Chapter 31 – Discretion is key…or not
278 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

– POV General –

< 0 minutes left >

Far to the north of the city hidden in some bushes in front of a wall made of wire mesh, Hestia was hiding there accompanied by Seth her snake, Buggy and Douggy. She was staring intently at a gusset watch hanging from her cloak, waiting for the countdown to end. It had been decided that they would act after 15 minutes and the young woman strangely always straddling the hours then suddenly opened her mouth to speak.

"It's been 15 minutes, they should have..."

*BOOOOOOM*

She didn't have time to finish her sentence when suddenly an explosion from the east was heard, shaking the ground slightly at the same time. The three of them knew very well where this explosion came from and who had made it but they were still surprised by its violence. Hestia the first one since she didn't expect to feel the repercussions from so far away, completely excited a trace of temporary mad jealousy in her eyes.

"W-Wow...powerful. They weren't kidding, those dogs pffhahaha~"

At that moment the Captain was dying to be with them and really regretted not being there to experience this wonderful explosion. She would have wanted to be a part of it and just imagining the smell of burning flesh and the blood was making her shiver.

"Tch well, we'll create our own explosion too fufu~"

"Uh C-Captain, are you sure ?"

Buggy who was standing next to her had asked hesitantly as he saw the look on her face that did not indicate anything good for what was to come. Both brothers were very honored to be able to participate alone in this mission with the young blonde but they didn't feel only joy. They were afraid of not being up to the task and of disappointing her, but they were also afraid of her madness which was always unpredictable and uncontrollable.

Of course that was why Douggy and Buggy had decided to follow her, it was because of her fascinating, dominant and at the same time scary personality. However, they would never get used to the atmosphere of constant danger that emanated from her like a true demon. The two brothers were still unsure how to react to her, not minding enduring her cold stares, her rude remarks that they actually found very cool.

"You said discretion is key and that..."

"I know what I said, sailors~ we're going to go back quietly but I never said we were going to leave with quietly."

Plunging her intense gaze into Douggy's eyes which instantly lowered them Hestia pulled out her mother's notebook which she always kept with her. Like her medallion around her neck that she never left, these two objects were among the most precious possessions she had. Opening the notebook to a specific page, she looked at the drawing of the Kokosnuss manor that Diana had made a few years ago when she came here.

While the mansion's soldiers seemed to be panicking, sending troops toward the Opera House to help, she and her two sailors waited patiently. The Captain was looking at the map she had seen dozens of times before, but this time comparing it to the structure directly. She didn't want to spend too much time here either, every minute spent was a small chance for her friends to be found on the dock.

"The treasure room is in the basement obviously, we're going to have to go inside and go through the left wing of the mansion to get to the stairs that lead below. We'll go through the kitchen, the servants' quarters and past the guards' dormitory."

Luckily most of the guards had left for the Opera House thanks to the diversion of the other five, but their infiltration mission wasn't going to get any easier. For Hestia, who preferred to go straight into the thick of it, it was a challenge she accepted to take up...but always in her own way. Having read the information one last time, she put the notebook away before turning to the bars of the large wall made of them.

*crack crack*

Cracking her fingers and neck with a smile at the corner revealing her canine, the young woman grabbed two bars firmly in her hands. After taking a deep breath, she began to gently pull them apart, which despite her great natural strength was not so easy without her gift. However, after a few minutes, the space created was large enough to let her and the two large goons that accompanied her through. 

"Well, let's go."

"Aye !"

"Aye !"

Sneaking through the opening, the three pirates found their way along the left side hidden by the vegetation and the darkness that the night offered them. They knew what they had to do, where to go but how to do it, not really, left to the fantasy of the almost unstable Captain. For the moment the idea was to get into the manor without arousing the slightest suspicion, if they could get to the treasure room, it would almost be won. 

______

"Go ahead my darling, bring me the key"

"Hiiiisss~"

Hestia, Buggy and Douggy had crossed the entire garden and were standing in front of a kitchen window on the left wing of the mansion. It was closed, but a small opening used to ventilate the room on purpose left enough room for a snake to slip through. Seth, under the instructions of his mistress, had gone inside and was now crawling slowly over the table towards the big key that was prominently placed on it. 

Very quickly, the beautiful snake with white scales and emerald green eyes was back with what the young blonde woman had indicated to him. With the key, she could now discreetly open the back door leading to the kitchen to get in. The next moment, the three pirates had entered the mansion through the place where the servants and cooks spent most of their time. 

Yet there was no one there, most of them all gathered in the great hall to help those who were leaving for the East prepare their belongings. Thus they had free rein and would not hesitate to take advantage of it, far too eager to be picky. Without a word, Hestia pointed to one of the back doors which, according to her memories and the way the mansion was, led into a hallway and then into the servants' quarters.

Nodding Buggy and Douggy opened it slowly revealing indeed an empty hallway, quite dark as the moonlight illuminated the east side of the building and the west. The way was still clear but once through the corridor, the three pirates realized that there was noise on the other side of the third door. Women chatting happily or rather gossiping about what had happened on the other side of town.

"We got nothing without taking risks."

"W-Wait Cap..."

Hestia who didn't want to waste time waiting for them to leave removed her hood, adjusted her black-bladed sword before walking a little closer to the door. Once again, she showed an unpredictable audacity under the stunned eyes of the two brothers who were afraid to understand her intentions. One of them wanted to have the confirmation but it was already too late, the blonde was already knocking at the door suddenly changing her expression.

*knock knock knock*

"Y-Yes ?"

*creak*

Opening the door without hesitation, Hestia entered followed by Douggy and Buggy in the small part reserved for the servants without even trying to be discreet. The decoration was less, the walls and the doors rather basic and devoid of the luxury that one could find in the other places. Two women sitting on two chairs near a window had frozen, leaving time for the Captain incognito, to once again enter a character.

"Oh ladies please excuse us, we are officers who have come to take over because of what is happening in the East, you may already know. However, we've never been here before and we're kind of...lost haha~ Would you be so kind as to direct us to the nearest soldiers' quarters ?"

Hestia had put out her best smile counting on her ability to lie but also on her natural charm able to help her in many situations. As usual, the two women started to blush and were disturbed by her presence feeling like two mice facing a lion. The undeniable beauty of the young blonde woman made both men and women fall for her, the brothers wondering if this was not her real gift.

"Oh uh y-you are soldiers ? W-Well...ahem...it's right behind"

"Y-YES ! Sorry, I mean, yes. You have to cross here and...and go through the door and up the stairs before you meet there, i-it's not very far."

The two women in maid's clothing pointed across the room to where they were, unaware that Hestia already knew all this. Their eyes were on her and they weren't even paying attention to the other two or their attire, totally under the spell. Bringing a hand to her chin, the Cerberus Captain suddenly moved closer to one of them, pinning her slightly against the wall.

"Mmmh...unfortunately I'm afraid I can't find it, it..."

"I-I'll take you there, officers. Please follow me"

"Oh~ With pleasure, beauty"

Running off red towards the door one of the women who also had blonde hair felt her heart flutter and heat rise to her cheeks. The second one was jealous and disappointed not to have proposed earlier but accepted her defeat by making a small curtsy before running away in the kitchen where they had come from. The Captain's sudden strategy had worked, allowing them to wander into the right wing without worry.

_____

"H-Here we are, you can ask for Jenny from now on if you need anything. Please excuse me !"

Having work to do and not wanting to be scolded Jenny would pull up her dress to head back to the servants quarters without further delay. Shaking her hand with the same big smile, as she disappeared behind a wall, Hestia returned to her icy, closed off look. She and the brothers were standing in front of the door leading to the soldiers' quarters, but it was the stairwell to their left that interested them. 

"Well, let's go, the hard part is now."

Putting back on her head the hood she had removed a little earlier, the young woman nodded to her two subordinates before rushing inside. It was a large staircase which sank deeply into the ground only illuminated by candles placed on the walls. Only the sound of their boots against the stone echoed as the three descended cautiously unsure of what they would find once they reached the bottom.

Soon, as they finally reached the ground after the stairs in a blind spot, they heard the voices of two soldiers talking. Glancing around for a split second, Hestia saw a huge door that could only be opened by several people. The two men were deep in conversation and had not noticed that they had fallen prey to a golden-haired tiger in the shadows.

"I think discretion is over for today"

*crack*

The Captain had had enough, she had spent the entire first stage being discreet but in the face of what stood before them she could no longer hold out. This insatiable thirst for blood, for battle and for adrenaline was boiling in her veins and she knew that to get through that door they could not be discreet. Closing her eyes, very quickly the roots of her hair turned white as an intoxicating force violently invaded her.

"Who's there ?"

Immediately after, the officers having sensed the danger, the hairs standing up on their backs, had turned their heads towards the stairs. This ominous feeling had arrived all at once without warning taking them by surprise making them tremble in spite of themselves for a few seconds. Suddenly, someone appeared out of the darkness wearing a cloak and a hood that completely hid their body and face. 

"Who are you ??"

"M-Move your face up ! You.."

*swift*

The two men didn't have time to speak as the hooded figure had arrived at full speed right in front of them. In fact, it was so fast that they couldn't believe it because in just one blink of an eye Hestia had already grabbed their faces. Without even bothering to respond and give them time, she smashed their heads together exploding their skulls in a spurt of blood and brains.

*CRUSH*

"Aaaa~ fuck yees~ this way is better fufu~"

As Buggy and Douggy came out from behind the wall of stairs they were just as confused as the two soldiers as to the speed of their Captain. Not knowing as much about the young woman as the other crew members, this feeling of danger they felt as well. Especially since the vision that was offered to their eyes did not help, giving them admiration, respect, submission and fear at the same time.

Hestia stood over the two bodies in an explosion of blood spreading all around due to the force of the impact. Red liquid dripped from her face and at the same time pieces of brain still viscous and looking like pink mush. Paying no attention to her condition, the young blonde smiled, her green eyes glinting in the hood as she turned back to the huge iron door. 

"Let's not dawdle, get ready."

Shaking their heads to stop daydreaming and putting a hand to their sword, the two pirates waited for Hestia to open the door. All three knew that opening the door was like telling the entire mansion "we're here" and that from now on stealth was no longer possible. They still didn't know what was going to be behind it, but now it was time for improvisation, something she loved far more than discretion.

*CREEEEAAAAAK*

After having placed the two palms of her hands on each of the two doors which formed only one, Hestia pushed with all her forces. At the same time, a very loud noise could be heard throughout the place as if a huge rock was being moved. The walls of the mansion shook, the iron clanked and the colossal doors began to move thanks to the strength of one person and not the least. 

Having difficulty at first, as the natural energy flowed through the Captain's body, everything became easier and in no time an opening that could let them through had been created. Without question, the three of them went inside to discover what was waiting for them and to steal what they had come to steal. Thus, it is in another noise making the walls tremble that she closed the doors locking them inside.

*CREEEEEAAAAAAAK BAM*

Immediately Hestia began to smile then to explode of laughter in spite of herself, she was much too excited to be able to remain on the spot one second more. Buggy and Douggy were also laughing with excitement and nervousness wondering if the Insane Devil was already back. Killing made her somewhat euphoric and while she even dared to boast that she had been discreet despite the noise, sounds from behind them proved her wrong.

"Hahaha~ Discretion is key..."

*cling* *clang*

"...Or not."

As the three pirates finally turned around, they discovered several meters away a small army of officers with all weapons out pointing directly at them. There were about 25 of them and they were even accompanied by 5 growling, drooling dogs ready to attack at the slightest command. Yet the men and the canines were still, very wary after seeing this young hooded woman open a door requiring 5 men.

Behind them, the room full of pillars was very large although smaller than the entrance would suggest, after all it was only the basement of a mansion. Yet the room was of a significant size, filled with treasures on display, gold coins in stacked chests and other jewelry. The view was magnificent and as the eyes of the three shone, Hestia didn't care at all about the guards in front of her, commented with joy.

"Wow ! Jackpot, mateys~"

"WHO ARE YOU ??"

However, the young woman's wonderment was short-lived as the soldier at the head of the group had begun to shout. Sighing in annoyance, she deigned to lower her eyes to the one who had interrupted her during her moment of pure contemplation. The soldiers could not see her face but felt her animosity growing and as they waited for an attack, she answered their leader something unexpected. 

"Your mother."

"Wh-..."

"No I'm kidding ! Actually, she's the one who sent me to tell you that you weren't wanted and that she'd like you to disappear from the face of the earth."

*SLASH*

"Arg !"

After her words, the next moment a dagger with a golden H engraved on the handle had come out of nowhere sinking into his windpipe. Immediately dropping his sword, the guard brought his hands to his neck as he bled out, choking on it in a rather pathetic way. It didn't last very long as a few seconds later he collapsed to the ground, dead in a red puddle that kept spreading.

"Ara ara~ 6 seconds, can do better"

Hestia's voice had sounded again near the door bringing attention back to her and her nonchalance which was beginning to annoy the group in front of her. They were afraid but couldn't let them pass anyway and so were determined to fight. The fire burned in their eyes which did not fail to intensify her desire to fight and her killing spree as she drew her sword licking her upper lip.

"Well that's not all but we are in a hurry. So ? Are we going to fuck each other up or what ?”

 

[N/A : Map of the mansion available on discord]

12