Introduction
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Freedom City, United Republics of Ameria. A bustling metropolis in the eastern coast of the huge united nation, a city where an Oni is coming back to after lying low in the Kyokuto Empire. Down in the streets of the Industrial part of the city, located in the easternmost island out of three, a bus is slowly pulling up to a bus stop, and a pair of wooden geta sandals made noisy clanking sounds as the person wearing them descends from the bus towards the sidewalk.

The geta belongs to a blue haired girl with bangs covering her right eye. She wears a light blue kimono with a red obi, and is carrying a suitcase. Her blood red eyes scanned the streets surrounding her, she was stopped in an urban street, across from her is a small diner. She stopped scanning her surroundings, and used the payphone that rings in front of her. She spoke onto the contact that called that payphone for a little moment, before the horn of a car is heard behind her.

She turned around after hanging up the phone back to the booth, to see a taxi waiting for her. She got onto the back passenger seat, and the driver slowly speeds off toward her destination, on the northeastern part of the city. There lies a luxurious stilt house overlooking the sea, constructed out of marble. She entered the house, and went into the office where she is met with a blonde little girl with fangs in her mouth. Standing next to her is a young adult man with black eyes and shoulder length brown hair which invited an unfamiliar gaze from the blue haired girl.

"Look who came back!" The little girl welcomed, jumping in for a hug.

"Sorry I took long, Madonna." The blue haired girl returns the hug after catching her, and receives a kiss on each of her cheeks, before putting her down to the floor.

"Listen, Sara. I knew you did a good thing years ago, but I still need you to take it easy, alright?" The little girl asked Sara, the blue haired girl.

Sara nodded in response, before her mistress continued to speak again.

"Michael here will look after you. You need some credits, or orders - Mikey will take care of you!"

"Madonna Malzeno, I thought there are history between us? And now I am expected to receive orders from this... I couldn't say it."

"Sara, I know what you did, and I'm grateful, not as much as anyone else! Honestly, but the idea of you coming back here and questioning my orders in the first second is a sign of disgrace. Capiche?"

Malzeno is grateful for what Sara did which ended up in her having to leave town and headed home to Kyokuto. She had orders to kill a rival family's capo, which reduced that family's morale drastically.

"Pardon my rudeness, Madonna."

"So when you need anything, give Michael a call. Any questions, Mikey?"

"Of course I'll be happy to help her, Madonna, anything you say!"

Both Sara and Mike then walked out of the house, and towards a dark blue four door car, a Crystal Imperator. The moment they get close, Mike stops Sara, grabbing her left shoulder.

"Listen up, Oni. I've got you a nice little place to stay, and it's got you written all over it. Now get in the car and drive us there."

Sara sighed, and replied "Understood, Messer..."

"Rossi. Now get in and drive."

Both got into the car, and Sara drove off the dirt path that connects the house to the main street, and she drives down towards an alleyway a 2 kilometers from the stilt house. The alleyway ends with a small garage, and an entrance to a cheap apartment building to the right.

"Here we are, Sara. Home Sweet Home, chaotic, isn't it?"

"This dusty flat is going to be my residence?"

"Oh I think it's very you, considering how much savagery your kind is notoriously known for. Now get your demon ass upstairs and put on your uniform! I don't have all day, so move!" Mike shouted at Sara loudly.

Sara exited the car, and entered the apartment building. She went upstairs to the second floor where her flat is, unpacked her belongings which took 5 minutes, and she took her uniform and went to the wardrobe to change clothes. As she took off her kimono, she lifelessly stares at the whip wounds and bruises on her skin that are still healing. Dry blood stains her sarashi cloth that is wrapped around her chest. She then puts on her uniform, consisting of a black blouse and skirt, as well as a white apron with floral shaped collars attached to it. She also puts on her white maid headband on her head. Now in uniform, she walked back downstairs and got into the car.

"Now drive me to my business site!"

"Understood."

How Michael treats her is no different to what the Imperial soldiers did to her back in her home village where it was turned into a prisoner camp. However Michael hasn't hit or whipped her around yet which is a relief, but Sara will never forgive him if he ever crosses her. Sara continues to drive across town, towards the docks in the southeast in the district known as "The Oceanid's Quays" which has, obviously dockyards as well as warehouses lined up on the streets. Sara stopped in front of warehouse number 3, which has a bicycle parked next to it. Mike sees Sara's emotionless face and baselessly said to her again.

"Hey, apartments cost money, Sara. Just you remember who pays your bills around here, ME! Daddy Michael over here and don't give me that look! You work for me from now on, and I expect you to arrive in front of my desk real soon, do you understand!?"

"Understood, Messer Rossi."

"OK, that's getting awkward, call me Mike instead from now on!"

Sara exits the car, alongside Mike, who tosses her 5 credits, before he enters the door to his warehouse office.

'So this is my life for now, until I get back to a high rank so I have the resources to track down my beloved.' Sara said in her thoughts before She emotionlessly enters the warehouse's office.

0