The Set-up
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was all over the radio. What Sara did the day before becomes the headline for the news which spreads quickly all over Freedom. Both the Heisenbergs and the Morellis now know that Sara came back, with that message she gave to the city. Don Heisenberg ordered his soldiers not to pursue her, as he still has lots of dealers throughout the city, and that he doesn't fear "one little girl". As for the Morellis, they stayed quiet in Freedom Island, the second island in the center of the city, out of all 3.

Sara wakes up after a jolt strikes her body. She sat up from her bed with heavy breaths, as the scars from being a prisoner during the war still remained within her. She went over to take a bath, and after that she puts on her uniform, getting ready for more work. But before she left, the dial phone on her small square table near the doorway rang. She went on to answer it.

"Onikami Sara, speaking."

"Hey there Sara! I've seen what you did yesterday, yo! I got some good footage."

"Kenneth? Dare I ask, did you film me?"

"Kinda, it's for my own use. Listen up, get to the gentleman's club in the Red Light District, the one that me... And the Heisenbergs owned. I wanna talk, for old time's sake. Use the backdoor..." He then hung up.

Kenneth is another one of Sara's 'friends' during her childhood. He is one of the people that witnessed Sara's psychopathy as a child, when She remorselessly crushed a wounded butterfly that Kenneth captured using a net for her, as he had a crush on her. Kenneth just thought that Sara is a little weird, and that she'll change when she grows up. But then he made the choice of giving the brothel that he inherited from his father to Heisenberg, which causes Sara to distrust him even more. So, instead of heading to the brothel, Sara went to Mike's warehouse to get new orders from him.

When she arrived, Mike isn't around so Sara swept and mopped the floors, before cleaning the rest of the warehouse. Not long after she is done, Mike came in, dirtying the still wet floor when he is walking to his desk. Sara came to the office, and gave him a cryptic look.

"What? Mop the floor again."

Sara gave no response, and mopped the parts where Mike stepped on previously. Not long afterwards the floors are dry, and the workers came by. There are still no orders until 10 AM, where Mike calls out to her.

"Do you require any of my services?"

"Sure I do, idiota. Take my car, and save my boys from getting wiped out!"

"What happened?"

"They can't even do a simple job of collecting debts, and now the heat are on them! Now go, and don't come back until you saved them, capiche?"

"Where are they located?"

"At a car rental shop at the northernmost district of the Industrial Island, Harwick! Now get going, and if even one of the three dies, you watch your ass."

Sara ran to Mike's car after bidding him goodbye, which was replied with a scoff. It took Sara 2 minutes to drive across alleyways after alleyways as shortcuts to reach the rental shop faster. When she arrived, she witnesses a shootout between the 3 Malzeno goons and four police officers firing their handguns from behind their squad car. One of the goons cast a fire rune which missed, and nearly hit Mike's car. Sara's expertise in driving made it easy, as she then braced for impact as she rams through the squad cars to open a path (killing two of the officers on impact), and she swerved the car to make a U-turn to position the car towards the entrance again. She waves her hand at the goons.

"It's Sara! Thank goodness she's here in the nick of time!"

"Seatbelts on, gentlemen."

"Seatbelts? There's no need to--"

The headlight of the car blares brightly, causing the two remaining officers who pointed their guns at Mike's car to shake in surprise, and when the car accelerates toward them in a dangerous amount of speed, they jumped out of the way while the goons inside the car screamed in terror as if they are riding a roller coaster. It gets even worse because of the route that Sara took, which are through the narrow alleyways that she used previously.

"Ah screw it! Station, we lost sight of the suspect, return to patrols!" One of the officers shouted into his car radio. He did this because if he says where Sara is, then he'll indirectly cause the deaths of more officers trying to chase her.

The goon in the front passenger seat curls up into a ball in his seat while the other two in the back hugged each other in fear that this psychopathic maid is trying to kill them instead of saving them. They finally arrived at Mike's warehouse half a minute later.

"We're here, you're safe now."

"Finally!" The goon in the front passenger shouted, while the other two in the back had their mouths foaming as they lost consciousness.

Sara leaves them in the car, and entered the warehouse's office.

"Messer Mike, the job is done."

However, Mike is on the phone as he wheezes and take quick breaths as he is talking.

"Yes, ma! I'll call later, the maid is here."

He slams the phone back to hang up, and said "You can go now." To which a female nekomata crawled out of the table, and walks away.

"Hey, who's the best again, Sherry?"

"You do, Mikey~!"

Mike then looked at Sara who stares at him with those empty eyes and expression. His expression then turns into annoyance as he points his finger at her.

"What's with that look!?"

"Is that Messer's mother on the phone?"

"Sure is, why do you Oni care?"

"Is that what a loving family does?" Sara puts a finger to her lips.

"Oh, you want some too?"

"What?"

"Suck me, you want?"

"No. I'm saving it for my beloved."

"I knew you're such a square. Listen, savage. I need you to take a car at the dockyard, it's an imported coupe from the Southern Isles of the Old Country. Nobody will notice, as they think it's some lowly maid just fetching a car for her master. Now be a good, lowly maid and go!"

"Understood."

"Good, and be fast! I think the special police are onto me, so bring it to my garage instead of going back here, capiche? Call me back via the payphone in front of the garage when you're done."

Sara leaves, and walked to the dockyard which is only down the street. She finds the only car there, parked finely in front of a huge tanker which is owned by the Malzenos to export and import cars to and from the Southern Isles. Sara however feels something is off, why is it so close to the warehouse, and parked finely like that? Well, what could possibly go wrong?

The moment she entered the Fork Coupe, two police squad cars suddenly drove out from the tanker's ramp, and blocked her way.

"Freeze, Malzeno Demon! We have you surrounded--"

Sara ignored them, and just rammed through the barricade, killing the officer shouting that. The other officer ran off cowardly. Sara drives over along the streets, until she reaches the garage in the Oriental District, which is right next to a Deli. She exited the car, and called Mike's office through the payphone.

"Sara, how's the wheels?"

"The police knew I would be there, is there something that I should know about?"

"Oh, you think I set you up, huh? Is that it? You idiota, I guess this is why you Oni are so thick headed, and dim-witted! Yes, the police are watching the car, so what!? You do as I told you so, capiche!? Nobody will even miss you anyway if you got pinched!"

"I think I understood the problem now, Messer Mike. I think as long as I work for you, I will be a target to the authorities so that you can have me gone by imprisonment. I don't tolerate betrayal, so I will quit in giving my services to you."

"Sara, wait! I'm sorry, but you are also making a big--"

Sara hangs up the phone, and turned her back towards the coupe. She grabbed the car door handle, and yanked the door off the car, before proceeding to use the door to smash the car apart until it looked nothing more than a heap of scrap metal. Afterwards, she lifts the car and walked off to the docks to submerge the car into the sea. Sara opens her magic storage, took out a polaroid camera and snapped a picture. She then went back to the warehouse, and slid the developed picture under the door.

Screams and cursing can be heard from the inside, as Sara grins gleefully at Mike's misery. Having nothing else to do, she walks over to the brothel that Kenneth owned.

0