Chapter Nine – Calm Before the Storm
436 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I slept like a log and when I awoke the next morning I felt much better. I ate a good breakfast with my dad bearing down on me and making sure I ate well and was fully awake. After we talked for a bit about school I gave him a big hug and went to the train, making sure to text Toru that I was awake and ready for school.

I met Toru on the train and was again berated on if I was fully rested and if I ate enough, it felt good to be cared for. I wonder if Toru would nurse me back to health if I was sick? As that lovely image went through my mind we arrived at school.

School today went by as usual, I found out that Toru did in fact vote for me as Class President, but I still didn't know who else it was. I didn't want to go around asking everyone so I left it for now.

"Hey Midoriya."

"Y-Yes Kobayashi? I see you're feeling better. How can I h-help you?"

"Yes I got a lot more sleep and am feeling better thanks. I had two things I wanted to say one was to answer your question the other day about the runic language I use and the different effects it causes."

"Oh right yes I was wondering if different runic languages get you different results or not."

As he was talking he got out one of his notebooks and got prepared to write whatever I said down.

"That also reminds me what on earth do you write in those!?"

Midoriya kinda shrunk at my question.

"W-Well I always wanted to be a hero so I studied them and made notes so I wouldn't forget, I wanted to be able to learn as much as I could about different heroes and their quirks so I could better myself when I eventually got one and it kinda just stuck as a habit and hobby. Sorry if it bothers you."

"No it doesn't bother me I was just curious. So anyway the answer to your question is yes, for example Nordic runes which are what most people imagine when here the words Runic or runes is most effective when changing temperature or water effects. Ancient Latin runes are good for combat and Germanic are good for when things need to be timed, I haven't tested any obscure runic languages yet though. However there is one type that takes the good of all of these and mixes it into one type of runic language." 

I leaned in as I said that.

"Over a year ago I wanted to test my quirk but couldn't find a rune that work well enough so I did the next best thing I wrote my own."

Midoriya looked confused at that.

"What I mean is I created by own runic language. I found out that as long as the runes had the meaning in my head then the effect could be made and since I created them I had more freedom in what they meant that way I could be more precise and accurate thus making my quirk stronger. There are some words that I still use in the normal runic languages since I haven't created a full replacement yet but I will by the time I graduate, after all isn't that what school is for?"

I gave Midoriya a toothy grin pleased with myself for my quirk and brain.

"Wow your own language that's incredible! You know what you just said might be why your eyes change colors."

"How do you think so?"

"Well you said that your new runes work because in your head they had meaning so perhaps that meaning is being transmitted from your brain through your eyes which makes them glow, just a theory though."

I had of course though about why my eyes turned gold during the use of my quirk but I never found and answer I truly liked and while this one didn't sound perfect, it did sound plausible.

"Oh you said you had two thing you wanted to tell me what was the second?

I snapped back to my main purpose and answer him right before Hero class started.

"After class we need to talk alone... it's about your given quirk."

Midoriya's eyes almost burst out of his head, it looked like he wanted to start panicking and yelling but I put a finger to my lips as Mr. Aizawa opened the class door.

 

***

 

          Alright everyone get dressed in your costumes and meet me out front, there will be busses we are going to be doing rescue training today. Myself, All Might and another teacher will be using one of the onsite facilities to teach you and judge you on rescue training, so hurry up."

Everyone except maybe Bakugo was excited as we all headed to the locker rooms to change (Bakugo always has resting angry face). Rescuing was a massive part of pro hero work so we all had wanted this training, me especially.  Who knows I might save my Damsel in distress this way.

"Hey Adeline what are you day dreaming for?"

"Oh sorry Tsu just thinking of saving a damsel in distress one day, you know how it goes."

"Ribbit... isn't that something for a prince in shinning armor to do?"

"Well who says it has to be a prince to save the damsel, I the princess will be given that honor."

I make a heroic pose in the locker room; it would have probably made everyone fawn over me and my heroic pose if it wasn't for the fact I was half dressed at the time.

Tsu left me to my own devices as we continued to change

"Hey Momo can I ask you a personal question?"

Momo being the perfect class President was the first of us to finish changing looked over to me.

"Sure what can I answer for you Adeline?"

"You're the same age as us right? How do you have such big boobs and a rocking body already?"

The dressing room was so silent a pin could be heard if it was dropped. Momo's head turned a little red at that.

"W-well if oyu must k-know, my quirk uses the fat in my body to create the things I made so my body naturally gains fat easier to use that just so happens to make my body curvy and boobs big. it's not a big deal."

"Sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I was just jealous is all, I mean I am crazy proud of my body and breasts but you know the saying, 'grass is always greener on the other side.'"

Momo nodded to that as we all finished up dressing and made out way outside to where the busses where.

UA is apparently much more massive that I had though as the training area were using needed a short bus ride to get to. The conversations we had made it go by faster.

Various conversations were going on and some of them I participated in but I mostly just listened to Toru's lovely voice as she gossiped about various things, apparently All Might had solved several crimes this morning on his way to work which was very impressive.

Tsu must have heard the conversation about All Might because she turned to Midoriya.

"Midoriya, your quirk resembles All Mights right?, Ribbit?"

Midoriya looked between her and me while stuttering trying to deny it as Kirishima saved him by mentioning that All Might doesn't hurt himself when his quirk is activated which was a valid point. Was I wrong then?

Midoriya was then again saved by our arrival. Once we exited Mr. Aizawa took us into the massive building where we met someone in a space suit that was inside, what was also inside was incredible.

A lake with a boat, a city on fire, a courtyard, a rocky area, this place had a lot of different scenarios you could do for training. How did UA afford all of this? As everyone gawked at this, Aizawa introduced us to the other teacher Thirteen which made some of the other girls as well as Midoriya fan girl out over her.

Thirteen was apparently a hero who focused almost entirely on natural disaster recovery and rescues. Her quirk is black hole, it was pretty self-explanatory. She also was the person who had this place built, it was called the Universal Studios Japan or USJ for short.

As we were being introduced to the facilities Aizawa was cut off as a spiral vortex started opening and a lot of people started walking out. I got a ach in my stomach at this. I then muttered.

"This doesn't seem right..."

21