Prologue: Life is Like a Box of Chocolates
284 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

It was just another day and Jared was getting ready to head out for school. He kissed his mom on the forehead and he tried to do the same to his little sister, but she quickly moved out of the way. Jared looked a little dejected, while his mother laughed. Jared laughed it off as he headed out of the door. 

Jared loved his little sister and mom. His mother was a hard worker and caring, working night shifts at her job for extra pay to support him and his sister. His little sister never bothered him and never snitched on him like most little sisters do. 

Jared walked to school everyday and this day was no different. He looked at the clear blue sky and took in a whiff of fresh air. “Today’s going to be a good day.” 

Jared made it to school on time as per usual. After all, he had to live up to the title of Valedictorian. As he walked into school, a few of his teammates from the varsity wrestling team greeted him. Smiles and jokes were exchanged painting a happy picture to everyone watching. 

Suddenly, Jared made eye contact with a short brown haired chubby girl. Just as quickly as they made eye contact, she turned away. Jared smiled in response as he made his way to class. This particular event was status quo for Jared. His deep dark eyes, sleek black hair, and chiseled jawline drove girls crazy. Not to mention his 6’0 (182.88) height, well built athletic physique, and his status as the top athlete in school along with his valedictorian status. 

Jared stepped into the classroom and a crowd of smiles were thrown his way. A curly haired green eyed, light skin woman with a curvy figure waved at him as soon as made eye contact. This woman was Ms.Jackson and she was the teacher of Jared’s history class. Jared returned her wave and smile with his own as he made his way to the desk. 

As class was just starting, Jared looked out of the window and watched the birds chirping away happily. While he was admiring the birds and their beauty, storm clouds suddenly gathered and thunder bellowed, scaring away the birds. Jared frowned as he looked at the sky. The weather on his phone said clear skies all day and warm weather. He was just about to turn away in anger, until something that caught his eye. A purple circle had formed in the sky and large objects were falling from them one after the other.  

“What is that?” Jared would soon receive the answer to his question when his school building shook and a portion of the ceiling collapsed onto a portion of the students in class. 

 

2