Little Sprite
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Little Sprite:

( Earth N.E.V. 11 }--->/--->/--->/--->/--->/--->/-{<Earth #8193 )

 

Crimson vortexes spark passed like lightning as Time and Reality conflagrate in a storm of ruby-ashen possibilities. Universes pixelate into fluidity leaving nothing but the power, the speed. A battle-scarred purple finite blur of matter surges through the vast red meta-space where everything and nothing merge like a meteorite through the cosmos.

Thoughts of desperation rage in the mind of the violet wisp of a girl as she races through the vast sanguine ether. Faster... faster. Come on. You can do it. You have to go faster.

Suddenly a searing bolt of umbral-black lightning darts towards the lavender girl from somewhere behind her as the form of a rapidly encroaching xanthous spark of a man closes in on her. The purple-garbed wisp barely manages to evade the incoming bolt of energy as a great thunderous boom echoes through the vast eternity stretched out behind her.

From out of the heart of the boom erupts a great all-consuming cascade of expanding light. The pursuing dark-clothed man and the violet girl burst forward even faster in a desperate effort to stay ahead of the blindingly radiant shockwave and each other. Tears bleed from the girl's eyes, the great boom signaling the death of everyone she ever loved and everything she ever knew. Her heart crumbles, her world stripped away by the expanding wave of light now chasing her. 

"Poor girl... so tragic. Just give up. Who would blame you?" coos her black-garbed pursuer mockingly. The girl screams out in agony as she erupts forward even faster, trying frantically to stay ahead of the man stalking her but the man closes in once again punching her as hard as he can in her right shoulder-blade, shattering it.

"It's just us now, little sprite. You weren't fast enough to keep me from killing the woman you love and now I'm going to break you, slowly... painfully and in every terrible way you could possibly imagine." cries out the man to her as he overtakes her, again and again, landing blow after painful blow until finally, he rushes ahead of her in an effort to cut her off.

 End of the line little sprite.

The girl sees the man turn towards her as he pulls ahead and she readies herself. It's time. Focus. Focus... You can do this. You have to do this. For them... for her. She breathes deep letting the moment wash over her and then she exhales. Digging deep, the girl screams as she drags forth from her heart every last ounce of strength she can muster, burning it away as she shatters forward phasing straight through her dark-cloaked foe. Her blood simmers, as her suit and flesh start to burn away.

The girl's explosion of movement stuns her foe as she phases through him long enough for the expanding tsunami of light behind them to overtake him. The plasmatic shockwave slams into the man, violently knocking him forward and sending him flying past the girl. She can see the man surge chaotically past her and disappear. 

Come on, almost there thinks the girl as she senses her exit point approaching and focuses on it. A vortexing swirling rift of ruby sparks opens up before her. There she is!

"Anya!!! Anya!!!" calls out the girl as she feels herself starting to pierce through the veil. 

"Anya!!!" cries out the girl once more as her upper body finally breaks through to her destination and feels the familiar arms of her mother wrap around her once more. She clings desperately to her, fear and anguish still flooding her system.

Anya steps backward, pulling the girl from the rift allowing it to close behind her. Anya looks upon the brutalized young girl unsure what to make of her. She is garbed in a black and violet battle-scarred combat suit. The girl seems frantic and shell-shocked as she pulls Anya in closer, shoving a mysterious crystalline silver device into her hand.

“It’s coming. It’s coming. They’re gone… They’re all gone.” whispers the girl weakly before fainting into Anya’s arms.

 

(Earth 8193#, the Narrows, New-Alexandria, 1993 A.D.)

 

A battered and bleeding man spews forth from a crimson tear in reality. The man collides hard with the cold wet pavement in a shadowed grim and filth strewn back-alley. The stormy night sky bleeds chilling tears down upon the man. The churning ruby portal closes tight behind him as he struggles to his feet. Oh, you haven't beaten me yet, little sprite. Get ready for round two thinks the man as he breathes in deep and lurches forward with all his might only to find in terror that his power, his speed... his way home is gone.

0