From Out of The Mirror
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From Out of The Mirror:

(New-Alexandria, The Narrows, Ashcroft Asylum, 1995 A.D.)

 

The tormenting silence of the dark cascades in on the writhing form of John Doe as he screams and rages against the storming madness inside. His body contorts and twists, his self and sanity shattered by the hellish cacophony and genocidal brutality waging a bitter war of self-destruction inside him. Trapped in the prison of himself he repeatedly bombards the padded walls of his ceil with his head. Through celestial war zones and scorched cosmos, he feels it, a looming presence clawing out for him from the reflective void between Dream and Reality.

 The churning cosmoses convergence and smoothen into a  perfect silver sheen. A megalithic mirror of glassed-universes forged together and stretched into infinity. He reaches out a trembling hand towards its sparking soothing surface its tender resonance calming his screams to subtle whimpers as the reflective surface churns and shifts expelling a shimmering luminescent young girl with skin pale as snow and hair like flowing sunlight.  

“Oh, in what shadowed cell doeth my dearest child find themselves in this bitter hour?” muses the golden-haired girl tenderly as she kneels down next to John Doe as the great cosmic mirror and swirling cosmoses shatter and bleed away leaving just the dull reality of the John Doe’s padded cell.

“With elated heart and twisted mind doeth your child endure all that must be suffered to honor thy will for mother is God to all her children.” mutters back John Doe between whimpers. The girl looks down upon John Doe, eyes glowing with compassion as she lovingly ghosts her hands briefly over his shaking form.

“Blessed child of mine, most loyal and true, your sufferings for my sake do not escape the sight of my loving heart. Glad tidings I bring for the hour of your deliverance from the screams of demons and the hell of dark is at hand. With this gift returned I set you free from the chaos within.” continues the girl as she places a tender kiss upon the trembling man’s forehead before teleporting into her hands the source of his serenity and focus… his mask and places it upon his face. The man’s breaths steadies as the inner chaos of voices calms. He is whole self once more. 

“Now arise my most faithful servant restored and made whole for your master’s will must be done and the hour grows late.” Demands the girl, rising back to her feet as the Woodsman kneels in holy reference to her divine splendor. 

“Honor to thee my sacred mother, what is thy will?” inquires the Woodsman.

 

******

 

“So how are we looking?” asks Oskar as he welcomes Anko into his office, shutting the door behind them as Anko immediately activates the privacy tinting on Oskar’s office windows with a smirk. As she turns her attention back to Oskar, her lips are immediately locked in a passionate embrace with his, their tongues hungrily exploring each other’s mouths. 

“We’re on schedule. I already sent word to Anya that I will drop by tomorrow to help her and Tenjin integrate the Preservation Field Emitter into the Knight-Gallery’s Systems,” responds Anko through passionate kissing and heavy petting.

“Did you have to say that?” snaps back Oskar suddenly pulling away from her.

“What… talking business usually turns you on.” pants back a playful and aroused Anko.

“That name… I have asked you not to say that when…” responds back Oskar frustratedly as he tries to maintain his chill.

“God not this again. Look it’s not my fault if you cannot keep your mind off Anya when we are being intimate.” snaps back an annoyed Anko, zipping back up her shirt.

“Yeah, yeah. I know… sorry.” mutters back Oskar.

“Look it’s no secret you have loved her ever since we were children together. She knows it, I know it and you know it. I accept that about you but this needs to stop… I’m serious. I’m gonna go and I want you to stay here and sort out your feelings once and for all.” responds Anko standing up and rezipping her skirt as Oskar sighs.

“I love you Oskar but I cannot wait forever. Anya has Monica and Emma to make her happy and you could have me. Don’t you deserve happiness too.” continues Anko placing a gentle goodbye kiss on Oskar’s head before walking out of the office leaving Oskar to his thoughts and office whiskey.

0