1.A Human Beginning I
63 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From basic agriculture to actual children, humans are used to creating something new from distinct elements that aren’t visible or useful when alone. When considering the act of creation, the creation of a completely untainted world is in an entirely different dimension, if we consider both the size and especially its components.

Divinity, when analyzed, is merely a special type of high-level energy. If we dumbed down the process a lot, what the God of Experiments was making was made of nothing but thoughts and prayers sent to him. 

Admittedly, it was a very concentrated type of thoughts and prayers. These were distilled to be at their most condensed, from what you could think about on your deathbed to the daily wishes you thought during your highs and lows.

Regardless of what these thoughts were, whether benevolent or malicious, one thing was sure.

It was going to be an incredible sight to behold. 

At least, the three watching from a telescope in a new hidden place thought so. They had strange sunglasses on their faces, preparing them for what was to come in one of the greatest shows to behold.


John felt translucent as he slowly adapted to the sudden speed at which they were launched. He would have mentioned inertia, but he was pretty sure souls didn’t have mass. He would be lying if he said that he wasn’t feeling sick but it seems this soul form didn’t come with enough insides to feel sick from the G force of what should be several times the speed of light.

 After some time passed, just like one doesn’t experience their planet’s incredible rotation speed, the various points of light representing each Pioneer in the air stopped being affected by their new base speed. As if waiting for this moment, the Golden Orb they all saw a few meters beneath them started cracking.

As its cracks deepened, rays of light emerged from the ball, enveloping it or blasting in a particular direction, sometimes even altering its course dramatically. Dumbfounded, John witnessed 3 different seemingly random rebounds on various obstacles, dodging various remnants of past and future Realities that would have shredded them, and even went through a Void beast that conveniently had a hole in its chest.

John may have really lost his mind if he saw the situation from our three observer’s viewpoints. From where they stood, they saw the complete ramifications of these flashes of light from their observatory. 

The flashes who seemed to fire in random directions always reached targets, some far others hidden very close. They blinded some Void Beasts at times, making them miss the round invader in their territories. Others irritated the Void Beasts just enough to make them attack their neighbors, moving out of the way of the experiment.

Not only that, but the coating aura of the Luck Domain even modified their trajectory through random debris in the void, using these brief contacts to absorb rare metals and other components to accelerate the formation of the Origin.

The power of Luck imbued in the Origin truly shined through and managed to extend this experiment beyond the 5-minute mark.

The Highest Level of Luck deserved the incredible price the Twins put on it.

John would have continued to observe the improbable trajectory followed by the world if the fissures on the golden shell didn’t grow wide enough to start sucking him and everyone beside him. 

His grip on space was slowly slipping. In the last moments before crashing into the orb, he managed to glimpse the moment when the golden shell started to unravel, the world expanding suddenly in all directions.

 


[First Deployment Phase Cleared]

[Message Inbound from creator: … World Name acknowledged and needs to be mentioned to Pioneer. Relevant information was added to the Introductory Message.]

[Preparations are being deployed, first lifeforms awakening in 3, 2, 1…]

A gasp rose from John as he awoke against a tree, some basic linen clothes on him. His last memories were of the Golden Orb exploding into the world he was on. He could remember himself falling, both physically and into unconsciousness, but still managed to see where he would land. It seemed that an endless sea of trees was his very first survival environment.

He tried looking down to examine himself but was suddenly stopped, information was worming its way into his mind.

Following this awakening, John and every Pioneer felt themselves flicker in and out of existence as a set of information was drilled into them.

[Pioneer Advantage: Starting Cosmetic Change]

The creation of his body briefly followed this. He could feel his current grasp on it was strange. He could change some small details of his appearance.

This glorified character creation would have been a nice detail if any of the Pioneers managed to remember what they precisely looked like before. They merely remembered vague details like their general height, gender, and small things that guided their choices.

Whether by choice or not, John had no preference for his appearance. Considering this was a supernatural world in the development, he was sure he could change it without too much trouble if need be at some point.

He did note to not alter his preset perception of himself too much. He wasn’t exactly equipped with a skill set to survive from what he remembered and if he wished to survive beyond the first day, he didn’t need to trip over his own steps every 5 minutes because he wished to be taller than what he remembered himself to be. An adaptation period to run properly wasn’t an option when a small note at the bottom of Probatio’s PowerPoint presentation mentioned that Wildlife was introduced at the same time as Pioneers. This included aggressive types too.

He went with what he remembered being a default look with short brown hair and gray eyes, around 1m80 should be around what he was used to. He didn’t make himself particularly handsome, merely keeping the default features he came with. This was also considering that most people would probably beautify their appearances a lot given the free-range they had.

He snickered a bit at this thought, would a standard appearance become the new rare in this situation?

This offered [Cosmetic Change] phase probably had limits, John thought. 

If the System allowed Pioneers to make themselves otherworldly beautiful, capable of charming even other races from the start, it would become a weapon capable of stunning or disarming most.

Luckily, a small check on the extremes of the various sliders he had access to allowed him to realize a limit in every parameter accessible, so third arms or a second heart weren’t on the table for now…

As he confirmed his choice, his feeling of strangeness settled as his body felt stabilized. He settled in his corporeal body for his new life as a glorified experimental subject. This thought soured his mood a bit.

A window popped up before him before his thoughts got too negative.

 

[Welcome to the Origin World, Pioneer]

Was the new world really named Origin? A world representing a new fresh start untainted, a Genesis was literally named Origin? Wow, how original.

A smaller window popped up after the first one.

[Please note that among the many Domains of this world’s creator, Creativity isn’t one of them.]

[The name is, regardless, final.]

It seems the sarcasm he felt was clear and shared enough to be communicated to the world itself.

This World System wasn’t a mere AI or a mechanical robot, John reminded himself that this being was conscious and while it had a different perspective from theirs, it was constantly Evolving.

The windows vanished and new ones popped up.

[Currently, no System or aid of any kind can be given to the Pioneers.]

[This will change as the world develops enough that this World Origin starts creating Monster entities]

[Current Threats and Objectives: Wildlife, Survival, Possible Infighting]

[Basic Energies are present in the world are present at minimal levels. Experimentation is encouraged]

[Finally, your Basic Isekai Goddess Hero Pack™ will be delivered and opened.] 

[Refusal is not an option as its effects are only beneficial and any built-in triggers have been eliminated ahead of time.]

John’s feeling of dread flared up. Considering Probatio’s warning, it didn’t shock him that these hero power packs contained contingencies so their Patrons could pull the rug under them in case of a problem.


Was his feeling coming from the fact that maybe these triggers weren’t destroyed?

 

Maybe they were destroyed and replaced with new ones that the World Origin controlled?

 

He didn’t and couldn’t know but one thing was certain…

 

[Pack opening…]

 

He felt like he was about to be fucked by fate.

 

[Congratulations, Hero, for your gift: Absolute Soul]

 

As always, review, comment, and don't hesitate to mention mistakes.

Until next page!

6