2. A Soulful Unwilling Caretaker V – First Upgrades & Furniture
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Soul Territory Guide, System Created]

 

[Description: a complete guide to Soul Territories, a Tier 5 Ability. Please note that this text is made up of pure information state and issues will occur in case of overuse.]

[Tome 1: Description and Modification]

 

‘Tome 1?’ “Where are the other tomes?”

 

[The other tomes are available in your soul. You just have to make them appear.]

 

John frowned and tried to flex his imaginary muscles but nothing occurred.

After a few tries, he asked the System directly how to do so but the answer wasn’t one he liked.

 

[Simple. Use the first Tome’s knowledge to learn how to manipulate your Territory.]

 

… It seems the handholding time of John’s deal ended and he had to figure out how to progress alone. He apparently already possessed the required knowledge, he just had to learn and comprehend it.

 

He would have made a chair and a desk but for now, John merely sat down against one of the walls and opened the Tome.

 

It was going to be a long day.

 


 

A Territory is a space set up and controlled by a being of great power.

While this category is mostly made up of Gods and Demigods, Immortals and Transcendents may reach the conditions to create one.

 

[Gods/Demigods: Beings that build up their power and sublimate it into Divinity. Built around Domains, they create territories to facilitate their worship and set up a Faith processor]

 

[Immortals: Mostly cultivators, special cases exist in other Systems such as Liches or Dragons. Through accumulation and time, the Territory they create is one they spend centuries or millennia in, permeating their Being into it.]

 

[Transcendents: Through reaching an extreme in their field, they create through their mastery of their Territory. An Archmage’s tower, a Monk’s temple, or an Alchemist’s laboratory can become Territory as their Art becomes part of their Space.]

 

Whether it be Divinity, Being, or Art, the creation of Territory through them connects the space to them. This gives them access to special rights close to complete control in them but also makes them vulnerable through this connection.

A destroyed Territory will weaken its owner for a very long time, sometimes even permanently damaging their Origin.

 

To counter such a problem, a solution that was thought of was to make the Territory portable by its owner. While moving fortresses can become Territories of Transcendent Engineers, for instance, the concept of making your Self your Territory was researched.

 

The three main parts of one’s person are the Body, Mind, and Soul.

 

These three variants of normal physical Territories create vastly different effects with their advantages and restraints.


 

John slugged through the tomes page by page, chapter after chapter. 

He had to go back a few times to read chapters once more at times to properly understand what was being explained but he could easily summarize what he learned now.

  1. The Soul being the Origin of the self is a source. A Territory made within a Soul relies on this Source to aliment itself and requires a soul large enough.
  2. As very few fights are fought within the Soul, the Territory’s offensive potential is limited compared to other types of Territories. This is compensated by its Oneiric Versatility.
  3. Depending on the Soul’s quality and size, one can create a space-dependent on one’s thinking and needs. Such creations are temporary but can be made and reused within the Soul through the consumption of Soul Resources.
  4. Parameters within the Soul may be changed permanently or temporarily through the Consumption of Soul Resources.
  5. Permanent creations within the Soul can be brought into Reality. The chapter of the Tome was however blacked out, SCP-style, with a note asking to refer to Tier 6 Abilities.

A Tome generated by the System taught in the most comprehensive way for the individual it was destined for. While John had hoped for a tablet instead of a dusty old book, he had to admit that it suited his need for information.

 

John’s education within his Technological World wasn’t advanced in its ways of studying.

While using numerical ressources was slowly being adopted by the educational world, most of his time was spent studying with hardback books. 

He had just finished his education when the majority of the world started to use tablets and computers to facilitate many things, he barely missed this revolution by just a few years and, to be honest, he regretted it.

The System’s analysis of himself proved this fact regardless. After so many years, he got used to the feeling of paper and printed ink. This preference was even shown without himself realizing it when he was one of the first Pioneers to create a diary to take notes in and reference the world around him.

 

Taking a few notes on a notebook with a pen that appeared at some point to better understand the material, John didn’t realize that as he learned how to deal with his soul, his proficiency with it rose.

 

Without even noticing, when John struggled with the first Tome and subconsciously wished to take notes to help himself, he created this temporary notebook and started using it.

 

This was the power of a Territory, a wish-granting space for the capable.


 

The Tome’s second part, [Modification] gave him a few breathing techniques to improve his Soul’s activity, which would increase its regeneration and finally increase its Soul Resource generation.

Following this, he proceeded to use a visualization method to see what he could do.

As John wasn’t a Tier 5 being but was the holder of the [Absolute Soul], he connected the visualization to the System so that it could help him choose. He currently had a few options.

 

Current Soul Ressources: 10 (+1 per 24 hours)

 

[Size increase: +1 m² / 1 SR] Current: 2m²

[Gravity Change: +/- 1 times / 5 SR] 1G

[Time Rate Change: +/- 1 times / 5 SR] 1/1

[Object creation: 1 - SR]

[Simulation: 5 - SR]

[Next Tome: 100 SR]

 


 

John regenerated 10% of his SR per day, this value depended on his Soul quality so he had reached the maximum possible. His max SR depended on his Soul Size. At 10 maximum, he had the average soul size for humans, some races had bigger souls.

 

Soul Size increased with time, achievements and experience. As time and achievements couldn’t be controlled, those who relied on their Souls to fight put themselves in varied and dangerous situations to grow.

This was why the professions using Souls such as Soul Mages were dangerous. Most of them never took off in their career, either not risking themselves and not progressing, or dying recklessly within the first year.

Soul Professionals that grew were a force to reckon with, however, they had survived countless tribulations to reach the point they were at.

 

It would take a long time for John to slowly increase his Soul size, it had a connection with his Soul quality. 

A purer soul would have a hard time increasing its Soul size while a weaker soul could increase its size easily, but once massive, purifying and refining its Soul would be a painful and arduous issue.

 

A better Soul was much harder to get than a large one.

 

For now, John increased his Territory’s size and changed the timescale as a test.

 

[2m² -> 5m²]

[1/1 ->2/1]

 

Checking the clock, he noticed that the seconds were indeed going twice as slow. He could change this with a thought as a new slider appeared, going from 2 times to half a time.

 

With the 3 SRs he had left, he tried making some items.

Simpler, smaller, and more familiar items cost less.

 

He made a small desk, a chair, and a simple bookshelf.

Not only that but as he tried to make training weapons to use, he noticed something and smiled.

 

[Gun “Mark 1 Prototype”: 0 SR]

 

He would have to wait a few days for targets. His training would become much more effective as he increased the room size he had to create scenarios.

 

For now, 

 

It was time to shoot.

 

And with this, my first chapter reserve is completely posted.
I'll accumulate a few chapters for the next few days.

Don't hesitate to give your opinion and suggestions on John's adventures.

Until then, well...

Until next page!

2