Chapter 9: Chains and walls
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Do gods need sustain? The beggar asked to himself, for the goddess did not leave her room for 2 days after the incident.

- And whatever should I do? It's her fault not mine. She didn't know her place, and I don't love her. How could I? I've got nothing since birth, but the blood coursing through my vessels, and even that people tried to steal, even this goddess did. But then why do I feel like this? Why do I feel so asphyxiated? Asked the broken man, not knowing what would transpire for asking such question.

He remembered his life, devoid of meaning, he remembered being chased down the streets, for stealing a piece of bread, he remembered her own mother spitting him and cursing his name after he had stolen that which was no his, for someone that hated him, that wished he had not existed. And then he remembers, that fateful day on that dark cold cell, where the visage of beauty flashed to his side. He remembers their misadventures and deceits, and how wonderful was this goddess smile. And that's when he realized, a bit too late, that he had loved the goddess, from the moment he hear her voice, speaking half truths and no real self. And now that she was genuine in her love, first time in millennia, he had shunned her away.

The man thought in the past, that his tears had forever dried, that he could never give them, no matter how he tried. Yet that day, that ever so fateful day, his soul's manifestation was in his eyes, ready to flood the parquet floor. He broke on the spot kneeling like the goddess had, grabbed his chest and could not pronounce any words, for truly his soul had life once more. When he finished, he looked up and saw, the closed door, where the goddess dwell, and he screamed with how little voice he had.

- I have no name, no title, I have no presence nor glory that I can present, but if this is anything you may want then take it, take my love that belonged to you, take it all, for it's yours.

The door slowly opened and the goddess emerged, saw the poor beggar with no name kneeling in front. So she got close and knelt but at a fingers distance.

- Then I will call you my love, my beloved, for my heart is yours.

Before they sealed it all, with a hug.

And so did the perils end for this beggar, and the curse of the goddess.

Or so they thought, for she still is, kind of a psycho and he dumb rock. Or so does this humble god thinks, that the fun has just begun.

Writing of the god of songs.

- Wait did I just refer myself while speaking about them? Huh. Consider that wall broken.

1