Chapter 11: Through the valley of shadow of death.
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was raining, and both lovers were gazing through the window, tho little could be seen. Her head was resting on his shoulder, her hair, ever changing of colors, were prisoners of the beggars hand as he toyed with them and felt their texture.

- I want to ask, said the goddess, are you happy with me?

- Of course, why you ask?

- For no reason, said Eris.

- Say, if I were to turn evil and treat you poorly, would you still love me?

- No one ever wanted to talk to me, those who did were in form of insults and curses, you, despite your intentions, always speaked to me, always loooked at me in the eyes, as if I were a human and not a pest. Of course that I will love you, even if it costs my life.

- But what if it was all a lie? What if I was only using you for my own benefit? What if I had a harem of my own behind your back? Would you still love me? Said with tears on her eyes.

The man, that did not know the past of the goddess realized that something was not right, but couldn't tell what.

- I choosed to love you and I will love you until my breath is taken away from my corpse, even if it damned me, for you are my beloved and no one else.

She rubbed her eyes, held her breath for a while and said:

- Once when I was young, I fell in love with a man and many lost their lives because of that. I kept asking myself was my love the one that changed him? Or was my love blind. Is it love really a good thing? Or is it a curse? I love and wish to live till the end of times with you, but I fear what might happen in the future for I can't see my own fate.

- Love is not blind, that's passion, love is about suffering I think, sacrifice. You can still be kind and love those who do evil. But it's their actions the one that defines them, not your love. I don't know the details of your past, and I won't push you, but do know that your burden is mine as I'm yours.

- I've seen many a wonders, but this raining right now feels better for some reason, even tho I dislike cloudy days. I wish time was frozen and this day never ended. But I can see glimpses of what's to come, for I can't se my own fate, but those to come, those to be, I can see their paths and I know, that I will cry.

- When that time comes I will be by your side.

She smiled at the man but knew the truth, that her tears were for him and no one else.

1