Chapter 1 – Dream
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Jane, Jane, it's the morning wake up"

"Ugh... Mom, 5 more minutes, please..." 

Jane quickly puts her head inside the blankets wanting to sleep more. Lilith seeing Jane like this couldn't help but chuckle.

Lilith slowly caressed her daughter's hair and smiles "Sure, it's your own life and it's your own choice to wake up or not, mom can't interrupt it anymore"

Feeling curious, Jane immediately pop her head out of the blanket and asked "Why not? Mom is my mother, of course, mom can interrupt my life"

Jane wait for a response for her mother but not even a word came out of her mouth. Her mother keeps staring at her for an uncomfortable amount of time.

After a few minutes, Lilith opens her mouth just to say a few words that shock Jane to her very core.

" Jane, mom... Already died"

'... Is mom joking? I mean it's not funny...' Jane assumed it was a joke.

"Mom, it's not funny at all, what are you saying right now?"

Jane tries to laugh at her mom's joke to her surprise her voice didn't come out at all. The atmosphere is started to feel odd.

Feeling anxious, Jane immediately looked up at her mother, just to find her mother is no longer there on her bed.

"No, no, no, no, no, Mom? where are you? Where do you go?" Jane immediately started running erratically to find her mom, having no destination whatsoever.

Her room suddenly change to a long hall with no end, She keep running straight toward the light showing no way of stopping, her mother's soft voice could be heard from the end of the hall.

"My daughter Jane must be strong, sharp, smart, and most importantly healthy in the future since mom can't take care of you, you have to endure extra hardship. Sorry, mom couldn't be with you any longer, it's time for you to wake up for real this time from this dream"

Slowly her mother's voice started to get fainter as it will fade away. She wanted to shout but her voice just couldn't come out.

Before Jane could do anything, a strong flash of light started to flash through her eyes making everything turn hazy.

"MOM!!!" Jane shouted

She opens her eyes and just realized that everything was indeed a dream and this is the cruel truth. Seeing her room that was old and dirty in the orphanage. Jane's eyes started to get red.

"I know... I thought we can just stay like that for a little longer in the world where you are still there... I guess it was greedy of me..."

Suddenly an aggressive sound of knocking outside the door of her room and a harsh yelling voice can be heard.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN STAY HERE FOR FREE??? GO OUTSIDE AND DO THE CHORE NOW!!!!"

The harsh tone of voice coming from outside is the voice caretaker of the children in this orphanage. Jane's mood instantly changed knowing if she doesn't respond they will burst into her room.

"I understand, I came out shortly" Jane replied in a cold voice.

"Huh, you should be grateful we even accepted you in this orphanage, because you are nothing but a cursed child, not even your parents want you" The caretakers sneer ad walk away.

Jane doesn't expect more or less from people like her. Jane's tears have long dried out. She can't keep dreaming, after all, it will only make her life reach rock bottom.

0