Prologue: abrupt wakeup
53 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in a room filled with golden light.

There are several things wrong with that sentence. First, my room does not have a gold light or even a yellow light. It has LEDs that I set to a calming blue light. Second, my room should not have enough power to physically hold me in place through blinding light. Third, I woke up.

I skipped every second of the process of waking up and went straight to the 'I am awake' part. I also woke up standing up and I don't remember falling asleep. It's unnerving. The last thing I remember is getting beat up by those bastards.

Ok, new problem. I'm not angry at those bastards. Now that I'm thinking about it, despite the fact that I'm out of touch with my emotions, I don't really feel anything other than a stable contentment. Something is very wrong with my emotions, because by now I should be bored out of my mind, not thinking about the mysteries of life.

Something must be messing with my head. Maybe I'm getting brainwashed? Would explain the constant contentment and the stupid blindfold of light. Maybe it's some new kind of hypnosis.

Alright let's recap my life to see if I can spot anything that doesn't belong.

Day one: I was born.

Nah I'm joking, I can't remember every day of my life. So, summarized version, I was born; I went to school; I was bullied to death...

Wait.

That last part seems wrong.

I don't remember dying. Is that real? Did I really die to those bastards?! DID THOSE FUCKERS KILL ME!? I HATE THEM! I WILL KILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS! IM GONNA RIP THEM APART AND PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER LIKE FRANKENSTEIN! #_@$#@-#$&_!!!!

...

......

...

Ok.

The emotion suppressor thing is working again.

Let's not think about that for now. Avoiding problems is the best solution and will never bite me in my back.

Fudge.

And yes I just used a food as a replacement for a curse word. My mother would get angry at me if I cursed in front of her so it became a habit.

Oh, greeeaaat the blinding light is dimming down. It just had to be after I have a temper tantrum. Well, I guess it's better than during the temper tantrum.

MORTALS

Spoiler

*From here on italics is him thinking and regular is narration. Bold is obvious. Sorry for the immersion break.*

[collapse]


Oh great, God must have come to judge out sins. The blinding gold light must have been the lobby.

The light has dimmed, or receded enough that I can now see an area around me. No idea how big it is because the gold light is the walls and it's messing with my head. I can now see several floating blobs of a variety of colors around the 'room'. 

What gives Godly voice, I thought we'd be getting judged one by one, there's like twenty other blobs here?

MORTALS YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT HERE TO BE GIVEN YOUR NEW TALENTS AND YOUR NEW FORMS

YOU SHALL BE SENT TO A NEW WORLD WITH AS MUCH OF YOUR MEMORY AS YOU CAN HOLD ONTO

YOU SHALL BE REBORN IN A WORLD THAT THE GODS HAVE CREATED USING A SLIVER OF AKHASHA

YOU SHALL BE REBORN IN A WORLD THAT OVERFLOWS WITH ETHER

ETHER CAN BE ABSORBED CHANGED AND CONTROLLED

YOU CAN USE ETHER TO DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS GIVING BIRTH TO MAGIC

THIS WORLD IS AN EXPERIMENT TO CREATE NEW GODS

YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN FOR THIS EXPERIMENT

YOUR PURPOSE ON THIS WORLD IS TO FIND A PATH TO GODHOOD

THERE ARE THREE REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A GOD

POWER

FAITH

SPIRIT

THE GODS HAVE SUGGESTED FINDING A PATH TO IMMORTALITY FIRST

YOU SHALL NOW BE REBORN

Excuse me but, WHAT THE HELL. He just dropped that bomb on us and moved on?! He tells us we're supposed to become gods and moves on?! And now we're bein-

MORTAL YOUR SOUL IS BLACK AND YOUR KARMA IS NEUTRAL

And he's here. What do you mean by that?

YOUR SOUL IS MOTIVATED BY HATRED TOWARDS THOSE WHO WRONGED YOU

YOU HAVE NOT DONE ENOUGH DEEDS TO FULLY COMMIT TO ONE SIDE OF THE KARMIC SCALE

Wow he actually answered. Does that affect my rebirth?

YES

YOUR REBIRTH HAS BEEN LIMITED TO CREATURES THAT YOUR SOUL WILL NOT REJECT

YOUR SOUL WILL REJECT ANY HUMANOID BODY

YOUR REBIRTH HAS BEEN PUT IN A NEUTRAL POSITION

YOUR KARMA HAS PUT YOU INTO A MIDDLE GROUND OF YOUR KIND

HOW YOU MOVE FROM THERE IS UP TO YOU

Ok, so I won't be human, and I'll be average?  That's not the worst. Will I be able to communicate with people?

YOU MAY LEARN THE LANGUAGES OR MAKE ONE YOURSELF

HOW YOU MOVE FROM THERE IS UP TO YOU

Thank you for answering my questions disembodied godly voice. I'm ready to go. 

MORTAL WHO HAS FORGOTTEN YOUR NAME AND REJECTED HUMANITY

YOU HAVE A BLACK SOUL AND BALANCED KARMA

YOU SHALL BE REBORN ACCORDING TO YOUR SOULS TRAITS

YOU SHALL BE BORN UNTO A WEED UPON A CLIFF

THE GODS HAVE DECLINED TO BLESS YOU

YOU SHALL HAVE THE TALENTS OF TOUGHENED FLESH AND FRUIT OF WISDOM

GO FORTH AND FIND YOUR DESTINY!

The gold light fades and dims to black as I fall down. I fall faster and faster and I realize that I don't have a terminal velocity, so I just brace myself for a hard stop.

I don't even realize when I blacked out.

4