Chapter 3: The Incident (Part 1)
94 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'And then you came' was one of those R18 novels that channeled a sort of NTR fantasy for its readers. For almost 3/4th of the novel, the male lead and the villainess were in a pretty steamy romantic relationship. And the female lead nursed a one-sided crush on the male lead since her childhood. It was, still, a story with a happy ending. 

A happy ending for a romance story meant that the protagonists got together at the end and the antagonists received their comeuppances. But the specific fate of these characters is usually dictated by their sub-genres. In a tragedy romance, one or both the protagonists experienced tragic heartache but the villains lived happily almost to the end; in a comedy romance, the protagonists stayed away from miserable scenarios and the villains got away with being embarrassed; in CEO romance, the leads aggressively pursued their romantic interests and the villains got squashed like a bug; and in a harem romance, one of the leads hooked up with a bunch of people and the villains got squashed like a bug unless they joined the harem.

Kiki was not lucky enough to be in one of those novels. 

After learning about the novel's plot, Kiki was shocked silly for weeks. The female lead had a hobby of peeking at her and Fu Shen having s*x? Fu Shen recorded her in their bed? 

When Kiki remembered how the novel started, she wanted to throw her head against the wall in hopes that it'll cause her amnesia. 

'And then you came' novel started with the female lead, Lu WanWan, running to Fu Shen's house to confess. She was bought up in a rich prestigious family and was taught to have a mature and, elegant personality. She was taught to hide her true self tightly inside herself. But, she had a weakness she couldn't contain. She was in love with Fu Shen. For almost ten years. 

When she heard that the unattainable Fu Shen was about to crumble under the pursuit of An family's daughter, she used up all her courage and decided to confess. At least, she won't have to keep this secret to herself anymore.

She habitually went to Fu Shen's room and sat on the couch, anxiously waiting for him to return. She didn't notice it in the beginning, but gradually she started hearing dull thumps and some inexplicable sounds coming from the bathroom. Curious, Lu WanWan walked over to the slightly ajar door and froze in shock at the scene inside. Fu Shen was topless and his jeans hung loosely around his muscular waist. The woman in his arms was only partially visible, but the delicate fingers holding the man's back, her smooth shoulder, and the irresistible curve of her waist was full of allure. She would sometimes push the man away and sometimes pull him closer,  all the while her voice softly coaxed his temper. 

Lu WanWan's heart pounded. Her eyes were inexplicably attracted to the eroticism of their actions. The delicateness of the woman's body against the strength of the tall man bending over her created an incongruous beauty. The moment lasted until the man's actions suddenly became rougher and the woman cried out in discomfort. The cry shook Lu WanWan out of her stupor and she quickly ran back to her car and drove away. What shocked Lu WanWan the most about the situation was not that Fu Shen was doing it with an other woman, but how her body reacted to it. She also realized that the woman must be An Min, the lady known to most as Kiki. She already won Fu Shen's heart. And Lu WanWan was too late. She felt sad about losing Fu Shen, guilty for accidentally spying on the couple, and ashamed at how her body was reacting whenever she remembered the scene. 

Kiki felt like her three views were completely broken by this novel again and again. She lost count of how many times the heroine watched her and Fu Shen get intimate in the novel. And the scary part was, she recognized the places mentioned in the plot. She and Fu Shen really did fool around in those places. Does this mean she will have s*x with Fu Shen in those hotel rooms, in cars, by the swimming pool, and in front of other people? Kiki's brain short-circuited. She cannot imagine giving permission to things like that! Not to mention, is the heroine going to watch them in all those situations??

Kiki shivered in apprehension. 

The beginning of this novel was scary and the ending of her charcter was even scarier. She almost told Fu Shen to break up with her at yesterday's dinner. But, he was her hard earned boyfriend of 3 years. Why should she give up a good relationship because of things that did not even happen yet? 

She even thought she could stay away from the plot. Now that she knew what was going to happen, she would just avoid those situations.

She was naive.

Reality quickly smashed her hopes into pieces when she tried to move back to her apartments. She wanted to move away from Fu Shen's apartments to figure out the recording situation, but even before the week ended, her mother almost forcefully stuffed her back into Fu Shen's place. Kiki somewhat started realizing the power dynamic between them. 

Fu Shen did not mention a word about her moving back and forth and Kiki, for the first time, felt a little anxious. She always assumed that she and Fu Shen were equals in their relationship, but without her knowing, it seemed that some balance shifted between them where Fu Shen can easily direct her movements without getting directly involved.

After that, she could only remember to turn off all the lights before she went to bed.

Luckily, the first 6 months after the dream was not a very leisurely time for Kiki or Fu Shen. A year back she opened her own company that designed elegant dinnerware and poured a lot of time and energy into it. At the same time, Fu Shen's family was also in the middle of transitioning his position to the board and it became increasingly difficult for them to meet each frequently despite living together. Kiki thanked so many gods for that reprieve. 

Maybe those peaceful months had convinced her that her life was in her hands, she was not as cautious in her actions later that year.  In retrospect, she should have been careful. Maybe then, she could have avoided disturbing the devils in their nests.

***

0