Chapter 29: We had a deal, be true to it.
894 2 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29: We had a deal, be true to it.

"Crown Prince Dereck, leave my home."

The Villainess walked over in a fit of rage, she tried her best not to show it on her face in the fit of the moment but it seems her anger got the best of her.

Threatening her maid, and demanding to see Miss Blanchet knowing what will happen if he dared to do so.

It made her really... angry.

...

The crown prince stopped arguing with the maid, seeing his other usual minor inconvenience.

"Evelyn, tell your maid to move at once. I must see her immediately." He walks forward trying his best to look menacing but deep inside he knew that it would take a lot more than that to have his so-called fiancé to obey him.

The villainess glared at the man in front of him.

"What do you think the people will say?! Have you no shame! You're engaged!"

"Hahaha! And you think that'll stop me! We're engaged, not married. I can do as I want." (Crown Prince Dereck) looks down on the girl, not moving her glare away from him he clicks his tongue. "So best not to stand in the way of my true love."

Clearly displeased with how obsessed she is with him, it's getting a little annoying. "Please, Evelyn you've been too obsessed with me ever since we were children- grow up. Jealousy isn't a good color on your face."

Excuse me?!

Lady Evelyn wanted to slap him, it wasn't jealousy, it was of duty!

Duty to be the future queen!

To which she promised her parents a role she was forced to perfect!

Does he think she wanted to play the role of a housewife for the future king?

No, everything has been planned the moment she was born. He dare say all of it was some sort of obsession she has for him!

However instead of lashing out on him with such unladylike actions. She decided her breath must not be wasted on filth.

"We made a promise, you will not visit me in my home. In return I wouldn't guard you twenty-four seven in school just as the king and queen asked me to." (Lady Evelyn) looked at him seriously and with a snap of her finger she chants a familiar spell.

"Obex Clastrum."

The spell of contracts and pacts, both promised to leave each other alone until it was the time of their wedding or any events where they needed to be together.

"You know how I hate people who break their promises."

She snaps her finger once more and slowly the crown prince's body slowly shivered, feeling cold. His butler immediately held his shoulders for support. "Y-Your highness!"

When it comes to matters of his master's marriage he can't say much, the future queen is no match for the title of the crown prince's butler.

Crown Prince Dereck shivered from the cold, the spell- when the caster knew that the other caster broke the rules of their contract they would have the chance to give a little... Warning to remind them to be true to their words.

The other caster would be able to inflict some of their magic as punishment.

In this case, Lady Evelyn being a water magic user the crown prince would feel either cold or drenched inside his clothes.

If it was a fire attribute, he would feel the heat of a dessert crawling under his skin.

The wind attribute would make him feel either dizzy or sick.

The earth attribute would make him paralyzed on his feet. The victim would feel like the crown has made him completely stuck to where he was.

The light attribute, due to its rarity it's never been confirmed but theories have been made that the punishment that can come along with it is permanent blindness.

And lastly the dark attribute, corruption and insanity.

No wonder he was shaking so much. The punishment was taking a toll on his body. He was holding his arms together, teeth chattering, looking so angry at his fiancé but his mind was all about Lady Blanchet to which he needed to see knowing her condition that she was sick.

Maybe he can give her soup! A kiss to make her feel better and to ask her out on a date right after taking care of her!

But it was all ruined thanks to this woman who can't even admit that she was clearly jealous!

"U-Urgh! Evelyn you b-" (Crown Prince Dereck) was cut off immediately while the Villainess never changed her serious determined expression. It was screaming, that she doesn't give a fuck of what he cares.

All that she wanted now was to go inside and give the damn oranges to the Heroine.

"It's your promise, your words and you can't go back on it." (Lady Evelyn) reminded him, the magic circle disappearing in her hands when she walked away past him. "It might be your best interest to go home, your highness."

Liara almost had her mouth agape.

She didn't know that the two would have such a contract with one another.

The King and Queen have given the young lady the duty of watching over their son, only to be abused. Used authority in a contract but it was paying off.

Her lady disliked him so much to the point a spell with a lot of consequences upon it was casted between one another but- thanks to this spell it seems Miss Analissa Blanchet will temporarily be safe within his grasp.

The crown prince kneeled to the floor while his butler managed to hold him, Lady Evelyn who was at the front of her door looked back one last time at the crown prince trying to bear the cold.

"Liara." She calls out to her maid who was watching everything waiting for her lady's order. "Lock the door thoroughly. I don't want any unpleasant things getting inside my dorm."

With her words it was obvious to which she was referring to. Crown Prince Dereck swore that he'll have his revenge, the little pretty Duchess can't always be this prepared and perfect.

One of these days... he'll be plucking each and every feather this little crow has.

"Right away, milady." (Liara) gave a bow of apology towards the royal prince before closing the door on his face.

Squeak... Click!

Charles Williams, his butler glared at the door as both of them heard a faint locking click inside. "Ugh... Evelyn is still too obsessive of me. I don't understand what mother and father even sees in that girl!"

The butler sighs seeing his highness looking so angry.

"Your highness, best we go back to your suite. Due to your pact to one another, your body will continue to weaken if we stay." (Charles) suggested to which the stubborn Crown Prince Dereck felt disappointed with himself. "You can see the girl you like when you go to school- please stand up."

"Hmph."

The prince did stand up but with such an attitude, he clicked his tongue patting down his vest for the dust in a hurry before leaving. He swore to get back at the villainess, just she wait!

.-.-.-.-.

Inside the dorm room...

Everything seems to have been cleaned perfectly, they went through the living room first. Liara turns to her master in a deep bow feeling like she's failed her.

"Milady, apologies I couldn't get him to leave before you came." (Liara) who has finally settled her heart from all that ruckus apologizes.

"It was the crown prince, no need to apologize because he would've barged his way inside no matter what kind of plea you made to keep him away." (Lady Evelyn) scoffed, having that kind of fiancé must be really troublesome to live with when married. "That's our future king, a troublesome man."

Liara could finally see her lady's figure looking so sorrowful, she felt sorry for her lady. "Hmm..." She notices that she was holding something heavy in those brown paper bags. "Please, milady. Let me hold them for you."

The maid offers both of her hands to hold the paper bag, inside were a bundle of oranges that the villainess picked at the secret elven market.

"..."

Going out to the commoner streets, picking fruit, talking to commoners and the elven people. Something she couldn't do when she was heavily guarded back at her home.

All for the sake of the heroine to feel better or to see her stop... doing a sad face.

"Milady, are you alright? Is it not heavy?" (Liara) asks, seeing the girl's standing figure. It seems like she was in deep thought whether to give or to not give whatever she was holding.

"I-I'm alright with holding these. It's... something I'm supposed to give personally to Miss Blanchet." (Lady Evelyn) didn't notice it but her hold on the paper was getting a bit more tight, she seems to be not willing to give it to her maid- because she imagined Liara was the one giving these oranges in her stead.

Miss Analissa Blanchet would be smiling, and she... didn't really understand why she would think it was bad.

She couldn't understand why she would feel rather bitter. The oranges would've been in the girl's hands so her duty has been completed either way right?

Liara blinks at her lady feeling that something weird was going on but deciding that she wanted no part in having these two come close she decided to ignore it and shift the attention to the most popular person she's ever seen.

"I see, speaking of the little miss you've brought milady. She's waiting for you inside your room- it appears she's almost well. Only left with a slight coughing, she's prepared for school." (Liara) smiles warmly at her master, meaning that she won't be needing to take care of her anymore because she's close to recovering. "She's even preparing you a gift as thanks. I told her it was no need since I know you weren't fond of them but she insisted."

Lady Evelyn who was taking off her vest was taken aback. "She's... preparing me a gift?"

A gift?

Was she even deserving of one?

Lady Evelyn thought that she didn't have to trouble herself...

Liara nods it was such a wonderful gift that she supported on with the idea and got whatever she needed. "Yes she's prepared such a lovely gift."

"However best to change into your usual clothes before visiting the little miss. After all she's been super ecstatic waiting for your return~ Fufu... It was rather adorable to see." she covers her mouth trying to suppress her giggling.

Seeing the little blonde cockroach swinging her body side to side at the bed of her master while she waited for her return was something adorable indeed.

Oh those words of hers made the heart of her maid melt, when they were conversing with one another about the Heroine having to rely so much for her lady she felt so- so guilty.

"Liara... Can I give her something in return? She's doing so much for me... and erm... I've only caused her trouble until now." (Analissa) scratched the back of her neck, grimacing a little to how true it was. She was supposed to be the villainess' savior but look at her ass being saved left and right instead. 

"I don't have much money so- if you have any art supplies like markers or paint-! Or a pencil lying around that'll make do!"

Liara smiles remembering such a considerate girl, she turns to her ladyship who seems to be trying not to smile. Her face was stiff as her lip tried its best not to arc. 

"I... will change now." she tells her maid who nods.

"I will also have your prepared gift in return to stay in a corner, please come pick it up once you're ready and your clothes in the bathroom, milady. I'll tell Miss Blanchet that you've returned." (Liara) curtsies before leaving the girl knocking through the master's bedroom. 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Liara Fischer knocks through the master's bedroom door, the blonde girl inside was still trying her best drawing and writing the message she wanted to give the Villainess right after she got home.

"Huh? I-Is she home already?"

Analissa Blanchet- quickly went on to hide her colored markers but to where?! She also needed to put the cover on her paper that Liara gave her to hide it as a surprise!

"A-Ah! Right, I have that now!"

Analissa closed her eyes putting all the markers in front of her with her hands over it.

"I-Inventorium!"

All the markers disappeared-! Perhaps now it was inside her inventory but she needed to remember to take that out later. "Miss Blanchet, I'm here to tell you- milady is home." (Liara) tells the girl, holding the door open a little, having her head poking out.

She sees the blonde girl looking so flustered and oh my-

"T-Thanks for the warning, Liara!"

"At your service, Miss Blanchet." (Liara) winks before closing the door giving a faint wave.

Analissa breathed a sigh of relief with all of the things she used were now in another place, out of sight. "Whew..." she wipes a bead of sweat on her forehead and feels glad that she has Liara somehow helping her with this.

Lady Evelyn Alarie on the other hand... was rather conflicted on wearing the same designed nightgown as Miss Blanchet.

She was holding it in her hands and well- her mind would usually flash the memories of the Heroine being wiped down- the memories of last night.

They would be matching- which is something that couples or best friends do and they were neither of that!

"Liara?" (Lady Evelyn) calls out to her maid.

"Hmm?" Liara wonders why she would call her needed services in the bathroom. She was pretty sure that the nightgown she picked was perfect after all. "Yes, milady? Is something the matter?"

"Are there any other... alternatives? Perhaps a long... pajama bottoms in my closet?" (Lady Evelyn) asked a little embarrassed but still- she needed some other clothes to wear than this now.

Liara thinks for a moment, seeing if they packed any of those. Honestly the Duchess, the Villainess' mother just ordered to pack up nightgowns and nothing else for her nightly wear. "Well... there's always your bathrobe milady."

Lady Evelyn, swallowed the lump forming in her throat.

"No, never mind. I'm alright with this."

Given the choices that she has- this is slightly better than her bathrobe. It ought to remind her sometime to have a new set of pajamas bought just in case something like this might happen again. 

Thank you to my patreon!
Platymage
Mis0
Anonymous
Andres Gtz
ghostricktower

51