[Volume 2] Chapter 44: New Route Event Start (I).
972 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44: New Route Event Start (I).


Weekends were days of rest, it was Sunday today and Analissa, the heroine of the story of the Otome Game she was stuck in, was enjoying the oddly peaceful morning, getting ready to leave for the open training area where Lord Ein might be waiting.

“Yawn… Good morning.” (Analissa) wakes up seeing some already by the window.

“Zzz…” Little Losimer were snoring, his little small body being huddled up by the edge. “Tweet… tweet.”

He had his little belly full from all that food he got from the blonde girl.


“Is that… Losimer?” (Analissa) sees the little sleeping figure, enjoying a good well earned nap.

"Oh the poor little guy. What are you doing in the window? You know you can visit me inside my room now." The Heroine thought of making Lady Evelyn's sparrow a small nest inside her room for him to settle inside if he'll visit her more.

She stretched her arms, standing up from her bed and scooped up the sleeping bird with her hand to temporarily place him in one of her pillows.

"There you go, all comfy and toasty." She smiles, going to her closet and deciding on taking a bath early in the morning.

If possible she'll only get inside the public bathroom for commoners if there was no one else inside to trap her in again. "Thankfully my coughing is getting better and the only problem I have now is my throat being itchy."

She takes on a set of clothes placing it in the side of the bed before-

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"A visitor?"

Thinking who it could be she thought of the villainess, but remembered she doesn’t have a reason to visit her today. Besides- last night she did something so embarrassing-

Cheeks red in color, uneven breathing, and their hearts pounding really loudly. Both girls feared that the other could hear the loud banging drum in their chest.

The heroine didn’t dare breathe.

It was the memory of her small body pinning down Lady Evelyn’s.

“That really happened right? I’m not dreaming or anything- Lady Evelyn escorted me to my room…” (Analissa) placed a hand on her chest, feeling her heart's rhythm. How contended she was for getting closer towards the person she admired.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

All that imagining though made her forget that someone was on her door, doing an early visit.

"Oh um- coming!" She hurriedly opened to see who her visitor was and was surprised to see who visited her so early in the morning.

It was the villainess' maid.

"Miss Liara, what are you doing here so early in the morning?" (Analissa) asked the red haired girl who laughs coyly, while holding a box offering it to the heroine.

 

"Ahaha…" The maid, looking like she just woke up too, was at her door. It baffled the blonde girl standing by the door.

"Milady couldn't just sit still you see, and immediately instructed me on getting these for you." (Liara) chuckles with a smile, the dark circles under her eyes could be seen.

The girl looked like she hadn't slept- "But it's literally six or seven in the morning. It's so early- you could've given it to me in the afternoon."

"I know." she casually replied and Analissa was left speechless. Why would the maid need such a rush to give her something? Could it be that important? "May I come in?"

"Ah yes, of course."

The blonde let her inside the room further opening the door and closed it when the maid got in.

She took her books and other things that were laying on the table, making some room for the offering the villainess gave her.

Liars sigh in relief, placing the box on the table. She looks around and sees someone else in their team has already been doing an early job.

“Zzz…” (Losimer) nestled into one of the pillows, making Liara smile and trust Miss Analissa Blanchet even more for taking care of their milady’s familiar.

"What's in that?" (Analissa) asks, walking over to help the maid take out its contents. Perhaps this was the item that Lady Evelyn promised to give to her, one that can help her throat get well.

"A notebook containing all the lessons and notes you've missed when you were sick, and a few assignments you need to pass by Monday now that you're well." (Liara) takes out a notebook from the box and hands it over to the heroine.

Upon opening the notebook, reading organized contents of notes, equations, magic circle theory and she was right there were a few assignments left to do. Analissa didn’t even remember that there were some magical school stuff that she needed to do.

"Thank you, Liara. I can't believe Lady Evelyn remembered giving me my missing requirements for school- and she even made me a letter of absence."

"Milady is kind indeed."

"And this is something milady told me that could help your throat get better, and a boiler."

So she was right it was the item that would help her throat get well but what's that-? Could her ears be mistaken but did she just hear a boiler?

"...a boiler what now?"

Clank!

"A modern item from the east, invented to heat the water with the use of your magic power or Mana." (Liara) takes the boiler out, surprised by its size and design. The outside was metal, with a measurement system of temperature at the side. "This boiler is rather expensive, and new. Some versions of boilers are old, having to use magical stones to help run the device- but with this you can just pour a little bit of your Mana and you'll be good."

"If you need a demonstration, Miss Analissa I would happy to show you how it properly works-"

Analissa covered her mouth and almost fainted upon hearing that this thing was expensive-! Hasn't the villainess spoiled her enough? From the uniform, taking care of the pet project, the blue beautiful dress- and even caring for her when she was sick!

Analissa’s stomach felt guilty to the core. "Liara… I'm not sure if I can take this, if what you say is true that it's expensive I can't pay it back. I was only expecting the tea-"

"Milady said there was no need for you to pay her back."

"Makes me feel a little bad though, and you had to deliver this to me so early in the morning." (Analissa) pokes the boiler feeling curious, honestly she wanted to test it out and maybe this would be lovely to have if she had some tea bags or ground coffee lying around. "No offense Liara, but your Lady is spoiling me… it makes me a bit worried."

If Lady Evelyn kept spoiling the heroine, she would feel burdened to replay it all back even if the noble lady said there was no need to repay her back.

Liara blinks in confusion, such a strange woman. Any other girl would take advantage of this kindness- The Alarie family is a family who has everything and could easily get what they want.

Why worry if such a rich family spoils you?

"Why ever so? I would say she has taken a fancy towards you and that you’re quite lucky." (Liara) tells the blonde girl who happily smiles.

"As a friend?"

"For me the way I see it… I suppose it's like a pet instead?" The maid held her chin, looking up at a cloud- Miss Analissa Blanchet had the body of a cockroach, neck leashed and her master was holding it.

 

The cockroach coughed looking ill, and Lady Evelyn quickly tended to the poor thing.

Liara’s imagination was wild.

"..."

"That's sort of harsh." (Analissa) was not even bothering on arguing with her, as a pet- any other degenerate would enjoy that but she's not one!

Totally not!

"Apologies the memories of your sick days resurfaced. You were like a cockroa- I mean a puppy… yes, a puppy that couldn't stay away from our Lady." (Liara) almost let that one slip, she'll be offending the blonde girl if she dares say she thinks of her as a cockroach in a weirdly good way to their Lady.

Ah those sick days were indeed recent. Analissa couldn't believe she did all those pushing, pulling, hiding herself inside the blanket and calling everyone names.

Demanding to be served orange flavored medicine, so shameful and embarrassing. She needed to remind herself to never get sick again because of a sudden personality switch.

"It wasn't even that long ago and I feel ashamed-! Sorry for giving you and your sisters trouble…"

Liara waves her hand, already moved. on from the blonde girl's shenanigans. "No need for the apologies, you have given me something I could never have thought in my life was possible."

"Oh- I mean… what could that be?"

"The different sides of milady, I have never come across anyone except one person. Lady Alarie cares for you, and as her maid I have to fulfill her wishes as well."

"I'm still sort of confused on how Lady Evelyn has come to care for me like that." (Analissa) takes the boiler in hand seeing her reflection upon the metal it made her feel a bit weird inside.

So much for being a heroine that would save her, all she's been doing is trying to explore herself and her new life as a light magic user in the academy.

"Liara, are you busy today?"

"Not really, Miss Analissa."

"Would you teach me how to use this boiler? Why don't we make some tea and- we can have a chat about um… Lady Evelyn."

"As her maid- I am not allowed to gossip behind milady's back."

"Oh no it's- I just sort of want to understand why she's being so kind… I just um… you can just listen in too. I probably need to vent some things out."

Liara crosses her arms and thinks her offers through, while she does have a few chores left unattended- and their Lady suddenly receives a letter out of nowhere from the crown prince… she's definitely free.

And she might get a little information that could be useful to tell her Lady.

"Alright, tell Mama Liara what's bothering you. Come, let's fill it up with water, thankfully I have tea in my inventory."

Meanwhile…

The Villainess early that morning.

An urgent letter from the student council appeared before the villainess' dorms as she woke up, feeling all happy to remember last night's events.

"..."

The pinning on the wall- how the two got to know each other more and her heart trusting Miss Analissa Blanche that she doesn't have any interest in being with the prince.

How she forgave her after confessing that she was invading her personal privacy, spying on her just making sure that she's not making any movements that could ruin her plan and reputation-

It was her regret to think of Miss Analissa Blanchet of such horrible things, she's one kind of a gem.

Even though she felt this rather impulsive decision to visit her working place with the risk of being caught- she didn't hesitate to come and it was a good thing her little bird familiar was very persuasive on the report.

"Losimer should be already with her." (Lady Evelyn) smiles, arms stretching only to hear one of her maids rushing down to knock on her door.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Milady! This is terrible! Or um… maybe good! May I come in to deliver a letter?" (Liara) from that morning time was haggard, barely having adequate uniform

"You may come in. What seems to be the rush?" (Lady Evelyn) asks as her maid holds a letter out to her Lady as she immediately opens the door to her room.

The creaking noise could be heard, Liara gave the mail and a paper knife. "It's from the crown prince, he wishes to speak with you-"

"...I just had a lovely night yesterday. How come that man ruins it for me every time I feel happy?" (Lady Evelyn) clicks her tongue and takes everything from Liara's hand, opening the letter and taking out the contents.

Eyes moving left and right, reading each letter word for word- soon her hands were gripping the paper until it was crumpled. The expression on her face was angry and scary.

"Liara."

"Y-Yes, Milady?"

Lady Evelyn takes a deep breath, placing her hand by her forehead before slowly sliding it up to fix her king purple hair at the front, looking beautifully mad.

"My boiler, pack it up with some throat ailing tea that we have left to offer. My notes and materials, give it to Miss Blanchet everything you think she will need and tell her-"


Liara was already taking notes in her mind, it sure was a long list of orders from their master but nothing of the ordinary now. "Tell her what, milady?"

"...tell her that she's not going to pay for anything I'll give. A receiver's job is to accept gifts, expecting more to come." (Lady Evelyn) stands up, folding the letter and putting it in her inventory space. “Inventorium.”

The summary of the contents of the letter was short.


A new festival will begin, plan accordingly and we will need to talk about Miss Analissa Blanchet. I know what you’re doing and I won’t let you hurt or do anything bad to her. I know what you were doing last night.

Consider this a warning, fiancé of mine.

Sincerely,
Crown Prince Dereck

...

The letter was concerning, she didn’t even want to hurt the heroine more like the opposite and unlike her fiancé they actually- 

"...!" (Lady Evelyn) remembers the accident in the alleyway once more, indeed unlike them- they actually had a few instances they managed to understand and get to know each other. 

“Tell one of your sisters to prepare me a bath this evening, despite it being a weekend it seems I would need to visit the student council room.” (Lady Evelyn) gets out of the room hastily leaving the eldest maid only nodding in reply.

Liara almost turned into stone, how many gifts has their Lady planned to give to Miss Blanchet?! If today she plans on giving a boiler- the next would be a house!

“...” (Liara)

SHE CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT! NO-! SHE’LL GIVE MORE THAN A HOUSE! LIARA CAN SEE IT NOW!

One could almost throw up blood with all the spending. The only daughter of the Alarie family, knows no limits or bounds when it comes to spoiling!

'Milady, please have mercy on the poor cockroach.'

List of Patrons:

Thank you to my patreon!

Mis0

Anonymous

Andres Gtz

Ghostricktower

Asteria Urbanska

Blake Roberts

LeShae

UniquelyX

If you'd like for more otome game: And see the advance story of our webtoon! Prologue is now available in my patreon! 

30