Chapter 10: Job Secured!
1.4k 4 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Job Secured!

The chaos continues with many suitors lining up to just give a look at our Heroine, Analissa Blanchet who came back to talk to Farrah and her grandmother about the sudden surge of customers.

"I brought back some customers." she said nonchalantly and the grandma almost fainted. Her husband managed to catch her and glared at the new girl he has never seen before.

"Who is this ah?!" (Grandpa Whitlock) points at Analissa and looks at Farrah with an angry expression. "What she doing in our home ah?!"

"Ah, I'm working here from now on, good sir." (Analissa) replied pointing at herself and Farrah could only separate them for now and remind them of the situation. "Customers- we have to-"

"Dear, we have to work! They look like they are from noble houses! Look at their crests on their clothes!" (Grandma Whitlock) looks at her husband with a troubled expression and manages to calm him down.

"Hmph... Fine but you and I are not done talking." he holds his wife's cheek before walking away to take an apron and wear it.

"Do... you have some experience in serving and taking orders?" (Farrah) asks forgetting to ask this before she had to run to get a whole crowd of hungry customers.

Analissa thinks for a bit... well... Do her games count?

She remembered the mobile games where she just had to click on the ingredients and it'll cook in a jiffy- oh and the part where she needed to make the other customers be patient by giving some side dishes and stuff.

An old classic game like Diner Dash?

"Um. Yes I have some experience?" (Analissa) gave a crooked smile that clearly shows she was lying. Farrah noticed her sudden stiff posture meaning, she doesn't have any.

It'll also be a problem if they ask all these people away when they're already seated in. "Here..." (Farrah) grabs a couple of menu pamphlets that were thick and thankfully it was a very detailed menu.

"If they ask... what's the special, say you'll check in with the chef in the kitchen. If anyone complains tell me... if anyone harasses you tell me." (Farrah) was a little stressed out now but she has a business to run so panicking or letting out her emotions won't help. "You haven't memorized the menu so... take this..." she took out a notepad and pencil that was on a nearby cupboard and gave it to Analissa.

Analissa blinks in embarrassment. She was just so excited to work she forgot she has no experience, hasn't memorized the menu, and does not know what to do when they ask when a customer asks for anything specific. "Also... don't forget to ask if they have any allergies..." she reminded the blonde girl who took a deep breath.

"Thank you, I'll do my best!" (Analissa) takes the notepad and pencil going through the battlefield.

"Good... luck." (Farrah) whispers looking at her running figure before deciding to help her grandma prepare.

Some were nobles, some were commoners and there was not one woman that entered.

The last fact made Analissa sad but in any case as long as there are some customers going in she doesn't really mind. "So what will be your order?" (Analissa) was holding a notepad and a pencil. While she still wore her casual clothing everyone agreed that she looked cute no matter what she wore.

"Um... if we order and eat all the food can we get that take out smile miss?" A noble raised their hands in question. Analissa politely nods and winks at the stranger who felt his heart thump loudly.

Goodness gracious!

"Yes of course! I would love it if you ordered lots and lots of things from our menu. I like guys who eat a lot after all." (Analissa) laughed evilly inside.

How cunning! Using her looks for manipulation to run their wallets dry! She doesn't feel bad not even one bit because from how their clothes looked, it was expensive so I'm sure they can spare a few gold or more.

Although she does hope that the kitchen can follow the running orders and the line forming outside of the restaurant.

"..." (Farrah) kept going in and outside the kitchen making sure Analissa was safe, she still couldn't wrap her head around it. How come she's this much of a man magnet? Is she a famous person? Someone of noble blood?

Wait no, if she was she wouldn't need a job!

She's really pretty but that can't be the only reason for this strange phenomenon...

"Farrah baby! We might need more potatoes and meat! Can you also help me run the broth?" (Grandma Whitlock) yells over the order to granddaughter. Her wrinkled and scarred hands were moving in sync with the stove due to being an experienced chef back in her day.

Farrah was startled for a bit before gaining her senses back. She can ask the new recruit later about it now she has customers to serve. "Yes! Coming grandma!"

Mr. Whitlock, Farrah's grandpa was running back and forth kneading dough. He's a quiet man and was rarely smiling but he loved his craft in making bread. "Hmph." (Grandpa Whitlock)

He felt that the sudden surge of customers was troubling and even annoying but... he has to admit his blood was pumping a lot due to the rush of new orders.

"I'll take everything you have on the menu." The noble took a pouch of gold coins and threw it on the table.

"No way! If he's taking everything and I'll double my order on what's on the menu!" someone replied with a loud voice wanting to start a fight.

"Shut up, I'll take triple of it!"

Analissa sighs thinking that maybe... This was a bad idea. Well actually not really, whatever she says they follow anyway. "Ah... I hate loud people but I love people who order properly and only order what they like on the menu~"

Bingo.

Everyone in the restaurant started talking in a normal voice and was reading the Menu properly now. They even waited for the Heroine to get to their table like obedient simps- I mean dogs- I mean humans.

"I'll take this and that, please and thank you."

"I'll repeat your order for confirmation if you don't mind. Oh! And please tell me if you have any allergies so that we can change your order up a bit to your liking." (Analissa)

...

"Do you serve any beer here?"

"I'll go check the owner if we serve any, please excuse me."

...

"What do you recommend here that's... vegan?"

"Oh um! There's a vegetarian option at the very back of the menu."

Analissa... was actually having fun with the work. Who knew the introverted side of her was slowly turning into an ambivert! "Wow- I can't believe commoner food is this good!"

"Milord you're right! We should come here often."

"This... this pie is so delicious- umph!"

"Jeez you have some cream on your face bro let me wipe it for you."

"Ayo- pause."

Everyone was laughing happily and was getting along with each other. Farrah looked at Analissa who was still serving and smiled. They might have met just this morning but... she might have gotten attached to her so soon.

Analissa made a few mistakes, a few broken cups but that was all.

"Thank you for your patronage and here's your take out smile from your cute waitress." (Analissa) gave each of the tables that were finished a wide genuine smile. For some reason, they weren't chasing her to go on a date or anything like that.

Little did they know there's a huge bear watching the customer's move. So they gave up for the day and decided they'll come back to eat the delicious food they have here.

Farrah runs through the door and flips the closed sign before any more could show up. Both of her grandparents groaned but were impressed with the newcomer. "Hmph not bad." (Grandpa Whitlock) just says those three words and leaves the room to go to the second floor of the café.

"Uh..." (Analissa)

"Oh he means you're accepted into the establishment deary, I look forward to working with you but please maybe not bring that many customers next time. You'll give me a heart attack." (Grandma Whitlock) chuckles patting her back, a good job done.

"I'll um... try." She scratches the back of her neck and takes in the first compliment she ever got from a part-time job. It felt so good and satisfying, it made her heart pump blood fast.

"I'll need to count today's earnings. Those were certainly a lot of customers and maybe if this keeps going we'll need to hire another newcomer to wash the dishes and serve." She excuses herself and motions Farrah to close up the shop.

"That... was... tiring..." (Analissa) slumps on a chair looking like jelly.

"It... was." (Farrah) agrees massaging her hand. All those prepping must've left her some new cuts and bruises.

"Your hand is roughed up." (Analissa) leans in to Farrah who moves away when the petite girl was getting close to her personal space.

Thump!

Huh? What was that? Weird.

"It's... okay... It'll heal." (Farrah) continues hiding her hand away thinking that these hands that were full of scars already might scare the girl in front of her. "No need to worry... it's normal... inside the kitchen."

"Um mind if I try something? I never practiced but maybe I can make your hand heal faster with something. A spell from uh my hometown?" (Analissa) thought of an excuse but that was the most creative one she can deliver.

"Oh... like... you'll blow on it and sing a song about the pain going away...?" (Farrah) asks so innocently. Analissa nods giggling a little, she forgot that light magic users are so rare there's only one or two casters in every one hundred years.

"Yes, so close your eyes or else the magic won't work." (Analissa) grabs a hold of her hands together gently and focused. Farrah found her little game intriguing so she followed her wishes, she closed her eyes and waited for the song.

How did it go again?

Light magic... heal?

Okay focus..

"[Light Magic]..." (Analissa) muttered first, focusing all of her mana in her hands and thinking of how much she wanted to heal Farrah's rough hands. "Heal..." she whispers the magic took effect with a small magic circle binding both of their hands.

A small light glowed and it healed the small wounds but left the big ones half open. "Oh! I mean- pain, pain go away! Farrah needs to cook food for another day!"

"Pfft..."

...

The tone was similar to rain rain go away- goodness gracious that was embarrassing to sing.

"There you go. You can go ahead and open your eyes now." (Analissa) lets go of her hand to which Farrah sees it... it's different? It's a little healed but- it wasn't as bad as before.

"You're... a light magic user?" (Farrah) asked surprised because they're super duper rare! And to think she saved her-

"Maybe? Who knows but let's keep this a secret between us okay? This is thanks for saving me from those tiring suitors. You have really nice hands by the way." (Analissa) giggles, placing her index finger near her mouth with a shh before walking off to grab a broom.

"O... kay?" (Farrah) grips her hand a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. It's probably best if she doesn't make a big deal out of it so she doesn't. She seems like a unique person on her own...

Farrah couldn't wait to see more of her the next time she works here.

With our heroine securing a job- the next mission she'll need is training her magic and getting close to our villainess in some way!

 

.-.-.-.-.

Thank you all to the people who watched my stream! It was fun drawing Farrah with you and licking her abs from time to time! Here is the finished product! If you want to see more please do visit my twitch! 

Link is on my bio!

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5f7137494c5131726f69446238773d3d2d313232383235383637312e313730336437353465623337356230383630373532373230373639362e706e67

Another bonus art but full colored is on patreon! 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f324e3550765458336e78713239773d3d2d313232383235383637312e3137303364373639366132356662303333373238383338343432312e706e67

Thank you for:
Platymage

Your support has always been grateful and my mom says thank you!

80