Breakfast and becoming myself
664 19 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

------------

I am currently sitting in my bedroom after taking a bath and getting dressed by my miad Rose.

I believe she didn't find anything suspicious about me.....

hah....I was so scared for a moment.

"Prince, the breakfast would be ready soon so I hope you come on time as I would not like the third prince to be late to breakfast."

"Alright I will.....".

This again.....I am really pissed about her attitude, don't serve me if you don't want, it's not like I forced you to seve in first place .

All I can do is think of this.

"Then I will take my leave and don't call me if you don't have something important"

"....."

Rose left the room with her haughty steps and closed the door .

Forget about her, I will deal with her later.

Now i should start focusing on improving my strength if I want to survive from my mom and sister and bit only them, this novel has many dangers where weakling like current me has no chance of survival.

There will be a war coming in future for throne of Vampire Race among my siblings and this war will be very disastrous and bloodshed is inevitable.

I must become strong enough to survive till then as most of my siblings will be killed by that wolf in sheep skin.

But I won't be able to train in the castle where I am basically confined as my mother would not allow me to train knowing the danger i could cause with the essence she used to create me .

And there is that sister of mine who always wants me to be weak .

I have to somehow escape from here first and escaping just from castle won't do as long as I am in any Vampire territory, I am bound to be captured by mom sooner or later.

So i must leave to territory of another race.

The current Vampire Race is rivaled by a few races and the one I am planning to head to is either the human territory or demon territory.

These two territories are currently my best option.

I could head to elven territory also buy I decided against it due to certain reasons.

As for beastmen territory is also not possible due to it's large distance from here .

I am tempted to go to demon territory as Vampires are common in demon territory.

But there is are many risks there, I could be killed easily there due to the law and order of that chaotic place so for the current me , most suitable option is human territory and I was human in past life too so I don't think I would have any problems mixing in between them .

Second, I have to do something about this restriction place on me and for that I have to get my hands on the Elixir of Freedom.

This Elixir is something that was made by the Alchemist Bernard Zane who was also the founder of the Alchemist Association.

It was the greatest achievement of his lifetime which he took to his grave without anyone knowing.

The Elixir is currently in the tomb of Bernard, 

The Elixir has marvelous effect as whoever drink it will get freedom from shackles of mortality and will achieve the state of semi immortality with mind, body and soul.

But sadly it will be wasted on me,

Why?

First, I am Vampire and a Royal One at that so I don't need semi immortality if I already have immortality,

Second, all the effects of the Elixir will be used to overcome the restriction on me 

Yes, this Elixir is that important and marvellous!

So I don't really need immortal soul and mind if I can achieve it later once my true race is awakened .

An Enigma Being does not need such things.

They are born strong.

This Elixir was discovered by one of the main character in an event.

So i know where's the tomb.

I have a plan in mind and if it is successful I can escape from here.

Oh it's time for breakfast, I should get going.

Let's see what will happen there 

.

.

.

After exiting my room I am walking in a very huge, spacious and luxurious hallway which leads to dining room, the floor is made up of black stones which are very rare minerals.

I see my maid standing at the entrance to the dining room.

"It's good that you are on time Prince"

She says in neither respectful nor disrespectful tone nonchalantly .

I ignore her and enter the room, she seemed a bit surprised by my ignorance but still follows me inside.

Currently, there is only Layla sitting there on table with rest empty as they will be arriving shortly.

Layla has long silver hair and purple gem like eyes, she has a beautiful mature face with a good body frame like a model, she glanced at me and ignored my presence.

She is nearly 200 and will soon become an adult Vampire meaning she is nearly 15 years old.

She did bully me in childhood due to me being weak but soon got bored and started totally ignoring my existence like the example of now as how she didn't even greet me which is a clear sign of disrespect in Vampire Race.

Well I don't care much too as it is good, I remain as invisible as possible untill I escape.

After some time came Ernest and Iris, they greeted each other obviously ignoring me as always.

Then soon a voice was heard behind me and two slender arms strangled my chest with a little force but not enough to hurt me carefully due to my weak and fragile body .

"Gen, it's been a long time since I saw you, what were you doing in your room huh huh ??"

It was Lily with her usual obsessive behaviour.

I could feel her hands roaming around my chest area and abdomen feeling my skin through my clothes.

Utterly disgusting and uncomfortable.

It's first time for me that someone is touching me without my permission.

But I can't say that since the old Genesis was used to her behaviour.

"You literally saw me last night while dinner Lily"

I say with a sigh.

"Hmm.....but I insist that you move to my room already!"

"My answer is still No"

Yeah since few months she has been insisting that I shift to her room and her excuse was that she can protect me more better if I remain near her and also to increase the bonding time between us.

"Ughh.....why are you so stubborn! I should have used for e since beginning on you.... "

She says the last sentence inaudibly that I wasn't able to hear but from the face of weirdness and frown Ernest is making I can assume it was something I should not hear.

She gives a squeeze to me and then sits on the chair beside me.

Behind us are our servants which are standing, this is some custom of family of royals maybe.

Behind Lily is standing her maid which is from same house as that of Rose and is her aunt's daughter.

She has a little bit features as Rose but with slightly less beauty and grey eyes.

But that does not matter as she is highly trained soldier that just follows order of my sister Lily.

She was trained to be Maid warrior for Royals since birth and Lily likes that so she is basically right hand of Lily.

She has vicious blood techniques in her arsenal and is ready to attack anyone on Lily's order.

An emotionless soldier ready for sacrifice.

She does not care if it is good or bad and only believe that whatever Princess says must be done.

Layla has a butler which is nearly 190cm tall (approx 6 ft)

He is tall, handsome with black eyes and black hair and toned muscles under sleeves.

He is from a strong viscount clan and is good at stealth techniques.

Iris, well she looks like Layla but more mature with silver hair and pink eyes.

She is 320 years old that is nearly 18 years old.

She has a Maid following her and from the expression of the maid it can be said she looks tired well believing my so called big sister's personality she never had one servant for long time which wi later bite her.

As for Ernest , he has silver-grey hair with thick eyebrows and thin white face with small nose and red lips with Dark purple eyes, he is very handsome too.

His maid is of Rosenberg clan and is extremely talented swordswoman and has deadly fencing techniques in her arsenal.

She has light green hair and blue eyes and she has unmatured body with flexible body frame. 

And last is Lars !

He has been observing us since he came and his eyes shows caution and intellect .

He will be only second to me in his handsomenes.

Unlike me with short hair, he has long silver hair with a red hue and dark blue eyes, small nose, thin lips and a neutral expression.

He has a thin and lean body frame with flattened and toned muscles which makes him look more attractive.

Behind him is his butler with extremely ordinary features as he is a commoner whom he raised as he never trusted any noble.

His butler strength is not known since he was raised personally by Lars since young but he is strong and I know.

Soon the silence was replaced with the sound of heels from the corridor and as soon as we heard that, all of us got up and greeted together 

""""""Good Morning Mother!""""""

"A very good morning to you all too my love"

She said to us and then sit at the head position of table and soon, the food was served on table by servants.

Lily put food on my plate on her own without asking me but since she knew what I liked and disliked, she only out the food to my liking .

I ate in silence, as Lars spoke 

"Oh Layla, I heard you were having some problems at negotiations recently with the beast kin, do you need any help ?"

"No, dear brother, there's no need for your interference as it is just a small matter and some time is needed to control animals anyways"

She replied with a polite tone with a hidden smirk 

Lars did not seem to mind it and continued asking her about various things and Layla was answering them as equally and asking her own things.

Iris seemed to talk to Ernest about some matters of common interest and Lily with her usual behaviour was clinging to me.

Mother seemed to observe us all and we met eyes once too which I diverted hurriedly.

'shit'

I ate my food fast and was about to leave when mother called my name 

"Gen, dear"

As soon as she spoke, everyone went silent and all of them focused on me with their intimidating glare with little of their aura 

I was feeling extremely pressured standing.

Lily seeing this was enraged and was about to take action but suddenly an even more intimidating aura was released stronger than all of the auras combines by a lot.

Lilly seeing this was helpless and knew she could not defy mother so she only pouted at mother at which mother made and amused and little apologetic face to her.

I was soon forced on my knees and was about to vomit blood but lilith waved her hand and suddenly everyone took their aura back.

"Dear Gen, I hope you remember that without my permission no one is allowed to leave or you forgot ?"

Lilith asked with a sharp tone 

'I was so stressed that I forgot this minor detail of custom, she is really mad woman'

I saw the haughty and smirking faces of my siblings looking down on me.

.

.

.

.

.

I have never been looked down upon in my entire past life, people only looked up to me.

They looked down on me.....even mother .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ha

hahahaha HahaAhaha 

I feel scared 

I feel fear!

I feel disgusted

huh 

I feel disgusted not at them but myself,

a part of me feels this emotion 

Wait.....

I am forgetting something....

No.

.....

I remember......

'Right, i forgot who I was , I was someone who never cared about others opinion of me so why the hell should I now !?' hahahaha

' I did whatever it took to achieve success so why am I hesitating now !'

'Why am I feeling fear which I never felt and was disgusted by this emotion!'

'Why!? 

haha I now know why, the personality of Genesis Althan is affecting me!

His personality wants to overwrite mine!?

Hahahaha, DREAM ON!!

I will never leave this place now'!

Suddenly voices were heard in my head 

'I am Genesis Althan

No! I am Alex 

No...Genesis.....

Alex

Genesis

ALEX

GENESIS

I AM ALEX!! '.

With that last will of mine, I felt as if sometimes inside me finally felt free, it's a feeling of refreshment , I feel like I want to stretch!

It's same as previous life of mine 

Freedom, courage , determination, strength.

I can finally feel myself as myself and not as that coward Genesis Althan!'

' I can feel my body now fully like never before and the strength of a Vampire '

'I always wanted something exciting and now finally I am getting the excitement I wanted! Now i can truly enjoy my life HAHAHAH! Nice, now let's deal with them in my style. Why the hell should I hesitate now, I will fight with all my knowledge and strength against my death paths hahahaha '

While these changes happened to Genesis, only a second has passed outside.

"I deeply apologize for my crude behaviour Your Highness, I have not been well these days, as I think Rose is neglecting her duties of a maid , but worry not I shall be as good as before with a little rest , I shall sit now Your Highness and I will not leave without your permission now".

I blamed everything in Rose 

Hearing my voice, everybody had a reaction of surprise not expecting me to actually reply.

Even mother was surprised by my attitude completely different from my usual antics but she looked in my eyes with her own and I could feel as if an apex predator was watching me but 

 instead of fear, what I was feeling was sheer determination and excitement to reach at her level and even above her in future.

She looked a bit taken aback after looking at me but still nodded .

"No need you are allowed to go and rest and Rose, I can see what you have been doing, I am sure you know the punishment of defying royal blood "

Rose was extremely shocked at how could I have said this in front of everyone, she clearly didn't expect the coward me to be this daring.

"Y-Your M-majesty I-I......"

"Silence"

She said in a dangerous tone, I know she values royal Family the most and I touched her nerve by bringing up this topic up 

"You will be crippled and healed 100 times from core as your punishment for defying and disrespecting royal blood and I hope you understand this is a very light punishment since you should be executed but since Gen will not like you to be given eternal rest, I am giving you this punishment"

"Yes, Your Highness, I will accept my punishment and repent it for not taking care of Prince properly"

As expected from mom, she didn't kill her but used my name instead to let her off.

Afterall she is my observer so it will only add to her work if she has to find a new observer with absolute loyalty.

And even now Rose has not apologized to me and left to recieve punishment

But her punishment us tough enough to make her know that she should not mess with me in future.

Well who cares about her.

Now let's decide how to escape from here 

haha 

{Author's Note: This last part has become a bit cliche but I will try not to repeat it lol.....Well.....and also tell me one more thing......do you like brave MC?

Also it is more than 2.5k words in this chapter almost like 2 chapters...}

.

.

24