Racial Traits and Studying Alchemy
672 27 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They.....

.

.

Just have to hunt and live!

One of the most advantageous and outrageous trait of this race is that they just need to hunt and devour their prey, they will grow and become strong by gaining the traits of their prey and it's life, though it is more complex process.....

Well then they couldn't have become one of the strongest races if they just needed to hunt and prey as there might be other races that might have similar traits, after all there were some humans who developed such physique even though they were just trash compared to real deal but still they were one of the top in their race, so it just shows that there might be some others who may have something similar even though weaker.

And Enigma beings are unique, the things they posses are not common so having the first trait was just one of the many cards among their arsenal.

But,

The seond trait is the main trait for an enigma being that distinguish them from anyone else, this was not mentioned in the novel and not even a hint was mentioned about it, I came to know about it when I got information about my race after breaking from that restriction.

The second outrageous thing is that they don't really have any need to meditate or concentrate to gather energy.

Every being in existence who wish to become strong must absorb the energy present in cosmos.

This is something that is required to start gaining strength for every individual.

Those who have ability to absorb this energy will become strong and those who don't will remain weak unless they resort to other methods.

Some are born with this ability while some are not.

And to absorb energy, every being has to concentrate on this process, without concentrating it is impossible for any species to draw the energy to themselves, though they can enter semi concious state to constantly draw in energy but it will have little to no effect as energy absorbed will be miniscule.

As for Enigma Being,

Their bodies are like Black Holes that constantly attracts and absorbs energy to itself, though they have very complex structure....

Most species either takes processed energy or they process it themselves,

Example can be humans of here that absorb the already refined energy which was refined after billions of years.

This energy came from celestial bodies like stars, asteroids, other planetary cores, Astral bodies, Galaxies and the origin dust.

These celestial bodies while their birth released explosive amounts of energy which spread throughout in all directions and the whole time reaching this planet it was constantly being refined by forces of nature like gravity, matter and some foreign bodies.

After billions of years was this energy suitable for humans here in this planet to use and absorb.

Humans used this energy to mainpulate their surrounding nature to some extent and slowly they developed this to now known as Magic and Aura(Ki).

Aura was just one of the slight mutation of this energy.

The energy in the vast verse is never ending as celestial bodies die and new are born every millisecond......

Enigma being's physique or body absorbs the raw energy directly from the celestial bodies without refining or just devour the whole celestial body.

It does not matter whether the energy is raw or refined, they just absorb it.

In their adulthood they start taking another thing......well I am not sure what it is but will know soon enough, but I can guarantee it is so something unexpected and outrageous.

But then why do Enigma beings take long to become strong, why not just an infant of their species could not become strong as soon as they are born.

Well it's because though they may absorb energy like crazy every second but their bodies acts as vast and deep containers of energy that just can't seem to be full no matter how much energy you absorb, and to advance to next stage in their race they must fill this container, after which you will have to again fill it, and that's how you slowly become an adult Enigma being slowly after some stages.

They have capacity far exceeding anyone existing.

So even a toddler who has filled some percentage of his vessel will be strongest among many races due to the dense energy present in them and their first ability.

------------

After some time, I started reading the Ancient Alchemy Books and Research notes of Bernard and some other famous Alchemists which were recorded in books collected here.

So interesting!

As I was reading, I become engrossed slowly due to so many knowledgeable things.

I came to know about various types of herbs and mineral ores which have various uses in Alchemy.

There was knowlege here which even the modern generation of my old planet didn't know about and it could have brought a breakthrough in the medical field and science field.

I watched some documentaries while in my old life when I was finding new hobbies so I knew some stuff about medicine beforehand.

I was excited to try the experiments in the book practically,

But before that I must memorise each and every thing written in these books with as much understanding as possible.

I am not sure that I will be able to fully understand everything since I am currently just beginning in this field but I will try my best.

---------

I don't know how much time has passed but I am sure some months must have passed....

I have finally memorized each and every thing written on most of the books with either complete or partial understanding.

My modern knowledge from old life has helped me a lot in understanding various concepts.

I don't have eidetic memory so it's expected that I took so much time.

I was genius in my previous life but it didn't mean that I had eidetic memory.

I was able to understand things more fast than others.

But gaining eidetic memory in this world will be child's play because of Magic and different races.

So I have full confidence that I will gain it sooner or later if I continue advancing.

Now that I have all the theoretical knowledge with me, I could finally start practicing with actual materials.

But honesty I am surprised by my patience.

Months have passed but I don't even feel an itch to go outside.

Maybe spending hundreds of years as Vampire has developed my mind to quote an extent and increased my patience so maybe that's why I don't feel much about few months.

Now let's begin, 

I will try making a basic healing potion first.....

.

-----------

.

Few more months later

Now nearly more than a year has passed but I still feel like as if a day has passed.

Oh man I should leave soon otherwise I might get homesick.

Well not like it will happen.

In this year, I have failed a lot but thanks to the abundant materials available, I was able to try again.

And now I can say with confidence that I am at least a stage greater than beginner Alchemist, I hope so......since I don't know what standards are there in Alchemy nowadays but from my estimates it should have been improved.

Most of the basic potions like mana potion, aura potion, healing potion, strengthening potion, poison etc., are now easy for me to make without trouble.

One more thing in this past year was that I could feel myself getting stronger day by day without doing anything.

Yeah I didn't do anything other than practicing Alchemy daily.

It is due to my race that I have grown stronger.

According to my estimate, i can now easily rival a Knight Vampire in strength, Speed and vitality, perception or maybe even overpower him/her, 

Knights are those vampires that are stronger than commoners but a rank less than a Baron/Baroness.

I may lose if they use proper combat arts but otherwise I am confident in my ability to defeat them.

Haah...how nice to be an enigma Being.

Just rest and become strong, well not my style but still I lile it.

Now it's time for me to head outside to human territory, although I don't expect mother to have become lax but the pursuers she sent after me must have already gone to other territories.

Hmm.....I specifically chose this time since I knew mother herself could not come to catch me due to the rising tension at the elven borders.

Otherwise if mother herself would have come I would be in that cage like Castle for rest of my life.

My gaze wandered the tomb which was once filled with abundant resources but was now completely clean of any resource.

Why?

Because, most of the things were in my storage bracelet at my wrist.

There were also some storage pouches here but they were small compared to the Royal Clan's storage bracelet.

There were some gold coins that will help me in human territory though I already had but more are still welcome.

Some extremely rare or now extinct materials were also with me but i don't plan to sell them as they are too precious to be sold, they will come in great use to me in future.

I will leave the coffin here only to my respect for the great Alchemist.

Though I have already checked thoroughly if it contained any treasure inside, well can't waste resources right?

I also can't just keep ignoring training just because of my racial Traits , I will devote time to learn combat arts.

In a fight, the one with martial skills will be able to use their aura more efficiently without any wastage and their attacks will be more refined and strong than someone who don't have any skills.

That's why mages also learn combat arts but only a few since training magic power consumes most of their time.

Well then let's go to human territory to get..........

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hi Readers!

Hope you all are well and happy!

23