Author box (2): sorry for being early (Skippable chapter)
364 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey readers of my story, sorry I'm writing an early author box, but I need to do it. Some stuff has been going on in the background of my life and has required my attention, as such, though yes you likely already knew that I may just stop writing for a bit, I decided to present some of my ideas swirling around and hear out you guys; As it seems rude, to me at least, not to provide something for you guys sticking to this. As always thanks to Bnnuy for editing the main chapters!
- Esper

Character stuff.

  • First up, how strong should I make the curses throughout the story? Though I do believe they should have some effect it isn't right, in a story at least, for them to be the greatest thing in the world. It may just be my thoughts on this, but I want character progression, and as such I think the powers should show that Sam isn't the best just because they do have some help from being the focal point. What are your guys' thoughts on it, and how should I go about it?
  • Second up, how powerful should the people get? This is certainly a issue I have been having, since people will be using magic and as such powerful things can start happening, but I need a end state. My reasoning are as follows: 
    1. It's supposed to be on the characters, not fights, powers, or magic. Those are simply there to assist in the story.
    2. I want the characters to use their heads, not just brute force it. Simple enough reason, I hope.
    3. I need to know where and how to make the characters struggle, and what with.

World stuff.

  • First, monsters and how should I apply them? Yes, monsters were always planned, and yes they are meant to be a threat, however they are meant to facilitate more close relations and there for were meant for a more dangerous role. Now then, with that out of the way how should I go about them? Do you guys want fights with monsters, or do you want more stuff such as, "local mall is attacked by monsters, Sam and X are stuck during it and need to either save people or fight it long enough for people trained for this to come in.", I really want your guys' opinion on this as you guys are the ones reading and I want the story to be enjoyable to you.
  • Second, how should the gods factor into the world? Similar to the curse I was thinking about how the gods would react to this world, as it is more a prison than an actual world; would you guys enjoy if they watched from afar, simply enjoying the show, or would you guys like more active roles and more active gods, such as a bartender speaking to Sam but they never were there before, and so on. I would love to see your guys' ideas on how you would like the gods to interact with the world, and how they may or may not appear in it.
  • Third, magic and it's limits. 'A tall mage waves his hand, a glyph glows and grows as he creates a sigil, after a few moments the mountain before him melts into a puddle, as he nods he walks across the massive chasm made by his swift hand.' - This is a example of dumb magic, basically it would be if even a bit of magic and such could just do about anything if you knew the right sigil, I would not go for this personally as it gives no stakes, but I'm showing this as a point. I need limits, and though I have some written up, I want your opinions on how far we can go with it, would you guys even want something like that? Anyway, yeah this is just asking how you far you want the reality warping power of magic to be, I would go for limited if left in a vacuum as I know I could write pretty crazy stuff if I didn't.

Pole time! 
So, how soon do you guys want to meet our lovely fated girl? And adding to it, would you guys want to see a harem or no? I have no opinion on the matter of a harem, writing more characters is always fun, though may be troublesome.

Read the above
  • Soon; next chapter Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Soon-ish; one chapter before Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Late is fine; two chapters before Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Later; three chapters before Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later-ish; four chapters before Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harem; Yes Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Harem; No Votes: 12 36.4%
Total voters: 33
7