Chapter 2 Is This A Secret Agency Or What?
188 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1

—CLICK-CLACK. CLICK-CLACK—

"What a bother. Why'd they have to wake me up when the sun hasn't rising yet."

A sweet voice spoke as the sounds of a pair heels clicking on tiles echoed through an empty corridor.

The curvy backside of a feminine figure in black lady's suit that reached her knees—exposing her white enticing calves—walked down the empty corridor, her long dark hair gently swaying as she moved. A black tablet in her hand.

About ten minutes after Rinji's incident:

A group of people dress suits, some in robes with masks over their noses and gloves were gathered at the scene where it occurred. A couple of them with some gears and machines in hand were thoroughly investigating the place to find exactly what had happened there for a few hours now.

"Hurry up people I don't have all day!"

Said in a course voice a muscular man, blond, chiseled chin, a hard yet easy going face with accompanied his body, dressed in all white and a white trench coat hanging over his shoulders who just stepped in the middle of the squad busily working.

"Daylight would soon be upon us. You know the drill I don't want to see so much as a stain. I want here flawless as it was."

He added walking towards the alley's mouth.

A ways in, to were the body was two wearing surgical gloves were crouched down staring at the poor state of the body that was placed in the body.

"What do you think?"

Asked the one who was at the foot of the bag.

"It's was just one of the low level creatures, right? So how could he have lost? He wasn't one of the best but he was good enough to have handled it on his own."

"Yeah, but if he was caught by surprise, anyone as a matter of fact, no matter how strong they are… That's all we can say."

"You should always keep you guard up, ready for anything!… But with the current emergence of monsters mobilizing groups to go after them will be problematic."

The man said so as he close the zipper of the black body bag.

"How so?"

"There's not much people around… Come on let's get it into the truck…"

He said grabbing one end of the bag. The other one grabbed the other and they lifted the slightly weightless bag of the ground.

"Just think about it. They wouldn't be able to deploy groups anymore, rather individuals to go after them. Splitting the forces instead of clustering them up to battle their rising numbers. If they did leave them in groups, before they could complete even one mission, you can imagine the damages that would happened elsewhere."

He continued as they carried it away.

"You're right I guess. Even so, it's still not enough…!"

"You saying it as if you have the strength and skills to fight them. There's simply not enough numbers on our part. And if this continues I can only imagine outcome." He said solemnly.

As they left another group with other equipments came in to clean the mess.

They passed by muscular man leaning to the wall just out the mouth of the alley. He reached for the box of cigarettes in his coat and popped a stick into his mouth, returning the box into the coat before lighting the cigar up.

"Report."

He spoke into his earpiece.

[Just like you said, sir, we found something.]

A man in suit grabs the single strap bag off the floor as his partner behind phones their discovery in.

[Huh?]

Said the muscular man over the earpiece.

[Looks like they came here too… Not only that we have reason to believe whoever it was, has just awoken…]

Another report came in from a different group.

Earlier when they arrived and begun their checks, they found blood drops just at the alley's only exit and with a quick test they found it wasn't a match to that of the body, but it didn't give them who exactly it was as they only tested if it was for the deceased.

Not knowing exactly where to search he had them expand the search are and had a few divvy up in pairs to spread out and check around for anything.

So they did. But after a while of nothing turning when they were about to turn around ending the search one squad called in when they saw a trash can had toppled over and there was the bag on the ground a little away from the bin.

Another two; a woman in robe and a man in suit walked down the street.

"I got to ask. What is it with the robe? I mean can't you guys dress casually or like any other thing besides that?"

Asked the man in suit.

"I'd like to say it's a preference but it's not. It's more like prestige or something along that lines but I don't give a crap about that."

"It's been enchanted. I know that"

"From a experience casting on separate cloths is kinda a hustle so a robe makes it easier. It makes movement easier as well and somehow still breezy." She said pinching the collar that rested on her well endowed chest showing little cleavage.

"Then why not wear a kimono? You could still apply the spell over it and it's more fashionable? You guys look more like cosplayers in that thing." He eyes twitched, looking away,cheeks slight red, as he commented.

"You can say that but these are made with specially made fabric to withstand enchantments, normal cloths have a limit to how much they can take and you know platoon rules." She sad retorted. "And stop trying to portray your preferences on to everyone." She added, exasperatedly.

"I see. Guess that makes sense. I just thought you guys were those kind of people."

"But it doesn't mean I'm not wearing anything under."

The woman answered jovially giving him a look.

"What, I wasn't thinking of anything of that sort!!"

He was caught of guard by her statement. The woman laughed at the flustered man before stopping in front of an alley with a serious look.

"This way."

"Nothing's there. Just a dead end."

"Yea but there's a faint reading of energy coming from there."

She said as she moved into the alley. The man just followed casually with a hand in his pocket and the other ready to use the touch in hand.

"Can you see?"

"Yes clearly. I came prepared."

She came to a halt at the end of the place, the man a couple of steps behind her after following a silhouette in. She took to a knee examining the place.

"… Yes, whoever it was definitely came here. Something must have happened."

"There's only stains here so it's safe to say they may be alive. So what happened to the creature?" The man turned on the touch pointing it to the ground.

"Yes… I'm not sure. From the looks the person just got his ability awakened."

And with that the man took his hand over his ear and gave a report.

"…whoever it was, has just awoken. We found faint traces of energy out here."

[And the creature?]

The coarse voice of the muscular man came through the earpiece.

"Nothing… Huh?"

With a step he turned to he answered but suddenly looked down when he felt something soft underneath his shoe.

"You notice it…" Said the woman.

 "Um, SIr…"

The muscular man listened as the man spoke over the earpiece.

"Well I'll be. Lucky bastard. Send word to the bras. Find them"

Said the man in white with a smirky grin…

"With there being less and less of the awakened to stand against the threats they are being bold. So how do you propose handle this?"

"There may be less but from those under our care they are still more than we could have gathered in the decades before."

"Even with the new awakened. The quality has plummeted. They aren't as strong as they came in the past."

In a dimly lit room only voices could be heard.

"There are a few which will suffice but with the clouds of war brewing, they will be insufficient."

"I agree. Pushing the bounds of their training is all we can do and hope for the best."

"Doing that will have a negative effect on them. Not all of them are able to keep up with the already tedious regiments."

"If we don't push them further we will fail. That is the only option! Toughen them up. The stronger ones will survive and that's all we are looking for."

"Then I suggest we increase the merits be raise, to rile them up. As far as there is a greater incentive they will respond no matter how strenuous the training gets."

"…"

"..."

"...…"

"Very well… We have other matters to discuss before hand. Though it's still on this very affair."

"Any news on Mishima Hide's progress with the creature."

"We lost contact with him a few hours ago. It was bad. He didn't make it. The report on recovery should arrive momentarily."

Said the young man sitted behind the helm of the conference table.

He looked up when he heard the door swing open.

"What have you got for me.?"

He asked.

"We have recovered the body and made any evidence of their presence there non existent."

The familiar sweet voice answered stopping a few steps away from the door looking down at the tablet in her hand.

"Is that all?"

"No sir. We have reason to believe there was an awakened at the scene. What they found let to them believing they took down the creature."

"A new awakened?"

The other voices begun to sound off.

 

 

3