Chapter 2 Is This A Secret Agency Or What? Cont. 8
136 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"…but even you should have pieced it by now."

She added so bluntly.

Called it… but the implications are huge. That… that means monsters exists! Even in this world? I thought they where nothing but fictitious stories and myths spun to scare children and adults alike… But they are real… That means there is truth to some of the stories out there. I don't know what to feel right now. Awe or terrified?

On one hand the fact I almost died because of one and on the other hand the fact of their existence, if know to the public, would lead to panic. But people wouldn't call all those with experience in meeting them first hand crazies.And on a further view, the possibilities of a world beyond ours.

Come to think of it, why should it be such a surprise? I'm taking this surprisingly calm. Am I calm? I'm not that sure. This really isn't such a big drop especially after seeing one and almost becoming its food. I feel totally calm… I think I'm calm…

I finally look at Vi-san and the expression on her face, it's unchanged.

"You're taking it well?"

"… Well yea it's a giving. I did see one after all so I'm keeping that my emotions in check."

That's true but in my case I was almost food. That's proof enough to clear away any doubts about their existence. But should someone hear it from my mouth I'd be ridiculed, call a crazy and thrown in the madhouse… But I feel there's something else, like some external(?), internal(?) influence. I was absolutely terrified this morning but once I stepped out I felt that fear dissipate.

"People still turn to be skeptical, even if they'd seen one up close."

"Though, I am still terrified… but I am glad."

Yes, I truly am. And thanks that's also helping suppress the shock.

"Why is that?"

That's because…

"Because I thought everyone was going to call me crazy. Believing I saw something that isn't supposed to exist. Think about seeing something like that is phenomenal. So many possibilities to think of."

It's scary, yet amazing.

"It's also one way to look at it. People find it hard to believe that even demons and spirits exists. They shut out the facts even if there are irrefutable evidences. There are monster, creature beyond you wildest imagination living in this world and it's out job to stop them from wreaking havoc on us. Likewise to those demons and spirits. They live among us, behave like us, even some as far as having families, but would know their true intentions…"

I hear a whirl behind me a just immediately a voice, from the man in the front with the driver.

"We're should be arriving soon. Shimura-sama."

Oh my God… Then why is the public in the dark? Why do they not know what is happening? Why is it being kept a secret…?

"Then… Then why not bring the public into this!? Isn't it better for them to know about their existence."

"Even you should know that's a bad idea. They are not human they are monster. Who seek destruction."

She said.

Oh right, panic. The public would definitely be in a frenzy. And with the knowledge of supernatural being living among us there would be increase in extreme paranoia, it may as well destroy society as a whole.

"If not for that, how certain are you they'd believe? The human mind tends to block out facts. There will be skeptics no matter how much of proof you give."

She's right. And now that we are in this modern world, images and other things can be synthesized. And with that in mind people will have a hard time accepting the existence of otherworldly beings… "Sigh"

"Now, it's my turn. Tell me, what exactly happened to you yesterday?"

"… Well, I'm not entirely sure. I'm still having doubts if it was a dream or not…"

So I brought myself to relive the whole process again, trying as much to leave out the part where I felt pathetic… All the way to how I ended home…

"Anything else?"

"Hm?"

Anything? Else? Is there supposed to be more? Something I don't know?

"No, that's all that happened…"

"… I see."

That's all she said and the car drove in silence the remainder of the way, though somehow she seemed to have been pondering on something.

...

So we're almost wherever we are supposed to be… Looking outside we alone on the road. We left town a quite a while back and we've been on this lonely road (with no trees).

I have to be on guard… What can I do though? They may be the so call protectors and whatever but still that does not exempt them from my suspicion. Sometimes it's good to be a bit paranoid. It keeps you on your toes.

I doubt I could run. Who knows how many are going to be there? I'm nothing but a pathetic weakling. Who knows to where; they are probably sending me somewhere secluded where they can do me in without anyone finding my body.

"Almost where?"

She doesn't reply.

I'm a bit confused here. It's been on my mind a few minutes now. In the movies when sending someone to a secret agency I thought they have to blindfold them or something to keep them from knowing the location or as a safe measure from revealing their existence. So why am I not been threated like that?

"You seem a bit flustered."

Guess, I'm that easy to read, huh.

"Well, you guys are basically a secret agency, am I right…?

"In more ways than one, yes."

"… So is it right for me to see wherever it is we are going?"

"It doesn't matter, no one would believe you anyway of our existence and when push comes to shove, we do have counter measures… but there is a reason why we aren't doing so, which you will soon find out."

I know they are all about mystery but this is too much for me to handle. I want to know the truth without dying, if you please.

"It should be coming up now."

What's is? You're telling me we're almost where we need to be?

I lost track of time whiles in my thought and I pretty much zoned out so I can't tell where we are.

"See what?"

I look past her, out the window behind her and…

"It's huge"

I whisper to myself.

What was sitting over in the distance was a very huge western style mansion… Getting bigger as we got closer.

The car drives through the main gate which has two guards into the yard—which was large—and after a minute of driving we curve by the fountain which stood in front of the mansion stopping in front the mansion.

I step out of the car still in awe about it's sheer size—but I guess I'm holding up real well not to show it—Shimura-san in suit. The place reminds me of a movie which housed special kids. I looked around and there are some other smaller building around, facilities, if I'm correct.

"Follow me."

She takes the lead up the stairs and I follow. She opens the door and as I enter I look back at the car. The two who were with us step out of the car holding on to their doors…

The place looks even bigger from the inside. Inside is beautiful and clean. It doesn't have many decorations to call it elegant but just enough to make it pleasant to the eyes. The coloring though is a bit on the dark side. It looks like an institution.

"What is this place?"

I asked. It's obvious what this place is, with the few nuns walking around, outside. A convent. And doubles as an institution too, with the others in blue nurse uniforms and a couple in white lab coats. But it looks like there's more to this place. I can't exactly place my finger on it.

"It's a convent"

Shimura-san replied as we climb up the right stairs—of the two which was in the lobby— to the floor above.

Nailed it! But what else, come on? There's definitely something about this place.

I'm pretty sure she saw the curious look in my eyes, who wouldn't be. A secret agency brings you to a place like this, you've got to be curious if they have the place made like some James Bond HQ.

"To the outside world it just a convent and a rehab center, for kids who are like you."

She continued with her same expressionless face.

Like me? My feet suddenly decides not to move. Don't tell me they only brought me here to lock me up…? I break into a cold sweat… I did expect a few things to happen—and she stops a couple of steps after I did. At least it's better than death. What am I thinking? Think about it. They can't place you in here, you didn't come of as insane. You didn't even tell anyone about what you saw so they have no reason to put you in here. But she did see it… And I did tell her. She could have played me into coming here for all I know.

"Don't look so tense. You have no business in here. We have no reason to harm you either. You've been quite weary of us since we met."

She could tell? Can she read minds? Who wouldn't feel like I do now? You meet someone from some god-knows-what organisation, who knows a lot about you and asks you to come with them. I did leave on my own will but with what they know about me, who knew what they'd have done if didn't come along.

"Who wouldn't? If you're not bringing me here then where—"

Before I could even ask she interjects.

"Just come along."

1