Chapter 2 Is This A Secret Agency Or What? Cont. 16
60 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A/N: Feeling down of late need encouragement.] 

"I Um…"

Before I could even get the words together, just like the usual she must have also found me shallow to read and speaks, even though she still has her sadistic smile on her face:

"Come along Inyx we have to get ready. I'm pretty sure he also needs to get ready and we wouldn't want to be here when he does so."

Does she know something about myself I don't? Huh!! I hope she didn't… No no no. I don't think she'd go that far. Or maybe… No no no. I don't think so either.

With a nod Inyx drops off the bed and meets Yasagawa-san, who was already at the door, holding it open. Comparing them in height, Inyx is shorter.

"We'll catch you later, Rinji-Kun… And yes that's a nice shampoo you got there. I'd like t borrow it sometime again."

I knew she smelled familiar. That was my special shampoo. Oh whatever. It smells better on them anyway. Inyx gives a quick bow and walks out the room.

CLICK— the door closes.

That was… um… a um… nice short visit. I'll have to make sure nothing like that happens again. I don't want to get in trouble.

What are you talking about Rinji? You didn't force them to do anything, they came on their own accord.

But even if they did, if anyone sees us they'd misunderstand and I don't want to get kicked out when I haven't done anything.

Good point but what's better getting some skinship or sweating like a mule. Be a man!.

…Yea, sorry.

That logistic sucks. I'll have to ask Vi-san who exactly they were. Anyways time to get dressed and head out.

Crap I forget to set the alarm before going to bed. If not for the girls I would have probably slept in and ended up late. Remind me not to never forget that again.

Into the bathroom I went. Brushed my teeth a couple of times. Someone might think I'm heading out on a date and hoping the night will end with a smooch but no, I just don't want to have any flaw since it's the first day. Took a bath. Not that I had much to do to my hair but I just tidied it up a bit and… Wait! Is there something like a uniform I should wear? Damn I have no clue as to how things run here. Well, the day I first came here and yesterday I saw some of them I something like uniforms and others in casual attires… Then guess I'll just wear my normal cloths. I'll were one just like I did on the day I met Vi-san.

I check my phone to see if I had any messages… and lucky enough I get one—an email—from Orino which only read: 'Rin, you idiot.' I guess she's still mad at me. It's my fault she's like that. I scroll down and find an attachment. It's yesterday's homework. I guess with all the rush she forgot to give it to me.

...…

Done!! I took a few minutes to go through and answer. Still difficult as ever. I doubt I'd get higher than average, even for a homework. After that I sent her an email with the answers as an attachment. Thanks for the already computer set and the free WiFi. It'll make everything everything easier. Now that I think about it… I don't think it's me been logical. It's feels like my mind is now clear, even if just so clear that I'd stop being myself ~wink~ but clear of enough to be a bit rational and to process things. But clearly it's not that much… Sigh.

With that done what now?

I don't want any bad impressions so I guess I'd leave my phone here. Besides I haven't been exactly told the rules about this place. I guess Vi-san would covered that when she shows me which platoon I'd be in.

That should be all here… I locked up the place and left, through the one door and into the corridor of the dorm building.

I walk across the campus(?), which took about Nine minutes to get to the main mansion. I have to because I definitely would not the get the hang of it instantly and besides I don't want to be late wandering door to door and end up lost.

There were others also wandering around and some also heading into the mansion.

Vi-san is looking as beautiful as ever. She has her hair tied in a ponytail and some freely down to her left cheek.

"Morning, Shimura-san."

She replies with a nod.

"Slept well?"

I like that she asked. I nearly put a smile on my face when she asked.

"Yes… Better than usual."

"Well then, follow me."

She turns walking and I follow. I look around and true the dress code isn't uniform… but by the looks of it each platoon has their own uniform, guess that's what tells them apart here. I guess I should ask her.

"This place isn't much like a normal institution. And from looks alone I can tell uniforms describe the platoon you entail but is that the norm?"

There are a few groups of people here and there having chats. People around are looking at me. I guess they've seen fresh meat so even taking their time to get to know my face.

"Not necessarily you are free to do whatever you please to here as long as you work hard at better getting a hold of your abilities… What you wear isn't what we care about."

So I can chose to wear what I want no matter what it is. Cool, I guess. But there are so many types of 'Uniforms' they have here.

"Team captains though like choose what they were to represent them. So it's what you want, you take to your captain."

She added. So captains decides the majority of the things that happens in the platoon.

What exactly is my team like? What kind of uniform do we have?

I hope it's not something like loin cloths, or something crazy. I'd freak out. But I wouldn't mind if—if there are girls there—the girls wear something like lingeries. I can already imagine. I wouldn't want to be placed in a Kimono either.

"How does things work around here?"

"There are a lot of friction between groups and so there is competition. Group also behave like factions."

That reminds me when she was explaining stuff to me, she said about there being factions within the institutions. As magician were now on board the fight for, they are part of the institution but there are also those who still fight against that course. And even those within the institution have also broken into factions due to the thoughts the share on the approach on doing things. As for institution itself (the ability holders) there are being group as the less talented, which is also those who are weak and the of course those who consider themselves stronger and more talented. So there is a lot of discrimination, bullying and belittling. So if they behave like factions they recruit as well? If that is so, even from other groups? That's going to end up in a group war.

Talk about a tough place to be… and well at least I know where I belong.

"Thanks to that the institution took the education approach… awarding points and others to help with level the field. I'd like to give you more information but I think that should go to your squad captain."

Yea I guess, I'd ask who ever it is. But level the playing field? I doubt that would do anything if the weaklings are bunched up together and the strong ones are also being recruited. They mob the floor with them. That's for sure.

"You should know this and I don't think I have to say but, if you should get stronger. They larger groups will be coming after you and that would mean trouble for you mates."

I'm truly average in everything but boy have I become logical. I want to go back to being average and have her explain everything in details. Am I really making things easy for them?

Passing by a few rooms inside the mansion we stop at a door. It was wooden and had a frosted glass, unlike most of the others which were either transparent glass or just normal wooden doors. I guess this is the place.

There's a familiar aura coming out from behind the door. Vi-san opens the door and I walk in behind her.

The places really looks like a typical hideout. A conference table, a sweet computer rig a lounge and a couple of bunk beds. It's pretty cozy.

So much for what uniform I'd be wearing. Huh, there's two familiar faces here.

"You two are here?"

Vi-san glanced at me for a second.

Inyx who is wearing long sleeved blue one piece dress with short flare—which brings out her perky breasts—is lying face flat on the couch—She sure must be tired—and what's her name again? Yasagawa-san standing in front of the table. She's wearing a black crop top mini skirt—which has belt around her waist, loosely dangling in front of her—and crop top jacket. There's a kid here, 13 or so, white colored hair with several dark roots, brown eye color, he's in something that looks like robes(?) is sitting on the floor, his legs crossed like he was meditating reading a weird book. There is a guy, a little taller than me, with a calm and friendly demeanor, low cut blond combed hair—his hair looks unkempt yet so tidy and laid back quite a bit, light purple eye color sitting on the arm of the couch. One thing that pisses me off is that he's so deadly handsome. He is in what looks like a uniform; a black trouser, a white t-shirt inner and a black shirt over it, neatly.

And finally…

!!!!

…The girl sitting before the rig…

1