Chapter 2 Is This A Secret Agency Or What? Cont. 17
284 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…The girl sitting before the rig…

Today must be my luck day. Anymore and she'd be naked. She's in pants!! Black panties!!!—well more like a speedo, shorts(?). She has a cap over her medium length light purple coloured hair—her bangs parted to the sides—which was tied to a short tail sticking out the hole at the back of the cap. She has a smallish body and wore an ash long sleeved black hooded jacket open down the middle and an opaque crop bra. She looks hardcore but totally cute with the choker on her slender neck and the half rim nerd glasses she has over her light brown eyes. A loli. Does this count out a gothic?

So that makes five… So this is my team members? What a mismatch. It's like a mix of delinquents and gentlemen.

"These are your team mates. I leave you all to get acquainted I have something to do, so I'll be back later."

And with that she left for the door and out. Vi-san? What's wrong with you? To be honest I don't get how I'm able to read her almost expressionless face. She seems so sad, like something is weighing on her.

"You must be Rinji. Nice to meet you. The name's Matsumura Hoshi. Call me Hoshi and I'll call you Rinji, if that's okay with you."

Said the gentle guy walking close with his left hand in his pocket and taking out his right to me.

"Yea, likewise. I don't mind."

I grab his hand and give it a shake. Damn I wish I can punch him in his handsome face. I can already imagine the girls that go after him. I wish I had a face like his *sob*

"And he's Imamura Roka, our support mage."

That's right, if I remember Vi-san said in each platoon there's at least one mage. So this kid is ours. Okay 'kid' is too belittling, he's a man. So he's not an ability holder, a mage instead. Now that makes me wonder would it be possible for an ability holder to learn magic. I want to learn to magic. If I did… heeeeh… The mental image of myself is having a nose bleed. Get a grip on yourself and not deviate from the true reason.

"Call me Ro or Roka"

He's a bit nervous. And just like me he lack confidence. Me and you are going to be such good friends, Ro.

"Now that there's three of us it won't feel awkward anymore. Hope we can all get along? Welcome to our shindig of a platoon, unnamed as of yet. I hope the three of us can be friends?"

Awkward, how? You got to have these cute girls all to yourselves. But from his stand point it does seem awkward since the girls outnumbered the boys. But seriously what could be awkward about it. You two guys with three girls It's what every guy dreams about… Or is it just me? It kinda sounded cool in my head, but thinking about it, it definitely might be awkward.

"Sure."

"I see you already know the Captain and Vice"

Wait those two who snuck into my room are the vice and captain. I wonder which of them is, though?

"You can say that."

Know them? They just snuck into my room. And want if they took advantage of my sleeping. *totally wishing they did.*

"So that only leaves Shinosaki Ayama over there."

I look over to the girl behind the rig. She looks at me from the corner of her eyes and squints before…

"Mmph!"

That's cheeky. I don't know her so why is she being cheeky? Well whatever, she's so cute.

"You're late, Rinji-kun!"

Yasagawa-san came over, her eyes narrowed so much so you'd think they were closed. and her left hand lined under supple drums holding the elbow of her right which was to her cheek wearing a smile, a sadistic one. She looks so evil with that devilish smile she has on. There no denying it this girl is sadistic. I think I should be weary of her. But I don't think she's a bad person.

"I guess you're the captain. Am I right?"

"Yea. I guess we'll be working together for a while."

With a girl like that for a captain this is going to be… I can't even imagine how it would be.

"Yes, I hope to learn from all of you."

I bow my upper body.

"Come on now no need to be formal we're all friends here."

Hoshi said. Ro agreed and Yasagawa-san with only what seems to be her usual smile.

I lift myself.

"So if I may ask. I'm still clueless about what these abilities are. So what exactly counts as an ability?"

"It's complicated as it's simplistic. Consider them as prowess of individuals which can either affects the physiology of the person but doesn't warp it or the mental capability of said individual. In other words that person gain supernatural powers. Superhuman strength, increase in mental capacity, foresight, clairvoyance, pinpoint accuracy and so on. They are limitless."

"I get it. Thank you."

I give her a quick bow. It's pretty cool if you ask me. They have superpowers. But I have no idea about mine. I don't feel any change in me that proves I'm like them.

"I know I'm new  but if I may ask what are your abilities?"

I asked.

"No need for formalities. If we're going to be team mates we have to start by knowing one another."

Yasagawa-san said closing the gap between us her face close to mine. She's too close. I can't help but look away as she gets even closer in my face giving me a look. I can almost say she inviting me to look at 'them' which by all mean my eyes falter taking peeks. My whole head is starting to get real hot. Was it just me or the sense behind her words is a bit fearful? Almost *gulp*…

That's what they say at least. I don't know how true that is. But I'll just go along with it… Knowing each other, huh. I guess there's got to be truth to that since building trust with each other will help us further work as a group… but will I be able to trust them? In my eyes they definitely look weird.

Anyway what the hell is she doing? Why is she getting in my face? And just like that they touch my chest and I instinctively take a step back. That instant I felt like my head wanted to explode.

"What's wrong Rinji-kun? Why do you look so flustered? Oh no don't tell me you're sick?"

And what with the innocent act all of a sudden? She's the one making me feel like this. She's definitely getting a kick out of it. I won't lie what I felt from even that moments touch alone felt totally different from when I had Inyx on me. Inyx was like average—wait a minute how can you tell when it's average or not? What if the small ones where the average or the big ones were the average? I know It doesn't make sense but let's think about it for a moment. Anyways by the standard of the world Inyx has average breast and Yasagawa-san is almost three times that size or so. I'm terrible at measuring the sizes of breasts.

"~~Nope! I'm good~~"

"Are you sure?"

"Yea."

"I hope you liked your welcome party this morning?"

She whispered to me. And that made my head become even more hot that I feared steam would shoot out of my ears and nose.

"Alright."

She steps back.

"Back to the matter."

She took a calm semi-stern tone.

"Shall we get started then…? Let's see. Here's what we're going to do. It'd be a waste of time just telling you so how about we do a watch and tell. Are you okay with that?"

It'd be cool to see them in action.

"Yes."

"Alright then. We're moving to the training hall. That includes you Inyx."

Yea Inyx has been sleeping since I came in here. And just like that she slowly woke up with a dull look.

"Where are we headed?"

She rubbed her eyes with her right, softly speaking.

"To get acquainted with Rinji."

Hoshi replied her. Go piss yourself pretty boy.

"Let's go."

I turn to where Yasagawa-san's voice came from and see her standing by a door to the wall of the room which had nothing to it. Okay, how come I didn't see that door earlier? Cloaking technology or cloaking magic?

Everyone from their positions moves closer towards her.

"So Rinji-kun I'm sure Shimura-san already gave you the run down of things, including the training sites and the regime we use."

Yasagawa-san asked.

If I remember… Did I forget to say I had bad memory…? but… Mmmm…

"… Yes. She said every team has their own training site within the HQ. A space created using magic and fitted with equipments for training unlike auditorium itself"

Okay so this door leads there.

"Right that makes things simple. So shall we?"

She opens the door and walks in with the rest of us in tow.

And just like the first time I went through a door like that it felt like I walked through a thin wall of water even though I didn't get wet coming out on the other side.

"Welcome to the squads training room. Make yourself at home."

1