Chapter 2 Is This A Secret Agency Or What? Cont. 2
153 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes sir. Arriving on site where Mishima Hide was last heard from. We begun procedures for retrieval his corpse and cleanse. In the process we found DNA samples not belonging to the deceased. This led to a wide area search. Two hours of search we were certain we found the area where he was believe to have last been. We found traces of energy and after further investigations we found residue of the creature. End report."

"Are you certain?"

"To take down such a demonic creature is a feat which only this modern era's elites stand the chance!!"

"Such a person must have had years of training and experience."

"No sir there's reason to believe he only just awoken."

She replied to one of the voices that commented.

"A newly awakened… Such potential."

"A rarer find...…"

The voices trail off as they mumbled their thoughts.

"Finding whoever they are should be top priority."

One voice sounded out as the voices overlapped with each other.

"And how is the search?"

Asked the man at the helm of the conference table.

"It was rather easier than expected. Going through his personal belongings we found we were able to get information on him. You should have the information we've gathered him, now." She said as she tapped the tablet's screen a couple of times then gave it a swipe upwards sending the information to their terminals.

The sounds of message tones softly echoed through the room. The one behind the table reached into his blazer, turned to the side placing his legs on the table and took out his phone going through it.

"Is this information accurate?"

Asked a voice.

"Yes, sir."

The sweet voice replied.

"We can't afford to make any mistakes with this."

Said another voice.

"We are certain." Answered the lady in the suit.

"Interesting…" Said another.

"If he truly is an awakened then It doesn't matter what this says. Better yet he'd be a good thing."

"Bring him in then…"

The man behind the desk said looking up from his phone.

"Yes, sir."

The lady in the suit turned and exited the room.

The man looked back at his phone. It showed a picture and personal information of Nonako Rinji.

"Shall we continue?"

He said, returning his phone back into his blazer.

My upper body shoots off the bed, drenched in sweat!!

"Heh… heh… heh"

My breathing is rugged. I feel so tense. Taking a moment to calm I take a couple of seconds to look at a familiar surrounding.

"Where am I? Ugh… What's with this pain…?"

Why is my heart beating so fast, though? I reach towards my chest and suddenly pain shoots through that's area. No! It's not just my chest. My whole body is aching…

"My head hurts…"

I hold my hand to head looking around. The place sinks in and I realize I'm… home(?).

"How… did I get…get here?"

I can't remember how I got here… What happened? If I remember correctly I was…

Suddenly, my eyes shot wide open when the memories flash through my mind of when I was being chased by some sort of creature.

I jump off the bed, dash out of the room running right by an Orino who was about knocking my door…

"Rinji?"

… and straight into the bathroom, locking the door. I stand before the mirror and see the bruises on my skin…

"Rinji? Are you okay?"

She knocks on the door an tries to get it open.

Quickly I take off my shirt and to see the still fresh five claw wound that seemed to have been made by a very sharp object.

"Please talk to me... What happened? Is something wrong?"

Orino is still behind the door, her voice reaching me as she tries to get me to open the door.

"Tell me what happened was a dream, my imagination?" I whispered to myself.

"Rinji?"

She said softly.

I drop to a squat and my hands to the sides of my head, trembling. I feel my face tighten from the absolute fear. Fear? It doesn't cut it for what I feel right now… It's still lingering.

What happened? How I DID get home!? I…

… Remember panicking and closing my eyes in fear as I await my inevitable demise…

But… it… never… came.

I slowly opened my eyes—everything looked so hazy—lowering my hands to meet nothing but several streams of a soft glowing of a fading bluish smoke. The creature was no where near me.

I was filled to the brim with terror that I didn't even realize myself. I found no words or thought to myself. I was blank. Or maybe I was unconscious or trans-ed and subconsciously got home.

But I do remember picking myself up even though I could barely move my body or stand. The fear eating me from within made everything blur and all I could do was just walk on unsteady feat.

Crashing into walls a couple of times I got out of the alley and started moving towards a certain direction. I could barely hold myself up and fell a few times grazing myself even more that I already was…

I had ended up far from my place during the chase but it didn't take long for me to have a blur view of my house before me. Or it was possible that I was running on adrenaline because of the fear that I walked a longer distance back, despite being unconscious.

I open the door and enter. Somehow I managed to take my shoes off, as it was a natural occurrence to me. I remember mom and Orino ran into the hallway. Their voice were far but I could make out what they said.

"Do you know what time it is, Rin? Do explain yourself?"

"Where have you been? I called you but your phone was off."

I heard a voice that sounded like mom and Orino as they came into the hallway.

When they saw me, I do believe my dress was in a bad state. I could barely make out their faces.

"Rinji!"

Mom cried out running over to me

"Wh-What happen to you? You're bleeding"

I faintly heard Orino speak but fear made it falter a bit. She followed behind mom.

"What happened?"

I saw the blur figure of dad also come from within the doorway accompanied with mom's soft voice.

"Thank God it's not deep."

"What happened to him? Where's your bag?"

I lost my bag whiles running for my life.

"I don't know… but look at the state he's in."

"His eyes are dilated."

I think mom held her face before mine and her hands were on my cheeks.It might be an exaggeration but from the posture Orino stood she was far gone, devastated.

Even though they were near me I could not hear them, it's as if they were been muffled…

I think I said spoke and replied them…

"It's nothing."

"Are you serious? Look at you. Which part of you is nothing? You're covered in scratches and what happened to your shirt. You looked like you were mauled by wild animals."

"Hey, Are you even listening?"

"Don't tell me you got a secret life."

I somewhat heard dad say that, reproachful yet I could hear a faint presence of a tease.

"This is no time for that! Can't you see he's hurt bad?"

"…I'm going to bed."

…which left them utterly speechless considering the possible state I was in— couldn't tell their expressions because I could barely see their faces—and went on into my room. Somehow I changed into the shirt and pants I'm wearing and slept through the night.

That means… It couldn't have been a dream! A dream that vivid that the pain and wounds would be projected into real life was too much of a stretch for an excuse to brush off what had happened.

It was real as hell! What the hell was that creature? Could it be—I remember the man on TV.

[What's going around is that this is the work of monsters. It's hard to swallow and hard to tell what exactly it is. It could have passed for a dog if not for the glowing three pairs of eyes.]

No! It can't be true. It can't be real, right? There are no such things as monsters, right? They are just fantasies, imaginations. Yea that's right, it's probably a dream. Someone must have played a trick on me.

[Would they have gone that far though?]

I've never seen anything like that before… It couldn't be a trick. That thing was eating a person, a real person! It didn't look fake at all, not with the pool of blood… Blood!!? What the hell!!? My stomach is turning. Remembering the state of that body and the pool of blood it laid on, so gruesome, it's making me want to puke… No, I really have to puke. Any moment now if I don't stand up to the sink I will puke all over the floor and myself.

Quickly I stand to the sink and empty my guts into it.

"Ugh… Blurgh… blurgh"

My stomach finally calms down after a couple of minutes.

I sit beside the sink leaning my back to the wall, my arms bridged on my knees and my head lowered.

So I made it home running on just adrenaline even though I was unconscious. I didn't even feel anything, not until now at least.

Where did it go to? Why did it let me live? Why chase me through the neighbourhood and let me live? What the hell is going on? Could it be still watching me? Maybe, it's doing all this just to give me a false sense of hope of survival. It's only a matter of time before it comes back for me.

The way it left there is no telling that it wouldn't come after me. I mean that's how it always is in the movies. I'm like a prey and this creature is a going to hunt me down like the predator it is.

If so, then what do I do? If it comes for me what then? How would I survive? I'm not safe anymore? Am I just going to have wait for it to end my life?Will it stop there? What of mom, dad and Orino. If that thing is still on my tail they will become collateral and I don't want that.

What do I do if it returns to finally finish me off? I'm not strong to fight it, to protect my family. I'm not smart to strategize and survive just on the outcome. I'm just that average, pathetic, weak!

1