A Forced Arrest
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Shiro’s belief about Daniel seems different from the rest,” Daisy remarked.

“That doesn't rule him out. All of them are different in their ways.”

“I know Betty.”

The girls were in the clubroom sitting around with the tea sets on the table.

They have just started, going through all the interviews with the suspects. Since they had finished speaking and going to places they needed, the next step was to review everything and start taking action.

Elaine’s eyes took a peek at her Noble friend's eagerness for some action as she scanned through her phone notes.

Alice hides a smile, not that she wanted to let the fellow clubmate that she loved arguing with know about her approval. Her eyes then turned to the large board that they had pasted before.

The board has been updated by her to reflect minor changes.

 

Facts

An old man in his 70s, Harold Jackson suffering from heart disease was immediately killed, presumingly by Daniel on the date of 04/01/2021. It was shot by a Taurus pistol in the study room.

 

List of Suspects:

  • Daniel Jackson, 3rd son of Harold - Why would he come to us if he’s the culprit? Maybe to push the suspicion away from him?
  • Sebastian, the butler of 20 years - Is he cruel enough to kill his master that he had served for so long just for money?
  • Yui, eldest child and daughter of Harold - A girl doing international art, being passed over as heir to Jackson’s company. Maybe she’s angry and frustrated with her condition.
  • Shiro, 2nd child and heir of the family - Didn’t initially think that Daniel is the culprit, and has no motivation to kill his Father given his secure position. Told us about the missing gun belonging to Daniel.

 

Harold Jackson’s Will

A will is written detailing Harold Jackon’s assets and money, on how they are to be distributed towards the 4 suspects. It is mentioned to involve billions of dollars, ensuring a secure financial future for everyone involved.

 

The Fight

Harold and Daniel fought on the night before the murder. It never happened before this in terms of its intensity. Who told them? Was it one of the other suspects? If so, is it because they could frame Daniel as the culprit?

Visiting Shiro hardly changes anything. The possibilities of him being the killer are less now, but it still doesn't cross him out.

 

Her eyes veered over a certain name.

Perhaps that person might be but… if I were to share with the rest…

The woman shook her head. One thing she knew after solving many cases was that her intuition and emotions that she sometimes tended to follow were quite dangerous. She knew they were mostly right but from a previous case with Daisy, Alice learned not to rely on it anymore.

Not going to go through another 2 hours of nagging by that woman again. 

 


 

A particular pink-haired, gifted tall woman inside a derelict building found herself suddenly feeling like punching the walls.

“Must have been getting sick of staying in this cold empty building… ” Harmony mumbled to herself.

The paperwork for this case must have been gotten to me.

 


 

Smiling grimly, Alice returned to the table where her clubmates were still loudly discussing. Her mind barely registered what they said as her mind fell into deep thought.

That was when a phone rang loudly in the clubroom.

Silence descended upon the room as Elaine raised her hand to silence the other two.

It was just a minute or two later before Alice hung up.

Elaine realised that her friend was frowning. That’s not a good sign.

“They decided to turn over Daniel to the authorities. It will be in the news tomorrow.”

“B-but we aren’t even sure that he is the murderer!” Betty protested.

“He won’t be named yet. Just assisting in the investigations for now.”

“What caused them to suddenly hand over?” Elaine asked sceptically.

“They found the missing gun that Shiro mentioned yesterday in a nearby canal,” There was curiosity in Alice’s eyes. “Wrapped in a ziplock bag.”

“Wow, it makes Daniel more of quite a careless murderer.”

“That’s true. But no killer would just go and place a gun that he used to kill conveniently inside a ziplock bag… except for the one who wants to frame him.”

“Is it a coincidence that right after Shiro mentioned Daniel knowing about guns, this happened?”

“Well Betty, sometimes that’s just how they are, coincidence.”

“Still Alice,” Elaine checked back on her notes, “Daniel had lied to us. Previously, he said he didn’t own one but after now with the evidence…”

“How idiotic of him. He should have told us,” Betty said disapprovingly. “Then things wouldn’t go this way.”

“Yet, somehow, Sebastian and Yui had no clue about him owning a gun. Only Shiro raised this fact.”

“Wow… that’s a bit strange,” Daisy remarked.

“With them being siblings and all, you would have thought that they expected at least Daniel to own one. Given the fact they should know that he went to training with Shiro.”

“This family is really smart. Working together so that they all appeared uninvolved about the situation.”

“Not smart enough to stop fighting among one another,” Betty grinned. “Freaking rich commoners pretending to be nobles.”

“Not all rich commoners are like that,” Daisy argued.

“Hmph, well that’s how I met all of them, so don’t try convincing me otherwise.”

Daisy could only sigh. Once in a while, she knew that this girl said some things that weren't favourable for her class.

“So if the culprit was wearing gloves, only Daniel’s fingerprint would be on it right?” Alice wasn’t affected at all.

“Yes, which is pretty convenient for whoever is trying to frame him,” Elaine replied.

Alice glanced back to the chart, scanning through each of the three remaining names.

All of them have a good motive, but they also have a great alibi to cover themselves. 

The white-haired youth pictured that night. 

Who has the best chance to be able to shoot Harold Jackson on that night? Who has the greatest motivation and decides to kill him?

 

Sebastian.

 

Yui.

 

Shiro.

 

These three unique individuals could be hidden criminals with hidden agendas if Daniel was innocent.

“There’s not much we can do from here except to investigate the place or ask them again,” Daisy suggested.

Alice gave some thoughts about it, “For now, Daisy and I will go out to see if we are missing anything.”

“Sorry Alice, I have some Princess duties that need to be done.”

“Me too Alice, some of those stupid noble classes about etiquette and manners…”

“I am occupied too. Sorry Alice,” Daisy stood up, just remembering.

“It’s fine,” Alice nodded, albeit somewhat disappointed.

She decided that she would study the chart and have some alone time to think. Some situations were better off being done alone.

As all her friends left the room, she glanced at the window outside. 

It was a view overlooking the compound of all the various club activities.

The academy has an entirely separate section for all students to attend clubs, thus even theirs were situated here. Anything to make it the perfect disguise for a secret agency of the kingdom.

“I suppose now is the time to do what’s best.”

That is being alone in the room drinking her favourite tea, thinking and solving the case through pure detective intelligence skills and logical thinking.

 


 

“Lame…. Boring… Annoying... ”

A petite girl wearing the Lena’s Girls Academy noble outfit was mumbling to herself.

Betty was walking along the city streets alone, heading to no particular destination.

I hate those lessons. Couldn’t they just drop such old traditional systems that are no longer applied outside anymore? This is the 21st century, damn it!

This was the best time the small girl could let out all her frustrations for that particular lesson so she went out without anyone else.

Her feet kicked a small concrete rock that was chipped off the concrete path. Her brown eyes followed it leisurely and landed randomly at a far distance.

“Sigh… That’s enough talking for today.”

She decided to turn back when she saw something recognisable at a distance.

“Is that… Sebastian?”

Although dressed in common Commoner clothing, Betty was positive that it was the old man.

His mannerisms were no longer of an upright and well-mannered butler but instead, one that blended in well with the others. His head occasionally looked in other directions before continuing to walk off at a distance.

The petite girl’s lips slowly curled up.

“Hmm… perhaps you have more things to hide than what you have told us.”

0