Afterword and Authors note
67 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors note.

THANK YOU.

-Comment
Yes, you, thank you so much for reading this, even if you just skimmed or skipped chapters. It doesn’t matter to me and I thank you for taking the time and (hopefully) finding enjoyment through this work.

As many of you know, I started this project originally as a way to expand and elaborate, basically develop the magic system in my world; Lisica.
However, this only took care of V’idan magic and didn’t consider that both the Dwarves and Albion as a whole have their own unique way of using magic. The Albionian way was briefly touched on but never explained, though it has been touched on a little more in my side project The Fallen Inquisitor, which I’m a little unsure about if/when I’ll continue.

I am aware of the many plot holes, poor writing and just all-around jank surrounding The Heptagon Mage (THM). Since it started as a simple thing for myself and was never intended to become such a large thing, I will honestly admit that the start wasn’t properly planned out and was just a starting point to get the ball rolling. It evolved into a project I found great interest in and though my grammar has a lot to be desired, I very much enjoy writing.

Many times the characters in general have not gotten the love they deserve, though most of them have larger and involved backgrounds I never properly explored them in any way, this is an error on my side and something I will try to avoid in the future.

Certain plotholes in Gilliam not properly exploiting the things he can do, like realizing powerful telekinesis and the power to throw boulders, only to not use it again... I intended to have it done purposefully but never properly got into that either. So it came down to my rushing what I was after more than giving the characters some love. Which I think is just a flaw in me as a writer and something I need to work on.

As for my writing style, I’m aware that not everyone prefers this but it’s just what works for me. The first few chapters were written quite a while before the others and though I have a long way to go I still feel I have gotten better than I was back then. All progress is good progress but I don’t feel that it’s right to go back and edit them.

I apologise for the jank. I can blame some on English being my second language, but I intend to improve so I’d prefer not to hide behind that too much.

I also apologise if the ending felt lacklustre, but I personally felt that it was the way to go, I could have explored the aftermath more but that was never the ‘point’. That could become a future thing but at the moment this felt logical.


-The Hiatus

At some point I ended up taking a break, I never intended for it to last 11 months (almost a year), but for some reason, it just became more and more daunting to get back into it. Some comments were enough to push me back into it and I’m very happy I got back into it.

 


-The road from here
I intend to keep writing, I’m not sure what, yet. If you have some thoughts or ideas I would love input in the poll or as a comment, Private message or something.
I hope this becomes better and that I’m able to evolve as a writer through that as I did through THM.


-Thank you (again)
Thank you all, I would never have been able to get to this point without all your comments. Positive and negative.
I’d like to give an extra thank you to everyone who commented on edits and improvements, For certain words I just chose were wrong, some cases there were wrong or incomplete words that made it through the autocorrect. I’ll try to catch them in the future but... Nothing I can promise. 

[END]

What should I write next
  • Continue Gilliam's story; exploring more of Lisica as a whole Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Something new and Original (comments appreciated) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An original, not yet met, character in Lisica Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Contijue one of my existing, and hiatus'ed stories Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
0