Ch. 3 – Door to Door Sales Pitching
733 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

< Your Invitation Has Been Declined >

I watched as the man in the forest get up and run away in fear. "Why did he decline it?" I had it the same as before, following the man, I soon hear him start to blabber in fear.

"The devil is trying to control me! The devil is trying to tempt me and speak into my mind!"

... The man started to speak to the guards, saying that there were devils and demons gods. The guards tensed up while keeping the man detained, one of them left inside to report the situation to the guard captain. In a few minutes, a couple of priests come doing a check-up on the detained man. After a while, one of the priest shakes their head before getting some silver pieces and leaving.

The guard captain looks angry, shouting to the guards to take him away, they drag the poor man away. "... okay, so what did I do wrong?"

 

{System Administrator wishes to speak with you.}
[Accept / Decline]

 

"So why am I seen as a devil? The Queen hasn't declined or done anything yet with my invitation, yet this man immediately declined by running away. That is new, so they don't have to physically press the options, they can just agree or disagree with their thoughts."

"I suppose I should look it from their perspective in this world where gods and demons exit. I haven't seen any of them contact their god other than worshiping in temples and praying."

"... I guess that they see gods as some sort of untouchable thing. How about I make it more direct." Changing up my invitation to straight up invite them to become users of the system, I head over to my next choice.

 

Anne Lilium an apprentice mage, she left her home to learn about magic under her mentor, a witch called Hilda Rosa the risky target. A well known witch who settles in this shack like home far from the kingdom city center on the outskirts near the east forest, to the south is a shoreline of jagged rocks. 

The house was made of a stone laid foundation with wooden log walls. Some sort of paste in between like a mud or something and a wooden door. This house looks like a modern wooden log house but without the glass windows. There were windows, but they were very tiny, and I suppose it was made for ventilation.

Inside it was very cozy with clean rug floors, a nice wooden floor and all the things a normal medieval house would have. With fantasy elements such as a cauldron over the fire, a massive book laid open on the table, some weird ingredients on the table. Going deeper into the home, I found both of them, they were in a room of some sort of lab.

Hilda was currently teaching her apprentice about the basis of magic, seeing them finish their lesson waiting a bit I send over the invitation to the both of them but a little more direct and to the point.

 

{System has invited you to become a User}
[Accept / Decline]

 

Both of them were silent for a moment before speaking up. "Master um, I see a blue thingy in front of my face, what is this?"

Inside Hilda's head, she was wondering why her detection didn't go off. ("I am not receiving any warnings from my artifacts, the spell is untouched and completely fine.") With her years of experience, she understood this is a spirit of sort. "Come out, spirit, what do you want from us." With a wave of her arms, she cast a spell, unleashing mana in a sphere around her body.

"... Master nothing happened." Anne was blankly looking around, seeing nothing, unsure of what to do.

("This must be a god... oh no.") Hilda was always taught that gods never liked having their presence questioned, and what she did questioned the gods' intention. At best, she hoped to only be dismissed and rejected by the god itself, at worst maybe cursed for questioning a god. Her face scrunched up in fear and regret, with sweat drops coming from her forehead.

"Master!?" Anne was getting worried from her Master's state of fear, thinking that something terrible was coming.

This isn't good! Sending another message hoping it will be enough to calm her down, after all I do not want to lose two possible users.

 

{The System takes no aggression from your actions, for you have done nothing wrong.}

 

Sending out another message, to which I see her face relax. "Thank you, God, for your mercy... May I ask why the System wishes to invite us?" Taking the time I reply to her questions to the best of my ability, at the end of this it seems that knowing that it will be only beneficial they agreed to become users. 

("I had to say that it was some sort of blessing, like how the other gods do to give their followers power.") They couldn't understand the concept of the system why it was so beneficial without having any cost, nor any requirements beside becoming users. They explained that gods are these untouchable, unspeakable beings who only speak to their most devout follower.

How each god is based on a concept like the god of fire or heat, and they have their own requirements that people must do before becoming official followers. Well, I'll think more about this later because I just got my first two users!

 

+2 Users!
+5 Points! (Achievement: Gain your very first user!)

***
< Lena the System Administrator of world [Gaia] >

System Version: [0.1]
System Users: [2 / 10]
System Points: [5]

User Features: {Stats} {Attributes} {Skills}
Lena's Features: {Message} {Shop}

Milestones:
1 - Reach 10 Users
2 - Gain 10 System Points
3 - Upgrade System Version
4 - Add a new Feature

***

"What!" I got points for getting my first user?! Let's take this time to look at the {Shop} I avoided it before as I didn't have any points. Meanwhile, the two new users were looking at their stats in wonder and amazement.

 

=== Hilda Rosa POV ===

("What is this system?") She could see a panel of information from her basic stats, attributes, and skills all shown in front of her in blue panels, and there was another tab called [Help] that explained each and every thing.

< Stats, it shows your name, class, job, along with other important information such as HP (health points), MP (mana points), SP (stamina points). Tier is how strong your physique is, level is how strong you are in a number form, xp (experience) is how much xp you need to reach the next level up. >

Name: Hilda Rosa HP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Tier: ◊◊
Class: Witch MP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Level: 74
Job: Alchemist SP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Xp: ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

< Attributes, STR (strength), VIT (vitality), END (endurance), CON (constitution), AGI (agility), DEX (dexterity), INT (intelligence), WIS (wisdom). STR is your physical power, VIT is your regeneration/recovery, END is your stamina, CON is your resistance, AGI is your speed/reaction, DEX is your control, INT is your mind/soul, WIS is your knowledge/experience. >

STR 36 END 41 AGI 43 INT 93
VIT 65 CON 76 DEX 58 WIS 82

< Skills, Passive (always active skill), Active (requires an action/input to activate skill). There are 10 levels, maxing out at level 10. Each level shows how skilled you are at that skill, 1 = Novice, 10 = Master. >

There listed pages of Hilda's skills, a long list showing credit to her long life and history of her collected knowledge.

 

"Now I only need to repeat this and to get a total of ten users." After making a few minor adjustments, she decided to not make much contact with the humans, as they seem to be too subservient to a god system like me. Just to only send an invitation to become a user, cutting away the wasted time and awkward conversation.

29