Ch. 15 – Arcane Academy (2)
441 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arcane Academy, the most prestigious academy in the Kingdom of Everich. One of the largest locations within the Kingdom and home to learning. A place where races are free to learn and connect with others. The Arcane Academy is special, not being under any ruling. With each year over ten thousands new students coming in and a total near 100,000 students.

Being such a prestigious academy, being a teacher here shows that you are one of the best. With over 15,000 teachers to teach these 100,000 students. This academy is different from the Royal School, which is meant only for nobles to connect with one another, not for learning. On the campus there were enough facilities that if by any reason the academy itself would disappear, they were still capable of surviving for thousands of years.

"Remember Leo, now that you are in the Arcane Academy, your previous title does not matter in here. This is a sacred place of learning and should you be caught using your noble title to threaten other students, you will be expelled with no exception. Your name here is just Leo, not prince Leo, do you understand?"

"Yes! Auntie."

Her eyebrows twitched, hearing that. "Call me professor Vivian, teacher Vivian, or Ms. Vivian."

"Yes, Ms. Vivian."

"Good."

"The school orientation is a week away, so school hasn't officially started. I am here to help you get settled down. Here are a few rules that you need to know." Vivian handed Leo a small book, on it read Code of Conduct Arcane Academy.

"Make sure you read that in your free time, it has all the rules all students must obey. There is a point system in the Arcane Academy you gain points for doing good, and you lose points for failing. Easy to understand, no?"

"I understand, Ms. Vivian."

After Leo was dropped off by his mother near the barrier, he walked next to Ms. Vivian. They neared the massive transparent barrier, attempting to look inside one would only see white fog unable to make anything inside. Vivian pulled out a wooden disc from her pocket. Pushing her mana into the wooden disc, the barrier responded to the signal. 

"What is that?"

"Oh, this?" Vivian waved the disc to Leo. "This is a special access key for teachers. It's not as simple as it looks. Now we can enter, follow me."

"But, nothing changed?"

"You will find out later."

Leo confused just followed Ms. Vivian inside the barrier. Vivian seeing the kid with a confused face laughed inside, taking a look at him, she thought of pulling a prank.

"Oh, kid, I forgot to tell you, but follow my steps exactly." Vivian jumped forward with both feet, doing a twirl before hopping on her right foot. Leo seeing this weird action followed it seriously copying her exact movements. Ms. Vivian and Leo were doing this all the way to the entrance of the academy. On the way here, they were given looks by other teachers and students heading to the front gate.

"We made it!" Vivian spread out her arms into the air. Leo copied her actions, shouting it, spread his arms in the air.

"Your evil girl, pulling a prank on a new student already?"

Leo, hearing the remark, looked over to see another lady. If Vivian is a geek looking lady with a thin tall stature. Then this lady is a mature adult, she had dark skin wearing a dress and a massively oversized witch hat. 

"Lanella!"

"Have you finished your research, after all you are out getting new students."

"No, I was forced to pick up this kid. I ran into a roadblock within my research."

"I see. Well don't let me get in the way of your job Vivi, see you love." Vivian watched as Lanella headed inside the academy. Leo having forgotten what she said earlier was watching Ms. Vivian, unsure if he should bother her.

"Um."

"Oh, yeah. I'll help you get registered."

"The academy doesn't look like how it was described by mother."

"We aren't inside, this is still the outskirts of the academy. We only passed the barrier and made to the front gate, far away from the main campus."

So far, Leo has only seen the barrier, a dirt road, and a giant metal gate. He could see other teachers and students here, a small amount of them. "Ms. Vivian, why are there only a few of us here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Mother said that there are over 100,000 students, but I only see ten of us."

"Because you are special, most kids will show up in the next week when the academy officially starts."

Looking at the other kids, Leo could understand why. They weren't human, they were the races that his mother told him about in those story books. Standing straight holding arrogance and dignity, she had pointy ears, holding a wooden staff in her right hand. Another was the same size as Leo's but, with large massive muscles, and a rugged face with a rough beard.

"Ms. Vivian, is that the rumored elf and dwarf?"

"Yes, but it is impolite to stare."

"Ah, sorry."

"Don't apologize to me. It's them who are uncomfortable."

There was another person smaller than Leo with no muscles or facial features. "Ms. Vivian, who are they?" Seeing where he pointed to, Vivian took this opportunity to teach Leo about their race.

"That one is a gnome, that one is a half-giant..." Ms. Vivian with a glance was able to easily distinguish those group of students. Soon after waiting a while during this time a few more students arrived.

This small group of 20 turned into 50. With half of it being teachers, each assigned to protect these important students while they are on their way into the academy. An old man slowly walked from behind the gate, the teachers who were speaking to one another noticed his appearance, cutting their conversations short.

"Who is he?"

"The principal of the academy." Vivian quickly answered Leo.

The old man approached the gate, it swung open, standing in the center holding his walking cane. "Welcome students to the Arcane Academy." 

19