Ch. 30 – Legendary Lazy Sword
143 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A group of men in shiny armor travelled across the kingdom. They were the royal knights of the Everich kingdom here on their quest to travel to the outer borders of the Kingdom. As they were heading towards the [Great Yvigilata Forest] to meet with the elves for trade of knowledge, materials, and to perhaps purchase some goods from the elves.

The travelling knights also travelled with the infamous [White Scarab Caravan] it's strength was no laughing matter. The reason for the kingdom's unusual highly guarded travel group is due to the ongoing skirmishes with the monsters. That were growing stronger due to an unknown reason affecting the entire planet.

"I don't understand what our king is thinking." A squire with a red head was questioning the king's thinking. He was not like the knights who have trained for years for knighthood. Where they compete with other knights to become the top of the class before becoming a part of the King's personal knight group.

The knights heard his statement loud and clear. They would rightfully defend but seeing this squire who was also chosen by the king knew that he was no pushover. The king is praised for his insight, and seeing those who have the strength and potential to further the kingdom. This king was the only one in the past hundreds of years who was able to open the trade with the elves through persuasion.

It should be known that elves are terribly stubborn who will always want to do things their own way. 

"What do you mean?" A fairly young boy dressed in white robes outlined in gold asked curiously. 

"Charles, why did the King summon three of us to trade with the elves? I see no point." The red head kid complained thinking that this was a waste of his time. 

"Well, I suppose we will know once we get there. How about you, Caelot." He looked over to the robed teen next to him. He was nicknamed as the future Grandmaster magician.

"I am more interested in learning the magic of the elves. Won't you agree Gerald." The robed teen looked at the squire.

"The elves don't use swordsmanship. I have never seen one use it." The red head bickered back.

 

These three young are not to be judged by their size or age. They were the future talent of the kingdom. Gerald one of the most promising knights, a genius at swordsmanship. Charles the youngest and most talented healer. Caelot the dubbed future Grandmaster magician.

As they spotted a small-time village, they planned on checking with the locals and resting here after travelling for hours. 

Rosalina hid behind the house seeing a group of soldiers entering the village. The village elder went up to meet with them speaking with a large grin and smile on his face. She spotted a group of three young kids or teens bickering with one another. As she was staring at them, the three of them noticed her. The red head turned and smiled before walking forwards.

"Rosalina's late." John noticed that Rosalina, who would always be on time, was not here. Thinking not much about it, he tried to relax, but the gnawing thought that she wasn't here unsettled him. Unknowingly he became used to Rosalina being his timer and not hearing it unnerved him. After waiting a long grueling minute, he jumped off the branch walking to the village.

"What am I doing?" John noticing that he was getting worried about that annoying pesky bird Rosalina irritated him. Making him unable to relax and sleep on the trees. As he approached the village he found unusual movements. Seeing the knights up ahead unpacking making tents, he marched forward feeling like something was poking his comfort zone.

 

"Little lady what's your name." The red head who seemed like a brute did a complete 180, showing his gentlemanly side to this pretty village girl. "My name is Gerald, a squire and the future captain of the royal knights." He leaned on the house smiling at this girl. Rosalina didn't know what to do, actually scared because of how fast he moved from that far away.

Just as he reached his hand forward.

*Thud

"Ouch!" He looked with anger to his left. He noticed a village boy with a hat who had his arms outstretched.

"John!" Rosalina eyes brightened seeing him.

"She's mine." John, who would always be lazy and quiet, was growling when he said that. With a clearly angered look.

 

Gerald glared at him. "Who's says that."

"I do." John looked at him with snake eyes.

Gerald thought for a moment before grinning. "Then you wouldn't be opposed to do a duel? Knight come here!" He pointed to one of the nearby knights. "Lend him your sword I will duel with this kid."

The knight had a worried expression. "Don't worry, we have Charles if I go too far." He pointed to the white robed kid. The knight reluctantly handed the sword over to the village boy.  "Know that I won't go easy on you!" Gerald swung the sword in the air, creating a deadly whoosh, showing his strength and skill.

John grabbing the sword, felt it was heavy. It almost touched the ground. Carrying it with both hands, he looked at the kid before him. Despite the heavy sword causing strain and hurting his arms, he felt some sort of connection to this weapon. As if his hands were meant to hold swords.

"With those slow movements you will lose in the first hit. I won't blame if you back down." Gerald sneered at him.

John stared at him. "When do we start?" Showing no signs of backing down.

Gerald "Right now!" He dashed forward with great speed and strength, swinging straight down.

Rosalina stared in fear, shouting. "John, dodge!" She looked as the sword descended with great speed. 

 

"Not dodging? I commend your bravery or stupidity."

*Dink

The sword that should've connected didn't hit flesh. Instead, it hit steel. Gerald had a puzzled expression wondering how did he defend himself. He clearly saw the boy's slow movements, yet despite that, he was able to defend on time. "You were just lucky! See how you can defend against this!" Gerald picked up the pace this time, striking with a two-pronged attack.

His specialty was his speed and accuracy. Capable of making it seem that he sent two attacks at the same time.

*Dink *Dink

Gerald paused seeing that it didn't connect once again. This time his arrogance and cockiness dissipated. He cooled down having a calm expression. This is the reason why the king had chosen him. Although he may seem arrogant, he knew how to focus at the right time, otherwise he wouldn't have been chosen to visit the elves.

"You. How did you block my attacks." Gerald looked at him with eyes of focus.

10