Chapter 2
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam walked down the streets in normal wear and tried to stay hidden. His long dark hair was up, and he had sunglasses and a mask on. No girls squealed at him, and he felt normal for once. He had to be careful though, one person knowing, and it would all fall apart. He was looking for Macy when he saw someone getting mad at their sibling. He looked and saw it was Macy yelling at someone who looked like her older brother,

"I told you to stay away from people and you go straight up to him?! Come on! You could have at least gone up to some NORMAL person!"

"I had! I was talking with someone then I got chased by a man and he stopped the man from kissing me!" The brother protested.

"Max, you need to learn to be more careful! If you, aren't I'm not allowing you to do this anymore."

"Macy, you have to. It's for your own good. I need to keep you away from that . . . man." Max said it with a snarl.

"I know you do but I'll be fine on my own, alright?" 

Adam had begun running away. Thoughts were running through his head, WHAT were they talking about? It was probably some other non-normal dude, right? Was that the same Macy? Was he seeing things? The only thing that stuck in his mind was the boy named Max. He was so handsome. He looked almost exactly like his sister but obviously a boy. He was slightly taller and had skinny features. Suddenly the thought of Max made him blush. Did he like a boy? 

He pushed it away and walked back to the castle where he locked himself back in his room and added a chair. He went to his bed and flopped down. He curled into a ball and sighed. A knock on his door made him jump.

"Yes?" He called out, making sure he wasn't the Emperor.

"Your majesty? It's me Macy."

"Macy? What are you doing here?"

"I ran away. Please let me in. The Emperor saw me and is looking for me." 

Adam went to the door and moved the chair, he unlocked the door and Macy rushed in just when a voice called out, "Oh little girl~" 

Adam shut, and locked the door again. He grabbed the chair and placed it there.

"Thank you!" Macy threw her arms around Adam, "God I really am thankful." She pulled away and looked Adam up and down. 

"Yeah it's fine. I've had to so it many times. I tend to forget the chair though . . ." He gulped.

"I'm sorry." She placed a gentle hand on Adam's shoulder. 

Adam shrugged and Macy took her hand off his shoulder. 

"So, do you have any sibilings?"

"That's random." 

"Answer the question Macy."

"A twin brother."

"What's his name?"

"Max." Macy's eyes traced Adam up and down.

"Alright . . ." 

A banging on the door made both of them jump.

"Little girl~!"

Adam glanced at Macy.

"Hide." He whispered.

Macy nodded then crept towards the bed. She crawled underneath.

Adam gulped before going over and moving the chair. 

"Little girl? Are you letting me in?"

Adam quietly stepped back. 

He heard someone fumble with keys then the door's lock slowly clicked.

The door slowly opened and in walked the Emperor.

"Oh, hello Adam~" The Emperor's words slured out in a none sober way.

"What do you want."

"The little girl~" He giggled.

"No."

"Oh?" Another giggle, "Guess you'll have to do then~!" 

"No! Get away from me!"

"But why~?"

"Cause I said so! Now back away!"

"Brave, are we?" The tone had turned hard but his voice was still slurred.

"Step away from him!" 

Macy jumped out and punched the Emperor hard in the face.

Adam just stood and watched in amazement. 

"Come on! Run!" Macy turned and darted towards the window.

She tugged at it but wasn't able to open it, instead she smashed the glass just as the Emperor was starting to wake up.

"Adam! Hurry!"

Adam quickly stopped staring and ran after Macy as she jumped out the now broken window.

"Fiesty, are we~?!" The Emperor laughed.

When Adam's feet hit the ground the first thing he did was look for Macy.

He saw her a couple feet away fixing her hair.

"Are you seriously fixing your hair RIGHT NOW?"

"Huh? Oh um yes. I'm a girl, aren't I?"

Adam didn't take notice to the question and quickly ran over to Macy.

He picked her up and began running.

"Put me down! I can walk for myself!"

"I'm faster. Plus you don't know your way around this place like I do."

"Ugh! Fine." Macy buried herself into Adam's chest.

Adam felt butterflies fill him as she did this but waved them off.

Macy suddenly yelped and pointed behind them, "He's so fast!"

"I know! I played tag with him my whole life!"

"You what?!"

"Nevermind."

"Is this just a game of tag to you now?!"

"My life's version, yes!"

"What's your life's version?!"

At this point they were just yelling back and forth to each other.

"That if you get tagged, you get raped!"

Macy didn't answer and she just stared at Adam, 

"How often did you play this game?"

"Every night before bed until I was about 16. That's when I would lock myself in my room and tell him I didn't want to play."

"You had to lock yourself in your room?"

"Yes! Now quit it with the questions."

Macy went quiet. 

Adam ran to a tree and quickly climbed up, 

"I've hid here before. Normally he doesn't find me."

"Normally?"

"Just be quiet." Adam put a hand over Macy's mouth.

They both were silent as they watched the Emperor get closer.

He looked around the area the searched places. He finally looked up and saw Adam and Macy.

"Found you~"

The two of them went higher up into the tree with the Emperor close behind them.

"Do you trust me?" Adam asked as they reached the top.

"No!"

"Well you're gonna have to trust me now! Get on my back!"

"Why?!"

"You want to be stuck here with him?!"

Macy quickly went onto Adam's back.

Adam grabbed hold of her legs then said, "Hold on tightly!" Then jumped off the top of the tall tree.

1