Chapter 3. My new teachers 1
37 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<<POV - Winfred>>

Yesterday I got the devastating news that I have to pass some entrance examination. I do not clearly know yet how, when and, what will be in the examination. I'm somewhat relieved to hear the butler say he will arrange tutors for me. Now it is time to eat the breakfast. 

-   -    -    -    - 

After I had hearty breakfast, I asked the butler. "when will be the tutors will be arriving?" 

He said "We have one teacher quite close to the castle. He might come today. I advice Young Master to take some Equestrian lessons from Old Mast, who is quite proficient in horse riding, living in the castle. Since if the incident from 3 months ago repeated, it would be great embarrassment as an Aristocrat. Others will have come from their respective territories, So it will take some time. I'm overjoyed that Young Master is looking forward to it."

I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just scared to my wits about the exam. It would be real relief if I got to know that exam was easy. I retorted within my head. In any event I need to learn how to ride a horse, I thought. Prior to advent of cars most people did depend on animals to ferry them from one place to the next. So I resolved myself to learn how to ride. 

"Where is Old Mast? In which time of the day I can learn to ride?" I asked the Butler. 

Hubert replied. "Young Master I will inform the Old Mast. You may wait in the courtyard. Your riding practice will be in the morning until the mid-day." 

-    -    -    -    -    -     -    - 

I waited in courtyard patiently. After some time has passed, Old Mast showed up. 

" Young Master, I shall do my utmost to teach you to ride Horses. If we can proceed, Let's get to know the horse you will be training with first." Old Mast didn't waist any time after he arrived. I nodded to his suggestion signalling him to do what he said. 

Old mast brought a horse. He said " Young Master, she is a mare which named shadowvil. I believe she is the best horse, as she has the best temperament among all the horses, to train you. Young master, please feed that hay over there to shadowvil." 

I love animals. I had a dog when I was growing up. Also, I grew in very rural area with lots of cattle and other animals, encountering small wild animals was not a rare occurrence. Thus I stepped out with all of the confidence in the world and picked up the hay. After picking up the hay, I moved toward the mare. As I got close to the mare my legs started to shake and each step I took became heavier and heavier until I came to snail pace. I could move forward with only my will, at this time I heard Old mast say "Don't get discouraged. It is normal for a person to fear any animal that knocked them unconscious. But fear not, this is not the horse that did it." 

2