Chapter 7.Return of the Count 1
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both Redmond Castle and The Redmond Mansion were decorated in anticipation of it's Lord coming back after a long expedition. Hubert told me that our side did win in the war against demons and we pushed them back quite far so much so that Ririn Empire even acquired new lands. This was the overwhelming victory for the human side and occasions like these warranted all the decorations and even festival like atmosphere currently in the air over the castle.

I asked Hubert when would exactly the army would be arriving at the castle. He replied "In the Afternoon Young Master". I inquired him whether I need to be welcoming them. "Young master, It would be most appropriate considering you are the only one from Redmond Household currently in the castle". He replied. 

"Huh, You said I have two mothers and sisters, Aren't they in the castle? If not, where are they?" I asked. 

"Young master, your sisters were in the capital for all these time. Your mother and step-mother were went to capital on some matters and Your mother will be returning with the army". He said. 

"Then aren't my step-mother and sisters coming back?" 

"Young master, There will be massive celebration held at the capital in a week. All the family members must go to capital as there will be a Royal Banquet and various handing down of medals of valor, rank and other achievements. Your mother is coming back because threr are some traditions have to be followed before The Count heads back to The Capital and your presence at the gates in order to welcome the army would be good thing". He insisted. I said to him upon seeing his eyes, which seemed to say do what I say please, "Alright, I'll be there." As he saw that I relented to his request he didn't say anything else other than he'll notify and send me a carriage. 

A little time before afternoon, while I was in the study, Hubert opened the door and said to me "Young master, your mother has returned to the mansion and she'll meet you in few minutes". I nodded to him in acknowledgement. After few moments has passed a gorgeous woman, who looked like in her early 30's entered the study. She had golden blond hair, wore a dress that western aristocrats wear in animes I watched but she had a peculiar yet familiar warmth and elegance to her.

"Do you recognise me Winfred?" she asked. 

"Not by memory" I answered. 

"The chief Butler told me about your memory loss. It's miracle that you woke up." As she was talking she slowly walked upto me and offered a hug by extending her arms. I didn't want to hurt a mother's feelings by rejecting it yet when she hugged me I felt strange warmth in my heart that told me that I was in the safest place in this world. She continued

"The Mother Goddess won't let down anyone who prays to her with pure heart. Your Recovery is testament to that". 

"Mother, I have healed completely in the past few days. Don't worry too much about me". I implored her. 

"I can't spend too much time with you right now. Today lunch is probably going to be a little late. Here, have this Honey cupcake". She gave me a couple of cupcakes. 

3