chapter 7:A brave new world.
161 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After cleaning up the mess that Ken so generously left on my back, I put him down in the living room with his toys and left him to check that the house was secure. By the time I was done, it was 10: 00 am. I went back to the living room to say bye to Ken before I left.

"Okay, ken ill be gone for a little bit. Be on your best behaviour" He completely ignored me as he watched the robot and the monster fight each other. I sighed and prepared to leave. Now when moving long distances through time and space, there are 2 things you have to keep in mind Where you will arrive and, most importantly, when you will arrive; you don't want to arrive at the correct location 400 years too late in that amount of time what you went there for could be gone. I walked away from Ken to give myself some space.

"Right, its been a while since I last did this"

I started to collect energy in my body, and when there was enough, I began to draw a large circle on the ground with my right hand. as I drew, a thin purple line followed my fingertips. Once the circle was complete, it pulsed with bright purple energy.

I turned to face Ken, and the toys, who had now stopped fighting and were watching me with great interest.

"See you all very soon."

I then snapped my fingers. My body got coated in purple energy as The floor started to ripple like when a drop of water hits a puddle, and then without warning, the floor suddenly lurched upwards and swallowed me whole; before I knew it, I was falling. I was falling in an inky dark void that somehow managed to be both hot and cold. I kept on falling until I could see a bright white light. I orientated myself so that I was facing my head toward the light. The light got brighter and brighter until it completely enveloped me. And just as quick as it came, the light disappeared, and I found myself standing in a  grass clearing.

I felt a bit dizzy, and it took me a few moments to get my bearings. "I really need to practice that more" I looked up towards the bright green sky with a smile.

"Yep, this looks like the right place. 7 suns, one of which is bright blue" I took a deep breath, "And an atmosphere that is 50 per cent oxygen, 25 per cent nitrogen and 15 per cent…. Helium?"

 That last part is a bit weird, but this looks like the place I was aiming for, planet Pike. The last time I was here was a couple of thousand years ago; back then, it was a planet full of just animals, no forms of intelligent life, one of which was very similar to a chicken. I had meant to check back to see if any intelligent life had developed. This looked like a good opportunity to do so. I walked around the clearing. I was surrounded by trees, but they had bright yellow tree bark and bright pink leaves. I wanted to look at the trees more, but I remembered I was here to do something. I snapped my fingers, and a pair of purple wings sprouted from my back. I stretched them a little bit to make sure they were sturdy, and then with one mighty flap, I took off into the sky. I sored into the sky at great speed.

"THIS IS SO MUCH FUN"

I love this just flying through the sky without a single care in the world. I flapped my wings to slow down and continued to flap them until I was gently hovering in the air. All around me, I could see a forest that extended for what seemed like forever; there were all sorts of different trees ranging from blue to white.

"No messing around; we have lots to do here", and without a further word, I started flying south.

*Sometime later*

"Oh, come on, there has to be someone on this damned planet." I had been flying for a few hours now and was still in the forest. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty to look at, but seeing the same sight Over and over again gets old very quickly. I wanted to give up and go home until I saw smoke in the distance.

"CIVILISATION FINALLY"

I flew at breakneck speed to the smoke, but when I got there, all I found was pure devastation. All around me were the charred remnants of what looked like a village. The air was dense with thick grey smoke. The smoke was dotted with bright orange embers that seemed to be endless; the ground was covered with pure white ash. I dove to the ground as fast as I could, hoping I could find something, but there was nothing at all. I walked around the village, town? I don't know; there was not much left here. I checked the houses for anything, some form of sign that someone lived there but nothing. I walked around the town for a few more minutes, trying to figure out what caused this. I entered a shop, and on the floor, there was a charred little doll burnt beyond recognition. All I could see was that it had one eye. I stuffed the dol into my pocket and prepared to leave, but just before I left, a blood-curdling wail went all over the village. And before I could even think about it, I took off and was flying towards the scream.

*******

*Somewhere among the chaos…*

"Come, we need to run now!"

She tried to move her leg, but it was useless.

"I can't. I think it's bro-"She stopped midsentence, and her face suddenly went several shades lighter.

"B-b-b behind you"

I slowly turned around and was met with a colossal beast covered in black fur. The beast had 2 heads both filled with razor-sharp teeth like one of the heads had some sort of green gas flowing out from the gaps in its mouth. I gulped and looked around for some sort of weapon. From the corner of my eye, I saw a large splinter of wood that was long to use as a makeshift spear. I slowly edged backwards towards it. The beast took small steps to keep me in range. I kept my eyes locked on the crazed animal. I knew the moment I looked away; it would have me. I kept walking back until I felt my feet step onto the splinter. Once I was over, I slowly went down and picked it up, making sure to keep eye contact. Why hadn't this beast attacked me yet? It could have had me, yet it hasn't. Am I that much of a joke that it's letting me get a weapon? The thought was very vexing, but getting angry wouldn't help me right now. I held the spear and kept it squarely pointed at the creature. It just continued to eye me up. I need a way out of this. I need to get to the others there; we will be safe. Kept my spear squarely pointed at the beast as I thought of a way ou

"Please get us out of here im…Im scared," she said through tears.

"It's okay, I wo" it was at that moment the beast lunged at me. I ready the wooden spear closed my eyes, and stuck it forward. A loud scream came from the beast. I opened my eyes, and the beast was several feet away from me, and there was a thick black fluid flowing from its eye.

"HA. Not so much of a joke now, am I" I yelled.

The beast tried to open its injured eye, but it gave up, choosing just to keep it closed. It looked at me with extreme malice. I shivered as I felt all its anger was directed at me. I readied my spear to attack again. But this time, the beast kept its distance. Damn, why did it have to be intelligent. The beast suddenly opened one of its heads, and thick green gas shot out from its mouth and covered my sister and me. The gas had a putrid smell that made my eyes and nostrils burn. I could hear my sister coughing and spluttering behind me. I dropped the spear as I used both hands to cover my noes. Suddenly a loud clicking noise came from the direction of the beast. I looked towards it, and through the thick green gas, I could see a bright yellow flash. I don't know what it was doing, but I knew it wasn't good. I tried to pick up the makeshift spear, but the gas made it difficult to do so. DAMN.

"Sis, I'm sorry. I don't think we're going to make it."

I heard her choke up a bit. Damn, why am I so useless. I backed up towards her, so the least I could do was be by her side. I held her hand, and we both closed our eyes and braced for the worst. Suddenly I was slammed by a gust of air strong enough to nearly blow me away. I opened my eyes and looked up. In front of me stood a creature with white hair wearing a dark outfit with wings on her back.

She turned around and looked at me with 2 bright blue eyes and smiled.

"Luckily, I made it in time. Now you to rest up. I'll handle it from here."

And she turned back to face the creature.

 

Announcement
big chappy today. this was meant to release last week, but it's been hard to work because it's so damn hot. anyway I hoped you enjoyed this chapter

 

4