Chapter 2
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I pulled up across the street from the club, Sanity Fall, and put the car in park. It's a great place to get drunk, listen to music, and hang out with all sorts of people. However you definitely won't see football players here. Its a club for those who prefer loud, emotional, screaming music. Max and I got out of the car and walked into the alley where the back entrance was. We walked in and were welcomed by blasting music. Sounded like a cover band was playing because I doubt Jimmy Eat World would play in such a small place. Max and I split up. He went to get drinks and I went to find the rest of our friend group. I weaved through the tight crowd as multi-colored strobe lights messed with my eyes. But after a few seconds my eyes adjusted and I was able to find Kenny. Kenny was a tall Japanese dude with long hair and a goatee. We are both 6’2” but he was two years older than me. He moved here from Japan six years ago where I met him in high school. We kind of corrupted the sweet little boy by exposing him to our alternative culture.

“Gabe! I was wondering when you'd show up. Is Max here as well?” Kenny shouted over the crowd.

“Yeah he’s getting drinks.” I followed Kenny to a circle booth table where Kat, Desmond, Abby, and Henry sat. The rest of our friend group.

“Oh my god hey Gabe! We were just thinking that you and Max weren't going to make it.” Kat said. Kat had bright pink hair with matching circle glasses which she put cherry blossom charms on. She was shorter than everyone else too. I sat down next to Desmond, the emo with electric yellow hair who always did his makeup like he was Andy Biersack or something.

“Get lost in the forest?” Desmond asked me

“Almost. I could have been turned into a werewolf or something tonight.”

“Ugh did that dog come back?” Abby asked “If it comes back make sure you call pest control. It could be seriously hurt, or have rabies.” Addy was the goth veterinarian student. Who owned three small snakes and a black cat named Loki.

“Yeah I guess, but being a werewolf sounds better.” I said sarcastically. Max came back and handed me a monster energy drink and I handed him the car keys.

“Sorry man, you're the driver tonight.” He said fist bumping Desmond.

“Hey Max, you texted me saying those creeps came back.” Henry said, holding up his phone.

“Yeah, I've been thinking about setting up a security camera just in case.” Max said, sitting down across from me. Everyone agreed and many conversations followed after. The band that was performing was now doing a cover of Panic at the Disco’s High Hopes. I got up to go dance. I love Panic's music but Brandon Uri is a dick so I only listen to his music on Spotify and refuse to buy merchandise from him. I walked onto the crowded dance floor and started dancing the best I could. Max is a horrible dancer and I beat him every dance battle we have. I wasn't paying attention and I danced right into someone.

“Oh god, I'm sorry man.” I quickly apologized to who I ran into.

“Don't mention it.” He said. I could sorta make out what this person looked like. He was my height and skinny like me. His hair was all black and his bangs covered one of his eyes. And he had snake bite piercings. Wait a second, his eyes were strange. His eyes were yellow and the pupils were slits just like a cat.

“Dude cool ass contacts!” I complemented this stranger.

“Thanks, cool shirt.” He pointed to my mesh black and white undershirt with a Pierce the Veil shirt overtop it. “Hot Topic?” He asked 

“Yeah” I laughed “What's your name?” I asked him

“Luke. You?”

“Gabriel.”

“That's a cool name! Wanna go smoke?” Luke reached into his pocket and pulled out a box of cigarettes. Normally I'd say no but my cheeks flushed red and my heart started beating faster than normal. Luke was pretty damn cute.

 “Sure. Just let me go tell my friends.” I started to turn around but Luke put his hand on my shoulder.

“Dude it's fine, it's just a smoke break. You’ll be back before you know it.” I was unsure about this but I listened to my feelings rather than my brain. I nodded and followed Luke to the back door that led out into a different part of the alley. He handed me a cigarette and I leaned up against the brick wall. Striking my Rengoku themed lighter, I breathed in the chemicals. Luke lit his cigarette with his own lighter. It was getting kind of awkward. I didn't say anything, Luke didn't say anything, we just stood there smoking. But I could see in the corner of my eye that he would turn to look at me every once in a while.

“You got that studded belt from Hot Topic too?” Luke asked. Finally the awkward silence was over!

“Yeah.” I responded. “You get that choker from Hot Topic?”

“Spencer's. Where did you get your ear gauges? Luke asked. My gauges were 22mm that looked like black gems. What the fuck was this conversation? We were just talking about clothes.

 “Etsy. And if you're going to ask, the skinny jeans are from Kohls, and the flannel around my waist is from Ragstock.” I replied with a little chuckle, I took another puff of smoke and blew it out thru my nose, keeping the cigarette in my mouth as I put my hands in my pockets. I look towards Luke who had thrown his cigarette on the ground. He didn't even finish it. He took a step off the wall and walked right in front of me.

“I think you'd look pretty cool with contacts like mine.” Luke took a step towards me until he was toe to toe with me. I nervously looked to my left, then to my right, I was pinned in. But god fucking damn it Luke was hot. My stomach started feeling funny as he reached his hand out and took the cigarette right from in between my lips with two fingers. He threw it on the ground and took one more small step towards me. I stared into his eyes, my mouth slightly open, my heart racing like a rocket. Luke’s hands moved down and pulled my hands out of my jean pockets. He snaked his hands on either side of my skinny waist. And as if we could read each other's minds we launched at each other. His lips met mine with such force my back slammed into the cold brick wall. My hands reached up to Luke’s face as we pulled each other closer to one another. Without warning his tongue slipped into my mouth. I could taste corona beer and a hint of cool ranch Doritos. He pulled on my belt pushing my pelvis into his. I felt his hands slowly go into my pants. I quickly reached down, grabbed his wrist and pulled away from him. Luke looked quite surprised.

“What's wrong?” He asked, looking very confused.

“I-I'm sorry. I don't really, um.” I stuttered trying to think of how to explain my situation.

“You trans?” He asked. “If you are that cool, you're still a guy to me.” I shook my head

“No I'm not trans, I'm just, uh.” a nervous laugh escaped my mouth.

“You're a virgin?!” Luke asked quite loudly. There were other people in the alley and I suddenly became very embarrassed.

“Shhhh! Not so loud. I-I'm just not quit ready yet.” I moved my hands up to cover my face. It was a fact that I wasn't very proud of. I peeked through my fingers to look at Luke’s expression. His mouth dropped slightly and both his eyebrows were raised.

“You must be a fucking saint then. A guy with your looks. Where the hell did you learn how to use your tongue like that?” His words made me laugh.

“You don't want to know.”

“Well now you say that I'm even more curious.” Luke stepped back and leaned up against the wall next to me. “Why don't we head back to my place and you can tell me all about your nonexistent sex life. You seem pretty cool, I'd like to get to know you better.” I laughed again at Luke’s words.

“Let me go ask my friends. I'm not drinking because I have to drive home.” Luke nodded

“I’ll wait here for your answer.” I smiled at him before rushing inside. The band had stopped to take a break so Destroya by MCR was blasting. I sang along as I walked over to my friends still at the table.

“Oi Gabe, where were you? I lost track of you on the dancefloor.” Max said, taking a sip of his beer.

“Hey is there any way you can get a ride home from someone else tonight?” I asked him

“Are you ditching me? You've never done this before.” Max took a seconded to think “Oh my fucking god is my little virgin boy finally going to go stick his dick in someone.” I panicked and threw my hand over his mouth.

“Shut up! We're just going to hang out!” I said. Max stuck his tongue out and his saliva touched the palm of my hand. I quickly pulled my hand away and wiped it on his shoulder.

“Yeah Max, you don't know what you're talking about. Gabe is totally a bottom, so he’s getting it.” Desmond said patting me on the back.

“You guys don't even know if it's a guy!” Kate snapped at them.

“Hell yeah Gabe! I'm so proud of you” Abby raised her glass to me. “Don't worry I’ll take care of Max. I haven't had any alcohol tonight so I’ll take him home. Harry, can you follow us so you can take me home after I drop Max off?” Harry nodded to Abby then turned to me.

“Use protection.” He said to me with a wink.

“Ugh were not going to have sex!” I said rolling my eyes

“Is he cute?”

“Do we know them?”

“Don't do coke or any hard ass drugs.”

“Don't let him give you a tattoo.”

“Call me if there's an emergency.”

“Remember to say no if you're uncomfortable.” They rambled on but I really didn't want to keep Luke waiting.

“Ok I got it bye.” I waved to them. I knew they were messing around with me for the most part. I was the only one in the group who has never been a serious relationship. The three that I have had only lasted under six months. I cant count the number of times my friends have tried to set me up with someone. 

“Oi!” Max then threw something at me which I caught. I opened my hands to see it was a condom. “Seriously no STDs that shit sucks.” I put the condom in my back pocket and walked away. And from over the loud music I could still hear them lecturing me. I walked across the establishment to the back door. I opened it, looked to my left, no Luke. I look to my right, there he is. I stepped outside and walked over to him and gave him a thumbs up.

“My car’s just around the corner at the end of the alley. Shall we?” I nodded, put my hands in my pockets as I walked beside Luke.

0