Chapter – 36 Going home
272 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"I'm finally back, and it feels like it."

When I arrived at my house and opened the front door, I was greeted by a nostalgic smell. It's only been a week, but I feel like I've been out longer because of everything that's happened. It seems slightly dusty, but I will give myself a day off tomorrow to clean this up.

We arrived in the evening around eight o'clock, at the royal capital. After handing over the captured attackers at the entrance and completing the verbal report and formalities, we moved into the castle, parted with the queen and co. on the way, went shopping for dinner, and came back home.

"Why is the prince following me?"

How many times had I asked this question? For some reason, the prince did not return to the castle, but followed me shopping. He left his horse with the knights.

The people in the market made a lot of assumptions and said a lot of unnecessary things to me because I usually shop alone on foot and the prince followed me. For example

"Oh my is he a nice guy, Sakura? Oh my, you're a good-looking guy. You're pretty good looking too, Sakura-chan."

Or,

"Oh, are you shopping with your boyfriend today? I'll give you a free meal, so let your boyfriend eat something tasty."

Or,

"Oh, my, oh, my, is this the boyfriend of Sakura-chan you've been hearing so much about? Oh? If you look closely, he looks like the second prince......, but that can't be right. You know what? If you make Sakura-chan cry, we won't be happy about it."

And so on and so forth. Why does everyone think the prince is my boyfriend? He might just be an acquaintance....... Thanks to him, I have more ingredients.

The prince is also a prince, he always replies to such a shopkeeper without denial, saying "Thank you" or "Of course, I will treasure her" or something that encourages misunderstandings....... I am not so sure that he is mistaken.

But

Even though were engaged to be married, it is still in the provisional stage. Even if that is not the case, the prince is the second prince and I am just a commoner. It is not so easy even if we both agree to it. I think we should keep quiet now and not spread rumors without any reason, in order to avoid any unwanted interference.

I glared at the prince, and for some reason he looked around. I looked around, but there is nothing here because we are in a house......? Just as I thought that, I was pulled by a strong force and it went completely dark in front of me. It was the time of day when the sun was beginning to set, and it was dark to begin with because I was in a house with no lights on, but now I couldn't see anything. After a little while, my eyes adjusted and I realized that the prince was holding me in his arms by the breathing I could hear above my head.

"W-w-w-what!?"

Without warning, I was in a state of sudden panic. But the answer I received from the prince was something I had never even imagined.

"Eh? Sakura look at me with upturned eyes, so I just assumed you wanted me to hug you....... "

Haaah? Who, when, and whom did you stare upward?

When I told him, failing to wrap it up in an oblivious manner, the prince said with a puzzled look on his face.

"No, because we were finally alone together....... Besides, your eyes looked moist. ......"

No, that's a mistake. I don't think they are moist. It just looked that way because it was dark. It was just the light or something.

"What, I thought Sakura was the same way....... Well, I was mistaken. ......"

The sight of his shoulders slumped in dejection made me wonder if I had said a little too much. I think. Hmmm, well, he is my fiancée albeit unofficial, and I was so flabbergasted at the villa that I didn't have time to calm down. I can't help it at all.

"If it's just for a little while, it's fine, okay?"

Yes, I don't want to do it outside, but here it's out of the public eye. I don't really want to do it. I don't want to do it, but the prince is depressed, so I have no choice, you know?

"What? Is it okay?"

"Just a little bit, you know? Don't make it too hard, okay? It hurts."

"Nn, Ahh okay"

Saying that, the prince's hands slowly took hold of me this time.

After a few minutes, maybe less than a minute, I was separated from him.

"That's it."

"Eh? Just a little more, all right?"

"No. I haven't prepared anything today. We'll be late for supper, okay? Come on, we have to get ready. Help my prince out once in a while, won't you?"

I slip past the prince's outstretched hand and head for the kitchen with my luggage.

Well, what shall we cook today? I don't have much time, so it will be something simple, but maybe an...... omelette? Since we just got back, we don't have any bread in stock, so I guess I could cut up some black bread and put it in the soup.

Thinking about the menu in my head, I returned to my daily routine, which was a little different from usual.

Sorry for long Hiatus here it is dual chap to hold things down

6