Chapter – 41 Security Mid-Day
176 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second day was uneventful, and the third day.

As on the second day, I enter the store before 6:00 p.m. and have a short chat with the ladies who are getting ready before getting to work.

Today is my first patrol and I am out on the road, so I spend the time until then talking with Gordon-san and Muscle-san. I have heard over the past two days that Muscle-san has a wife and a child.

His children are still small and cute, and he was much more talkative than usual when he talked about his family. The reason why Muscle-san is working as a brothel guard is that he was originally an adventurer, but when he got married and was looking for a safer job than an adventurer, he was introduced to the job by a former client of his.

Gordon-san was injured during the commission, and the injury made it difficult for him to carry out the kind of commission that requires him to go on expeditions, such as to defeat the enemy. At that time, he was introduced to another security guard who is now back home, and he started working here.

Incidentally, brothel security is safer than working as an adventurer and pays a fixed salary, so even if you don't get rich quick like an adventurer, you can make a decent living.

And since it is forbidden by law to touch a lady, there are no complaints from people like Muscle who are married or have a girlfriend. In fact, the hours when the brothel is open are the hours of work, so there is no time to go to those stores, and it is said to be much safer than other jobs.

It was time to go out and make my rounds, and during my rounds, I met a friend of mine who was working at "another job where his wife or girlfriend did not feel safe".

"Huh? Takahashi-san?"

He is Mr. Takahashi, a former hero who was summoned to this world as a hero by the Soutinsu Kingdom, and who in the past where he was tricked into attempting the lives of me and the royal family of the Sobule Kingdom. When he found out that he had been tricked and was about to be killed, he was saved by the prince, and now he works for the Kingdom of Sobule as a knight.

He may have originally had black eyes and black hair, but he now has blonde hair and golden eyes, perhaps due to the influence of his summoning. I am filled with a sense of discomfort because he has a Japanese face. Well, I have known him for a long time, so I have gotten used to it.

"Eh? Fujino-san....."

How rude. That's the first thing you say when you meet a young and enchanting girl?

"What a coincidence!"

"Ah, yes, that's right......."

In fact, this neighborhood is lined with upscale stores. I never expected to meet someone I know in such an area.

By the way, even though it is an area of high-end stores, it does not mean that even the passage of traffic is restricted. Even if you don't have money, it's free to just pass through, and it's possible that people who want to catch a glimpse of the ladies in the high-end stores may wander around.

"Ah, why are you in this place, Fujino-san?"

"It's my job. I'm guarding a store at the request of the guild."

I pointed toward "La Mole"

"Keh, it's a super high-class store!"

Oh, so you know about it. It is indeed the best store in the capital.

"What about you, Takahashi-san?"

Well, since we are in a place like this, we don't have many options.

"Eh? N-no, I'm not like that......"

As I expected, he stuttered as his gaze wandered. Takahashi-san, then it's as if you're answering just by not saying anything.

"Well, it's a place like this, so I can imagine without asking."

"Uu...."

"Don't worry about it. It is natural for a man to be interested in such things."

I think it is inevitable that men go to brothels. There is a demand, so there is a supply. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world, and it's a business, so it's not right to blame men who go there as customers. I think it is better than suppressing them than making them commit crimes.

"W-Wait a minute. Today I was invited by a senior and had no choice but to follow him, but I usually don't......"

"I know I know. So don't worry about it."

"No, you don't understand, do you? You don't understand the way you say that!"

"No, no, I understand, okay? So have fun!"

For some reason, Takahashi-san is desperately trying to make excuses, but there is nothing to worry about. Takahashi-san is a healthy man and at the age of 20, he is at the most active stage of his life. I don't think it's surprising that he goes to these stores and moreover, if he doesn't have a girlfriend or a fixed person, there is no problem.

In fact, I hear that knight is the second most popular occupation for brothels after adventurer. I don't know if it's because they get excited by fighting, or if it's to relieve fatigue, or if they have a strong male instinct. However, I was told by the lady at the brothel that there are many people who come to the entertainment district, though I don't know if it is because knight's wages make it impossible for them to go to high-class establishments.

For a while after that, Takahashi-san was desperately saying that it was a misunderstanding, but I was in the middle of my work, so I just nodded my head and we parted. As we parted, Takahashi-san mumbled something to me, but I couldn't hear what he said.

"I'm back. Everything is fine outside."

When I returned to the security office after my patrol, Mr. Muscle, who had been patrolling inside the store, had already returned. It seemed that more time had passed than I thought.

"Oh, you're late. We were just talking about going to see how things are going if you don't come back in a little while."

"Uh, I ran into someone I know, and we were just talking a little bit."
I'm glad I didn't have to put in too much effort. Muscle-san will have no problem, but Gordon-san seems to be noisy.

"Heh, what's that? is he a nice guy, young lady?"

What did he misunderstand from my response?

"No, it's not. he is from my hometown and is now a member of a knighthood. According to him, he was invited by his seniors to come here. I wonder if he is in a store somewhere by now."

"What the hell, you should have brought him to this shop."
"With the knight's salary, this shop would be impossible. Once you come, most of your salary will be gone, right?"

The actual price is also high because "La Mole" is a high-class store. I do not know how much knights are paid, but I heard that the monthly salary of a commoner is about 10,000 gorsh, and the price of this store is about 8,000 gorsh for the cheapest sister. I hear that knights are paid a little more than commoners, so even if we assume 12,000 gorsh, more than half of it will disappear.

Incidentally, the best prostitute in this store is said to be the demon-breasted sister we met on the first day. I heard that her fee would be 20,000 gorsh per night.

When I heard that, I honestly could not believe my ears. Because she was that naturally misunderstood sister, right? It's true that those demonic tits are going to make men fall in love with her, but.......

"If you know a knight, why don't you just get him to introduce you to someone from there and get married quickly? I heard that promising knights are popular marriage partners. Oh, sorry, sorry. Is this a little too much for you, young lady?"

Hmmm. It's as if you are saying that I have nothing to do with relationships. In fact, I used to think so myself until a while ago. But now I have a fiancée, even if only temporarily. I won't take such a cheap provocation, will I? Well, I know that if I told people that I have a fiancée, they would make fun of me, so I won't say it.

But that smirk of his is disgusting, so I'll say a few words back.

"What about you, Gordon-san rather than others? You must have a wonderful girlfriend since you talk like that, don't you?"

"Gghh......, that's..."

As expected, Gordon was at a loss for words. The same rough work is done by the country's own people, but it's not the same thing. Even if it is the same kind of rough work, it is not the same as being a knight whose status is guaranteed by the state. Naturally, there are probably only a few women who would willingly follow a man whose future is unclear. This is different from Muscle-san, who originally decided to get married while he was an adventurer and then changed jobs. It would be different if he were as solid and trustworthy as Muscle-san.

The day passed by with Gordon-san teasing and being teased.

3