Epilogue
325 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm now seven months pregnant, and it shows on my big tummy. Where on Earth women need nine months to carry their child to term, Shalna women only need seven. My doctor has scanned me this morning and decided that today would be the day. A nurse, Estha, would take care of me and would help me to deliver my child.

Of course I shouldn't forget to say that I most adamantly refused requests from well known Earth doctors to be present at birth. I also managed to avoid the president's request to appear on TV so far.

Nothing I read could have prepared me for what happened to me today. My nose was now colored deep blue and a continuous sneezing was apparently a normal indicator that the little one was about to come out. 

Taegen is waiting outside on my request, I can't have anyone else around me at the moment.
Luckily the pain medication is quite advanced, so I don't feel any noticeable pain, only some discomfort.
After having been told to push for a billion times, the sound of a crying baby could be heard.

"Awww, congratulations Ayanna. She is a healthy girl," the nurse said.

I smiled and said "Amara," but then I felt so tired and suddenly lost consciousness. I was only told the following part much, much later.

"Ayanna? " the doctor said, then shouting across the hallway "I need a doctor! Emergency!"

 

After an emergency scan, they discovered that my pregnancy combined with recent high stress levels had caused a major blood vessel in my brain to constrict, causing my condition. There is no medi-pod on Earth yet, so I needed emergency treatment. They said something like "the blood vessel in my brain was widened by an automated repulsor beam," thus saving my life. Whatever, only the result counts, right?

When I wake up, I have a splitting headache. One of those that makes you throw up if you don't lie down immediately, so that is what I did. I didn't have the strength to call anyone.

Then the door slowly opened and I heard a female voice almost whispering "are you awake?"

"Yes, what happened?" I whispered. I don't know why I whispered, but people somehow always answer a whisper with another whisper. 

Then the nurse walks around the bed, so I can look at her, she shows a warm smile. She says "you were in surgery, but you are going to be fine, I promise. The doctor will explain later."

"Thank you, Estha."

"Are you ready for some visitors?"

"Only if you can give me something against this headache."

She injected something in my neck, and I felt better in an instant. 

"Better?"

"MUCH better. Thanks."

"Good, but you are still recovering so they can only be in here for a short while, understand?"

"Yes sir!" I said, mischievously.  

The nurse smiled and motined someone to come inside.
First, Taegen enters the room with my little one carefully in his arms. 

"Look who is awake, Amara. That is your mommy!" Taegen said.

Aww, I wouldn't miss this for the world. She is so small..

The nurse helps me to sit up properly and puts some pillows behind my back. An advanced civilization and some things just never change, they still use pillows. 

Taegen then gently hands her over to me. She is in my arms now. Her beautiful deep blue eyes are locked onto mine, aww, she is so cute.

Then someone knocks on the door, and I nod to allow them to enter.

"Hi Ayanna! Congratulations!" It is the president!

He brought a little teddy bear for my little one and a Mickey Mouse shaped balloon too. 

"Aww, Mr. President..Thank you!"

"How many times do I have to remind you to just call me Ben. Only god knows how much you have done for us already."

"Well, I think I will never get used to that. But I'll try. Thanks Ben."

"How are you doing Ayanna?"

"I am very tired, but also very happy."

"Of course. What is her name?" Ben asked.

"Taegen and I decided to choose Amara if we would have a baby girl."

"Alright everyone, I'm afraid that mother and daughter need some time to recover. Besides, the little one is hungry," Estha said.

 

 

Two years have already passed and Amara now has a younger brother, called Ascal. Ben always calls him little rascal, because this one definitely has inherited some of Taegens naughty genes.

Our family is now present at one of the most important events in Earth's history. 
Earth has worked hard towards a global government, focusing on peace, fair trade and equality.
With some unofficial help from friends, hunger is now no longer an issue on Earth.

Today the Earth has fulfilled the necessary criteria to be allowed membership in the Empire. And of course, Earth has indeed chosen to join.

Many friends are here, including the former President, Ben. The Admiral is here too, as are the former ambassador David and some special guests.

You see, Ahmed is here too today. All events were set in motion because of his little mishap with two seemingly innocent hydrogen atoms. He has matured a bit since that day I met him on the USS Portland. 
But as I swore, I would have my revenge. And my friends knew that I was about to prank Ahmed.

I am dressed in uniform today, as I am here in my official capacity as the ambassador to Earth. I walked to Ahmed and saw that he was a bit nervous, good!

"Hi Ahmed. Long time no see."

"Eh...have we met before?"

"No, but we monitored your communications on that special day. Don't touch anything here, or you might attract more aliens!" I said in an assertive tone.

"Yes, ma'am!" 

"At ease, Ahmed. Just Ayanna will do. You are not enlisted,"  I said with a huge grin on my face.

"Oh my god, you remind me of..what was he called...yeah...Mark Chapman."

"Really? Never met him. Well, I am here for revenge on behalf of the crew of the Portland."

Ahmed begins to sweat. "Re..revenge? Why?"

"Our recordings show that you were the one responsible for screwing up the experiment. There's someone here who would like to talk to you."

"M...me?"

I looked at Taegen and nodded. Then the door opened, revealing one giant Groknac lizard entering the room. But not just any Groknac, no, this is their Chieftain. This is the man who first appeared in my vision, warning me about the incoming alien ships. And the day we would meet again? That is today. I was able to convince him to play a little scare game with Ahmed, and the Chieftain was all in for a game.

"Oh my god! Noo!! What is that?" Ahmed shouted. All others pretended to be scared and moved away from Ahmed, while Chieftain Zask stepped towards Ahmed. 

"Ahmed. Zask," Zask said. Zask is at least twice the size of poor Ahmed here.

Ahmed fell to the floor, shivering and begging for mercy. 

"Alright Chieftain, the people of Earth have had their revenge, thank you. Ahmed, dude, you were pranked. It is safe. Get up already."

"Did she call me dude?" A surprised, still shivering Ahmed said.

Seriously, that is the first thing Ahmed says? 

"Ladies and gentlemen. May I introduce the honorable Chieftain of the Aligned Groknac. Thanks to the efforts of him and his people, we now have peace in our little part of the galaxy.
May the Aligned Groknac's and Earth's admission to the Empire on the same day bring everlasting peace and prosperity to all." I said with a big smile.

People shouted "Hear hear!"

Then the current president of the newly formed Earth government speaks. 
"May our precious friendship last forever!"

The Admiral then says "May our goddess smile on the new additions to our family."

Finally, Chieftain Zask said very slowly, carefully remembering the words, "Groknac speak telepathically. This speech difficult, but try. Memorized have. May Rihena, Goddess of the land, One of the universe bless our union forever. Perhaps little Ahmed now come home with me."

We all had a good laugh, except for Ahmed who ran off as fast as he could. Call it revenge completed.

Then the Admiral turned to me and said "Eh, Ayanna...am I imagining things or is your nose really blue?"

"Oh goddess....Taegen!!!"

Taegen ran towards me and embraced me. Then he whispered in my ear:
"I love you and your blue nose. May the goddess smile on us forever." 

Then we kissed passionately, not caring who was present here, until I heard a loud 
"aawwwwwwwww."

I looked at the source of the sound and only now saw that we had a live connection to the Galactic Council, where every representative of the individual worlds was watching Taegen and me kissing only moments ago.
Then I blushed, and leaned forward, pushed the off button, and we continued our kiss in peace. 

ȶɦɛ ɛռɖ

Final chapter: Extra: CNN interview.  Thank you very much for reading my story! 🥳  

17