Chapter 11 – Brick By Brick(They All Fall Down)
94 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ava what did I say about going after Brick?! What if he found you? Youuu-" Mom angrily scolded me, holding back tears. 

"Seyu's right Ava that was dangerous but nows not the time to scold, thats for later! Now we need to work out how we're going to save her." Koko resounded, shes so mature at times like this. Thanksss Koko~ Please don't scold me though.

"Stake out the house until nightfall and sneak in through the window." I plainly declared.

"And if the windows locked?" Mom retorted.

"Break it."

"Oi. Thats a little too obvious for a stealth mission Ava." 'Stop retorting me mom.'

"What if we got Ayla to help? Maybe she can even get John to help, they seemed close." Koko naively spoke. Although maybe she had a point, John did come across a little tsun. Stockholm syndrome? Could be it.

Nodding to myself, we settled on splitting up to put our detailed plan into action. Me and Mom snuck into a tree to survey the manor whilst Koko went for backup. The sun started to set, we'd already seen the barbarian come and go so we knew the only person inside was chance. Weird theres no servants around, maybe thats because of his illicit activity though. It was at this time that Koko, Ayla and John could be seen down the street.

"Wow it worked, even Johns here." I said, an octave higher in shock.

"Hopefully he's here to help and not hinder." Mom shot back. I didn't like it but her point was valid, he did tell us to stay away from them.

We jumped down to meet them, as it turns out John was here to help! With a master plan consisting of John and Ayla distracting Chance, whilst me, mom and Koko snuck inside. Nothing complex but I was happy for the help. Quickly getting into place we began our secret mission - Reverse Bunnynapping. 

*knock knock knock*

"Who is it? What is it? I'm a busy man, do you know what time it is? What do you wantttt?!" Screamed out an exasperated Chance. 

"Woah woah woah there Mr. Quill! We're here for you after all, John here has informed me" Ayla dramatized

"Interrogated." John inserted bluntly.

"Enlightened me to the knowledge that, you sir! Are single!"

*bllrgh* he spat out his wine.

Leaving the daring duo to their task, we snuck in through the very unlocked window, told you mom. There really was nobody in this place. From the conversation I had overheard between Chance and the merc, Asty should be 'downstairs'. As quietly as we could, we snuck down the stairs and searched each room, the faint screams of Chance could be heard outside as he berated our comrades. Good going guys! Giving a thumbs up to no one in particular, I found myself facing a set of stairs going down. Gathering everyone, we made our way downwards.

Reaching the basement, a snow white floppy eared bunnykin laid chained up, adjscent to the wall. Unable to hold myself back, I launched myself towards her.

"Pssst, Asty! Asty!" I whispered, placing one hand behind her back and the other resting on her cheek. Slowly lifting her up. Stirring from her sleep, her eyes shot wide, tears are starting to form and she choaked out a single word.

"Ava." 

"I'm here Asty, we're gonna get you out of here." I quietly comforted her. Nodding back to me while I used my claws to break the chains.

"Well, well, well, look what the bunny dragged in, two cats and a dog." The low booming voice of a certain bulky bastard came out from behind us. Seems there was a secret entrance to this place, how crude. 

"Sorry to interrupt your little moment but none of you are leaving this place. Actually you've saved me a lot of time, we needed some more merchandise for the trip." Brick cheekily stated, a wide, vile grin on his face. His eyes wide with ill thoughts. 

Mom slides in front of us, taking point.

"Listen up, we run the first chance we get, got it?" Mom quickly asserted. 

"Right!" Koko replied, taking up position as she begins to cast a spell.

"Hoho little mage I'm afraid not."

Brick flies forward, faster than I could ever expect that lump of muscles to move. His pace takes mom by surprise as she's caught flat footed by the side of his axe, brushing her aside. 

"MOM!" I cried out, however she's only lightly injured on the floor.

Seeing the second axe swinging down towards Koko, I spring into action. I don't know if I have the strength to fight this guy head on, so I use both feet to drop kick the side of his axe before it could reach Koko. Spinning as I land, bouncing off my toes I dragged Koko back to safety a few feet away. At that moment, Asty flies passed me, unarmed she aims a dropkick onto Brick big head. To my surprise, Brick simply accepts the attack and thrusts his head towards her foot. The result being Astrid flying into the wall.. What the fuck? 

Eyeing Astrids limp body against the wall I realise that did more damage than I thought. Blood seeps out of the corner of her mouth. Oh no. I know we need to end this quickly so Koko can heal her but I can feel my primal urge is taking hold. 

"Woah kittys getting serious?" Brick cooed.

Gritting my teeth, my whole body shifts into my wildshape. My conscious however stays intact, all be it lead by my primal instincts. Springing off the ground, using the wall as a stepping block, I dodge Bricks attempted swing. Every second feels like a minute, clearing the axe with my leap, I draw my paw down his face. His flesh grinds under my claws, manipulating my back legs I pounce off of his stomach, twisting his skin as I do. Following my perfect landing I spin round to see a very nasty wound on Brick's face, blood oozing out. 

"You- You BITCH! You STUPID LITTLE CAT, FUCK!" Brick screamed out insults, dropping an axe to clutch his face.

Koko spotting an opening quickly pulls roots out of the ground, causing minor damage to the floor, wrapping tightly around Bricks legs. To my surprise mom had recovered and launched her own sneak attack, drawing a sharp scream of pain out of Brick, her palm strike landing into his kidneys from behind. She glances at me and I take the hint. Advancing once more Brick attempts another hapazard swing towards me, this time however a simple side step is all it takes. Swiftly morphing back to a humanoid form mid leap, I reach out towards his head with both hands. In one meaty twist, I hear the crunch of his neck snapping. Followed only by the thud of his body hitting the ground. Panting heavily, my mind snaps back to Astrid.

"Koko quickly! You have to save her!" I bawled out.

"I'm on it!" She looked conflicted, probably from the brutal ending to that fight. There was more important matters however and she regained her composure.

"come on, come on, come on!" I pleaded to myself.

*bluugghh* She threw up.

*cough cough cough* She's alive!

Ignoring the mess I cling onto Asty while Koko cleans her up with a napkin. Where'd she even get that?

"Asty you're okay! Thank you thank you thank you! I don't know what I would've done if you weren't, I-" Blood boiling in my face it didn't even matter, mom can tease me later. Asty was safe. Damn I was so attached to this person I'd met days ago. I could still eat her now- No. Bad Ava. 

"Glad to see you safe and sound astrid. Come on, we've got to get out of here. Calmly declared mom in an overjoyed tone.

"Wait a sec." Said Koko in a distracted voice. Holding up a piece of paper in her hands she said, "This is a slave order from the Kingdom of Aela." 

"So thats why that bastard nabbed me." Softly croaked Asty, while she gently held onto my shoulder for support. A blush of red on her cheeks. Feels nice~

Asty continues, "Then all we need to do is show this to John and that fake nobles screwed. Slave trade with Aela is illegal as fuck right now."

"Oh ho? Really now? Perhaps this has all worked out for the better then Ava, Koko." Mom perked up.

"What do you mean?" Koko questioned.

"Well if this guy trades with Aela, he's bound to know about the sigil right?" Mom puffed her chest out. 

Thats right! We have a lead! Fuck yes! 'Bout time honestly. Giving mom a nod we began making our way gingerly upstairs. Asty clinging onto me the entire time by the way.

 

Time to punch Chance. 

5