Chapter 3: Jealousy
18 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enos, after knowing something about the skills and Forest of Exiled, locked himself in his room for months and was finally able to create a perfect plan for his escape with help from Synthia, who's been loyal to him ever since that one mistake was done.

"Sir.. Sir Enos, do you need me for something?"

Helen enter the room trembling, as she was sure that her young master, Enos, would get angry, knowing she was not Synthia. These past few days, if her young master tried to call a maid, it should be only Synthia, as Sir Enos would definitely throw a fit if she's not the one who enters the room.

"Helen, where is Synthia?"

"Sy.. Synthia? She.. She asked for a day off, Sir Enos."

"What? Who let her take a day off? Didn't I say not to let her take a day off?"

"It's.. It's Sir Neon. Si.. Sir Neon asked her to accompany him outside.. and Madam also approves of it, Sir Enos!"

" 'Damn it! Neon! How.. how dare you..!!!' Do you know where they went?"

Calming himself despite the difficulty, Enos tried to be reasonable but the anger just keep on eating him, thinking that Synthia and Neon might get along well.

"I.. I'm sorry, Sir Enos. This servant can't answer Sir Enos."

"When did they leave the Manor?"

"I'm sorry, I'm unable to be of help to Sir Enos."

" 'Ahh!!' You may go now. And tell Synthia to come here the instant she steps inside the Manor, understand?"

Getting frustrated as he won't be able to know anything about the two, Enos makes Helen leave his room, afraid of taking out his frustration on his maid.

"Ye---yes, Sir Enos. I'll... I'll take my leave, then."

An immeasurable rage with jealousy eats Enos as he throws a tantrum in his room.

A day passed away quickly but it feels like a year to Enos, who didn't get a nap and still waiting for Synthia. He can't help but feel worried and restless, thinking of many possible things that he hates the most to happen.

"Si.. Sir Enos, did.. did you need.. me for.."

Synthia, being told of her fellow maid, Helen, how Sir Enos searched for her yesterday, anxiously enters the room she got familiar with overtime.

"Where are you yesterday?"

Enos, seeing that familiar face, finally felt relieved, but anger resurfaced, scaring the other.

"It's.. It's confidential.. Sir Enos. This lowly servant doesn't deserve your... concern, Sir Enos."

"Tell me! Where did you go yesterday?!"

"I can't answer you.. Sir.. Sir Enos."

"Synthia! How.. how dare you.."

"Did.. did I do something wrong... Sir Enos?"

"You! Did you do it with him?!"

"Wha.. what does Sir Enos.. mean?"

"Don't pretend! Do you think I wouldn't know you went on a date with my brother? Who do you take me for?"

"The.. It's.. It's none of your business, Sir Enos."

"How.. How dare you say that to me?! Do you want to die?!"

"I'm sorry, Sir Enos. I.. I didn't mean anything by that."

"Did you do it with him? Yes or no?"

"Why... Why does.. Sir Enos interested in my life? This lowly servant is unworthy of your interest, Sir Enos."

"Synthia! Just answer me! Yes or No?"

"No."

"Liar! If you lie once more, I won't have a choice but let my Dad kill you!"

"I'm telling the truth, Sir Enos. Please.. Please don't do that, Sir Enos. Have.. have some mercy on me."

"Is that true?"

"Yes."

"Very good. Synthia, from this day onward... you're mine alone, got it?"

"Wh--what? What.. what does Sir Enos.. mean?"

Hearing such unexpected words from Enos, Synthia thinks she might just overhear things or was just hallucinating, but seeing that serious eyes, looking at the depths of her, she.. she became flustered, and fear instantly covered her face.

"I said you're mine, you understand?"

"I'm so sorry, Sir Enos. I'm... I'm unworthy of your love. Please.... don't punish me in this way."

"What do you mean? You don't want my love? And what do you mean by punishing?"

"I'm unworthy of being the wife of the first son of the Seventh Lord. Sir Enos would be more suitable with the daughters of the other six lords and not me."

"I'm a mortal... So you don't need to worry about that! You're also powerful, so there's no problem."

"But.. I.. I can't do that, Sir Enos. I'm so sorry."

"You don't want to take responsibility?! Why? Did you like my brother?"

"No... Actually, Sir Enos was also the only person I like... but... I can't be with you... Sir Enos."

"Why?!"

"A mortal and immortal are incompatible."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It means that, if an immortal marry a mortal, the angelic or demonic aura they possess would be deprived and become a mortal while the mortal will die."

"What? Is that the truth?"

"Yes. A lot of cases already happened around the world."

"Then, we don't need to marry, as long as you're by my side."

"I.. I.."

"It's not forbidden, right?! I like you, Synthia."

"Sir.. Sir.. Enos.. I.. I--like you too, Sir..Enos."

"So, be with me, okay?"

"If.. if you.. insist, then I.. I would have no choice but to comply."

"Don't worry about the gap in our status, if you're worthy or not, just love and stay by my side, Synthia, okay?"

"Yes.. Sir Enos."

A romantic atmosphere leads the two to unite their bodies together and be engulfed in lust and pleasure.

"Synthia... promise me that you will only love me for the rest of your life, got it?"

"Yes.. Sir Enos."

"Don't call me Sir anymore when we're alone. Just.. call me by my name."

"But.."

"No buts.. okay?"

"I try my best.. Si.. Enos."

"Synthia... I love you."

"E..Enos, you.. you make me shy."

"Synthia.. love me for the rest of your life, will you?"

"That's a certain, Enos."

"I.. I will go to the Forest of Exiled and find a way to gain powers.. so wait for me, okay?"

"What?! Enos.. what.. what are you saying?!"

"I want to marry you, Synthia. I.. I want to have a family with you too. So.. to do that.. I need skills. I need something that can make me free and can make you happy."

"But.. Enos.. it's dangerous. I.. I don't want you to die."

"I promise I won't get myself killed. I'll be back to marry you, so please, wait for me, okay?"

"But... I can't do that.. Enos. I.. I don't want you to risk yourself just because of me."

"But.. I can't also hide all my life behind my parent's back, Synthia."

"Enos.."

"I promise you, I will be back...okay?"

"Is.. is this the plan you created this past month?"

"Yeah. I.. I already figured out that I need power first to be with you, that's why I ask you about the Forest of Exiled. And you told me that there's a chance a mortal can become immortal if I find something there."

"You.. you didn't do it because you love me, right?"

"Synthia... you also knew you were the first and only woman I held my entire life, so.. it's not strange if I would fall for you."

"You... Then.. why.. why didn't you tell me the truth from the start?"

"If I did, would you answer my question?"

"But... I don't want you to do anything dangerous just because of me."

"I'm not doing this just because of you... It's also because of myself."

"When.. when will you plan to get caught?"

"The moment I confess to you."

"Then.. tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Enos.. I.. I would respect the.. decision you made... but always be safe, okay?"

"Yeah. I swear."

"I love you.. Enos."

"I thought you get shy by saying that?"

"But you would be away from me."

"Synthia.. I'm really happy."

"I'm happy too."

"Thank you, Synthia. I.. I didn't expect we would get a chance like this. I didn't expect I would experience love and everything. You make me experience all of it, Synthia."

"I also have always liked you since the moment I saw you, Sir Enos."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Let's be together forever, Synthia."

"You will be the only man I would love, Sir Enos."

"You really must. When I got away.. you must avoid Neon, got it?"

"Yeah."

The two continue to spend their time together, cuddling under the blanket until the sun sets.

At the same time.

"Helen... Are you sure about this?"

As he can't help but feel furious towards Helen's report, the spy he sent over to observe Enos, Neon looked at Helen, sensing if the latter was lying or not.

"Ye--yes. Sir Neon. I.. I personally saw how Sir Enos became angry the moment he heard about you and Synthia going out together. I.. I also heard their moans one time I went to Sir Enos's room."

"So, you say.. that my brother loves Synthia?"

"Yes, Sir Neon."

"That damn bitch! How.. how could he possibly like my brother?!"

"But.. but Sir.. Sir Enos was the one.. who like Synthia."

"So what?! It's just the same! That bitch seduce my brother!"

"But..."

"Helen, I didn't approve of you speaking, didn't I?!"

"I'm.. I'm sorry for my boldness, Sir Neon."

"Helen, you better do anything to make those two apart."

"But.. I.."

"So.. you want me to steal the gardener?"

"Please... forgive me for my idiocy. I'll.. I'll do my best to make those two apart."

"That's good."

"Then.. forgive me for my nosiness, but may I ask, Sir.. Neon, do.. do you love Sir Enos?"

"What kind of questions is that, Helen?! How dare you be this bold?"

"I'm sorry if I offended Sir Neon. Please forgive me."

"Of course, I love my brother."

"But... But why.. did I always see Sir Neon bullying Sir Enos?"

"You! You're indeed such a nosy person! If.. If mother just didn't like you, I would already kill you."

"I.. I don't deserve the compliment, Sir Neon."

"You're so annoying... Well, I can't just bring myself to be affectionate to him."

"You love him as a brother or in a romantic way?"

"Helen! There's a limit on how shameless you can get!"

"Forgive me, but this is who I am. And I know.. Sir Neon is actually fierce outside but soft inside.. right?"

"Damn your Lie Detection! Tell me.. what special Skills do you still have?"

"I.. I have none."

"Don't take me as a fool!"

Seeing how she can't fool her young master anymore, Helen was forced to give in, saying one of her special skills.

"(Holy Voice) of Archangel of Presence, Metatron."

"What?! So powerful?! Metatron was one of the Seraphim, right?"

"Yes."

"No wonder Mom and Dad like you so much. You're not actually a maid, right? You're one of the Immortal Guardian, hired by my parents to protect my brother, right?"

"Sir Neon is truly worthy of his title."

"Well, I.. I love my brother, but how do you know that?"

"I.. I saw how Sir Neon looks at Sir Enos every time Sir Enos practices swordsmanship. I also defend your Love Manipulation numerous times."

"What?! So... It was you?!"

"Yes. You have three Special Skills, didn't you?"

"What? You.. you're overestimating me."

"You can't lie to me, Sir Neon. (Gluttony Embodiment) of Behemoth, (Love Manipulation) of Beleth, and lastly (Holy Voice) of Metatron, just like me, right?"

"How.. how do you know that?"

"Didn't I tell Sir Neon that I have the Special Skills (Memory Manipulation) of Archangel of Morality, Sariel?"

"I guess I can't hide anything from you."

"Why? Why did you like your own brother?"

"Is there a problem?"

"Of course. You two are blood-related."

"You know what Beleth represents right?"

"Incest."

"So.. I don't care if it's a sin or not. Brother looks so handsome! He's really my type."

"So I guess love really transcends."

"That's why, you should help me apart from those two, okay?"

"I'm afraid I'm unable to do that."

"Why? Aren't you one of the Immortal Guardian?"

"But.. you probably didn't know anything about Synthia, right?"

"So what about that maid?"

"You know my Memory Manipulation, right?"

"Yes. You can control memories of oneself and others, allowing you to modify, fabricate, suppress, influence, repair, restore, erase, detect, and view them. You can also change memories to confuse, wipe away certain memories to cause amnesia, discern and provoke nostalgia, and enter the victim into a psychic vision, replaying their memory, right?"

Neon, as he read some books, such as Divine-Demonic Skill, of course, would remember the description of Helen's special skill.

"That's right. But when it comes to Synthia, I didn't dare go risk my ability to change even a tiny bit of her memory."

"Why is that?"

"Because Synthia is much more powerful than I am."

"What?! That's not true!"

"It's the truth. Synthia has numerous skills but I only know five of her Special Skills, (Meta-Lust Inducement) of Astaroth, (Life and Death Lordship) of Azrael, (Victory Inducement) of Haniel, (Demon Creation) of Lilith, and (Wrath Embodiment) of Iblis."

"What?! How.. how could she possibly be that powerful?!"

"I.. I don't know that as well. So if I would try to fight with her, I would be defeated by her."

"Then.. then if she's that strong, why is she here?"

"Her feelings for Sir Enos are real. According to her memory, she met Sir Enos ten years ago."

"Damn it! She.. she's such a bitch!"

"Not really. She didn't use any seducement to get Sir Enos though."

"Helen, then help me. Help me make my brother mine."

"I can't. I can't interfere with other's life, after all."

"If you didn't.. I would definitely steal your gardener."

"Is.. is that a threat, Sir Neon?"

"You become bold, ah?"

"Since you already know my identity, there's no need for pretending."

"So what if I am? Using my Love Manipulation, I can steal him, won't it?"

"You don't dare do that."

"Why?"

"Because he's not your type."

"Really? Do you think I wouldn't know his true appearance? The top 50 strongest immortals around the world, Garry? Garry, who's handsome enough to kill a young maiden's heart?"

"But you said you love your brother?"

"That's true. He's the most handsome man in the entire world. But if he goes to Synthia... what do you think I would do?

"Fine. I'll help you!"

"That's good. It seems we have an agreement, right?"

"Yes!" Helen who was forced by Neon, gritted her teeth as she walks away from the latter.

3