Chapter 2: Please let this be a normal kidnapping!
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I turned around, and behind me I saw possibly the most ripped man I'd ever laid eyes on. Now, I may not be gay, but I could definitely appreciate some muscles. Those bulging tan muscles were going to have me acting up!

I paused for a moment. This might have been the gayest thing I've ever thought. I gave myself an internal slap and tried to get back to the moment.

But his muscles though. Although I could never understand why people would put themselves through so much pain to get built, he made me understand it. Just a little bit.

Holy shit. I needed to get it together. I needed to get my eyes and mind off of his muscles.

[Me]: "So, uh you got kidnapped too huh?"

[Muscle Man]: "Nope, I came to see if you were insane."

[Me]: "That's muscle enough. FUCK. Sorry, I'm not homosexual. I swear. Innocent mistake. Was definitely not looking at your muscles."

The dark-skinned man who looked like he was descended from the heavens did an eyebrow raise that would have put the Rock to shame, if his body hadn't already.

I sighed internally, this was probably why my parents told me I was really only good for one thing. I should probably stic-

[Muscle Man]: "Wait, so are you not used to [?]?"

[Me]: "I'm going to keep it real buddy, I have no idea what you're talking about."

[Muscle Man]: "You've definitely felt it before right? Maybe you know it by its formal name, δυνάμεις του πνεύματος?"

[Me]: "Nope, just sounds like a bunch of gibberish to me. Maybe if you describe it?"

The muscular man sighed, took a deep breath, and gave a look that told me he thought I was retarded.

[Muscle Man]: "So basically, δυνάμεις του πνεύματος is the formal name for the power of emotions, desire, whatever the popular theory is now. Nobody really knows the exact time it manifested, but people say it was discovered around 600. It has been around ten thousand years since the discovery, but no one has real-"

I stopped listening. They discovered some magical power in the year 600? Magic exists on this land? Was I even still on [?] anymore? Why did I end up here, and who were the two people talking? And why'd he just say 600, did he mean B.C. or A.D? Now it was my turn to call him insane. I cleared my mind of any thoughts about muscles and got ready to speak.

[Muscle Man]: "And yeah, so in a nutshell. If you want something really bad it happens. Again, according to the current theory, its a combination of concrete thought and emotion that results in a manifestation of your thou-"

And I was back to being lost. Wasn't I kidnapped? Wasn't this [?] or am I still drunk? What about my family, friends, and everyone else? I prayed to Απόλλων that I was still on [?].

[Muscle Man]: "So that's the explanation on why you're so fixated on my muscles. It's because I've spent my entire life dedicated to building my body. Obviously, I want people to admire and appreciate my body. But this can be canceled out as long as you're aware of it, as I'm not actively trying to get people to ogle at me 24/7. I'm more focused on just building my body through dai-"

Fuck this. Fuck my life. Men are making me gay with magical powers? And I need to use magic to counter this gay magic? My head was starting to hurt, and I was getting more indignant at my situation. I get stranded in the middle of nowhere with gay magic?  Hopefully there's music here. If there isn't... I don't know what I'd do to stay straight. I was 99% sure that this wasn't [?], but I needed to know.

[Me]: "So... This magic is cool and all, but what's the name of this country, or whatever land we're standing on right now?"

The muscular man stood there. His face displayed a combination of surprise and suspicion.

[Muscle Man]: "I just gave you a full lecture on the current theory of magic and you're already trying to use it against me? That's not very nice of you. The least you could do is have some manners."

I rolled my eyes. I had better things to do than introduce myself to someone. But I needed information from him.

[Me]: "My name's Faust. What about you?"

[Muscle Man]: "I go by Ahote."

[Faust]: "Great. Nice to meet you Ahote. Now can you tell me the name of this country and planet, and if you've ever heard of [?] before?"

Ahote scrunched up his face and gave a contemplating frown. He scratched his beard while musing over my question.

[Ahote]: "I'd like to think of myself as somewhat of a dedicated student, but I've never even heard of [?] before in my life. And as for the name of the land, we call it Domum, and we call the Mortus."

Ahhhhhhhhh... That confirmed it. This probably isn't a normal case of kidnapping.

0