Epilogue V3
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: This chapter is an epilogue that takes place at the end of arc 3. The first arc of the story starts with the next chapter. This chapter will be rewritten after the story will make it to this point. Enjoy!

*CRACKLE* *CRACKLE*

While making the camp, I had cut one log to sit on while keeping guard. The same one I am sitting on right now with a troubled look on my face. While I am facing the fire, what I am really looking at is the flickering blue matter that can be seen 10 meters away from me. A portal. A real one. The one that Beo(Beowolf) and I have found while chasing down the prey.

My heart is in turmoil as I look at it. The reason is the quest that I have received at soon as my eyes landed on it:

*Final Quest*

*Enter the portal and return to Earth*

*Rewards: ??? *

As I am slowly going through all my past memories, I realize that all of them have something in common. Earth.

I don't remember what my name on Earth was. Heck, I don't even remember what kind of life I lived there. All I could remember was blurry knowledge that sometimes helped me in this world. Or give me even more trouble. Haha.

A bitter smile appears on my face while stirring the fire.

But as I am looking at the portal, I am feeling a nudge in the heart. Something is calling for me. Something is pushing me towards it. A desire, a strong desire to return to Earth. A sense of belonging that I haven't felt in either of my past lives.

Even the system, which mystery was resolved just some time ago, is telling me to go. Moreover, the rewards are unknown. This only appears only when exploring dungeons. This means that whatever comes out, it will be undoubtfully of great use.

What about this world, though? I don't have many feelings for the people in the town. Besides the capital, I have only gone shopping in a couple of towns. Camping with Beo in the Eternal Night Forest occupied the remaining time.

Right, Beo! I have Beo. I am such a fool. However… My heart is hurting when I am remembering Gloomy Wolf's memories. The most recent memories I have retrieved from the system. Even though I have received an explanation for why it is me that has the system... I am still troubled by Gloomy Wolf's love story. Would I be able to love Beo for over a thousand years like him? The pain and regret in his love are causing me even more headaches. I grab my hair while contemplating my options.

Could Beo be playing games with me and then eventually leave me? Since she has the looks… the strength… the money… and the rank, she can always find a better guy than me. As Raul did, she would also leave. In that case, isn't Earth a better choice? Unlike before with Raul, or when my parents abandoned me, I will not have to deal with another painful separation.

"Open status" I whisper softly.

*Ding*

*Host: ???*

*LV: 31*

*HP: 230/230  MP: 300/300*

*STRENGHT:        20                                        AGILITY:          27 *

*STAMINA:          18                                        ENDURANCE:    13 *

*INTELLIGENCE:  20                                        WILLPOWER:    22 *

*Character Progress:???-15%; ???- 25% ; Gloomy Wolf- 32%*

*Skill Points:3*

*Active skills: Map(LV2); BERSERK(LV1); SLASH(LV3); Sprint(LV2)*

*Passive skills: Learning languages(LV1); Geographic Knowledge(LV1); Cool-headed(LV2); Swordsmanship(LV5); Pain tolerance(LV2); Danger Sense(LV2); Hunger tolerance(LV0); Dagger Mastery(LV2); Fear tolerance(LV1)*

*Buffs: Pain-killer(medium)*

*Debuff: Fear(low)*

Fear? Since when did I have this debuff? I look bewildered at my trembling hand. I don't understand. Why? Why am I feeling fear?

I have my inventory bag with me. I have recovery potions. Food. Clothes. I am more than prepared for the trip to Earth. So, for what reason am I scared?

I hear the tent's fabrics moving the moment I stand up to add another branch to the fire. As I turn around, I can see Beo staring at me.

"Where are you going, Al(Alde)?"

Beo is looking at me as if she already knew the reason I was feeling so conflicted. She didn't say anything last night, but it seems that she did so in order for me to have time to clear my mind.

Trying to keep my voice from shaking, I declare:

"I'm going home."

Clearly confused, Beo the points at the portal and asks:

"Home? There?"

While lowering my head, I reply to her in a softer tone:

"Right, I'm going home."

"When are we leaving?"

"Wait, Beo, we can't go together!"

"Why?"

"Well, that's because..."

How do I explain the fact that there are only humans on Earth?

"You see…since there is no war there, we will not be well seen. We are adventurers, we are warriors. Furthermore, we don't have an identity there. The kingdoms in that world have tight control over their citizens, so they will know when we will attempt to blend in. Moreover... you might be captured and experimented on there…"

I continue speaking without stopping until I can't even look at her by the time i finished talking about the troubles we might encounter.

A small laugh escapes her lips as she wonders:

"Isn't this the same as when we first met?"

"No. That's quite different. In that case, you'd at least be released."

"I see. Then what's the problem?"

"Wha..at?"

Are you still asking me after everything I have told you? Her clear eyes can't help but draw my attention. Yet, they make me feel even guiltier than I am feeling, so I immediately look away.

"NO MEANS NO! You can't go with me, this will be too dangerous for you."

I say as I am lowering the bag full of gold coins that I had with me.

"Here, this is my share of your rewards."

I stand up again and turn away from the tent. Together, we have completed quite a few requests and split the money 50/50, so her savings should double without any problem. This will last for a while, at least until there are new requests.

Taking a last look at her, I tell her:

"With this, I will be leaving."

I don't know if I looked at her in order to clearly remember her face or for some other reason. However, seeing her gaze fixed on me is making my heart thump again.

"I'm sorry, Beo!"

Her eyes widen as soon as she hears me. She tries to say something, but I can no longer hear her as I am already passing through the fabric of the portal. While turning around my head, I see her dashing at the portal. Fortunately, something is blocking her way, as I see her banging on the portal. Soon, the portal cracks and brokes in a beautiful cascade of light particles.

This is good. It is better this way. I didn't think that she would follow after me. So it's good that she couldn't come with me. While traveling through space, I keep repeating these things. As a result of my high Willpower, I manage to stay awake in the space rift long enough to hear the prompt from the system:

*Ding*

*Final Quest updated*

*Return to Earth*

*Reward: System Authority x1(NEW)*

*Final Quest completed*

*Will you use the reward? Yes/NO*

"Use it"

*Ding*

*Final Quest reward used, obtained System Authority x1*

*WILL YOU DELETE THE SYSTEM? YES/NO*

It was as if my heart has frozen. Out of all the things I was hoping to come out, this was the last one. Deleting the system?! Well, maybe this is a good decision. It is the only way for me to leave a regular life on Earth. I will probably remember all the time I had spent in the other world while celebrating with my friends. Perhaps I will be able to write a book about it. So the only option is to delete the system.

Just as my finger is about to touch the screen, a blinding light erupts from below me as I fell through the newly created portal.

Finally, I've made it to Earth. But Earth had long since changed.

                                   

                                         

                                            (END OF ARC 3-Gloomy Wolf)

1