Chapter 3: Open status
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am laying powerlessly on my improvised bed. I really don't have the energy for anything. All my hopes that I could go home have been washed away as soon as I looked through the prison's window.

The prison is situated at the top of a tree. A big one. I can safely say that I am at over 50 meters over the ground. The problem is that there are even bigger trees. And the most distressing thing is that a huge town is built all over the trees. Houses, villas, stables for flying monsters. There are many kinds of buildings everywhere I look.

Another thing is the population. Humans…no! All of them have those weird pointy ears. Just like me. If I'm not wrong, those are elves. Elfs that only appear in legends or stories about different worlds. They shouldn't exist. Yet here they are. And I am one of them.

At first, I thought that this was just a dream. I have spent a few hours trying to wake myself up. Biting my fingers, my tongue. Even banging my head in the wall. I even started praying to God.

Exhausted, all I can do is just lay down. I have thought that if I transmigrated here, I would still have my body. But my body is different. Seeing that the people here at least knew who I am, means that, somehow, I have reincarnated in this world.  Did I perhaps reincarnate in this body directly? Without being born? That would explain why I don't have any memories of living in this world.

What about my real body? Did I die? Just after going to sleep? I still have to go to work tomorrow. I still have to go… Wait, where did I have to go?

My eyes open wide as soon as I realize what it's wrong. My memories of my past life are fading. No, I don't have them in the first place! I don't remember who I was, or where I was living. I don't remember anyone, nor do I remember what have I done my entire life. All my memories are gone!

No, not all of them! I still know how to do the math! Even Geography! There are…6 Continents! Africa, America,  Europa, and Asia! Wait, didn't I say that there are 6? How did it become 4?

Sigh, forget it! I should try and see what other things I can remember. If I know the continents…How about the countries? A light starts shining in my head! If I go this way, I might remember where I was living. If so, can I recover my memories?

Exited, I start mentioning as many countries as I can. But it's all in vain, as I can't remember the full name of all of them. Moreover, not even one of them sounds familiar.

Dejected, I stop thinking about all this stuff. It's not like I can go back home since I have reincarnated. I haven't read any story where that is possible. I will try and live this life.

*Ding*

*Registering new knowledge*

*Creating skills*

*Geographic Knowledge(LV0)*

*Map(LV0)*

"W-what?Map??"

The strange lines that appear in front of my eyes are quickly covered by a small square. The square shows nothing but a blue dot. The display changes to two lines as I focus on it:

*Name:??? ???*

*Lv: ???*

What's this all about? Have I gone insane? Is this a system?

"MAP!!"

I sit up and yell with a big smile on my face. A small square appears again. there is no change to what it has shown earlier. Is this all? And why doesn't my name and lv show up? That should be me, right?

I try saying any types of commands to open the system, but nothing appears. Is it broken?

Tsk, and here I am hoping to get a cheat, and even that fails me. I fall back on my back. There is nothing left for me to do. Disappointed, I manage to fall asleep, as I am already tired after all that thrashing around.

...

I wake up feeling someone kick me in the stomach. It was already hurting from the hunger. So why did you have to hit it too? That hurts. Let me sleep for a little longer. Just give me one more hour, it's not like I am demanding too much.

I almost fall back asleep, when the next words wash away all the sleep that I am feeling.

"My dear brother, wake up!"

I jump as soon I hear those words, thinking that the boy has come to see me. Unfortunately, my legs are not strong enough so I fall down. However, before my eyes is a little girl, not him. The two of them had the same appearance and voice, so it is likely they are related. Maybe twins? The only difference is that the girl has twin tails. But why is she here?

"Splash"

As I lay on the ground, some rancid liquid is thrown over my body. Immediately after smelling it, my stomach contracted and poured everything out. After calming down a little I can see the girl and a few soldiers on the other side of the bars laughing like no tomorrow.

"Why are you here?"

The smell wasn't that bad so after a while, I manage to ask her.

"Is it not possible to see my dear brother one last time?"

The little girl starts giggling again as if she said something funny.

"Last...time? What do you mean?"

I ask her, not understanding the meaning of her words. Does she have to go somewhere far from here?

"My dear brother will go to Heaven today!" she exclaims."Or Hell!"

As soon as she says this, the other people start laughing even harder than before.

"You bitch, do you think it's funny to laugh at somebody like this? You scumbag...Guh!"

This time the anger took over me, as I start insulting her. However, sharp pain in my chest suddenly stops me. I see her hand pointed towards me as the words *Ice Arrow* leave her lips.

As I look down, a huge chunk of ice is firmly embedded in my chest. I grab it and try to pull it out, but it's all in vain. I fall on my back as I feel my body losing warmth. I am suddenly awakened from the pain as I feel the ice moving inside me. It seems like the other end of the ice that was coming from my back hit the ground.

I start panicking as I realize that at this rate I will soon die. Remembering the system, I try a last attempt to open it, hoping that it might save my life.

"Open..bleah..system"

"What are you saying?" asks someone confused.

"Check him and treat him!"

The girl starts ordering the soldiers as soon as she sees the blood coming from my mouth. What the heck, bitch? Are you treating me now?

Meanwhile, a few system windows open in front of me:

*Ding*

*Critical condition*

*Debuffs: Bleeding, Open wound, Asfixiation(medium), Hunger(medium), Fear(medium), Madness(low)*

*Health in critical condition, losing health due to additional debuffs*

*Mental stability in critical condition, losing mana due to additional debuffs*

*Report: Host will die in 10 seconds*

*Report: Memory recollection failed, setting this memory to a low rank*

*Report: Time of host awake: 19:31:47; setting this memory to the lowest rank*

*Report: Detected huge emotional impact in the future, setting additional conditions to.....*

"I didn't want that, you crazy...."

I don't even have enough time to lament over the useless system that I have as the lights from my eyes disappear.

1