Chapter 6: Alt_Reina’s story
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The prompt is: Truck-kun's latest mark is going to be problematic. After recruiting dozens of heroes to defeat demon lords across time and space, the most recent client god has requested the ultimate lifeform: Chuck Norris.


Chuck Norris stared out the window, his ears ringing from some old 80s music he’d been listening to all evening. He looked down at his feet, which were dangling off of a seat in the front row. The back row was completely empty, so Chuck decided to use it as his personal dance floor for this particular movie that was currently playing on a loop in the cinema, only he was too lazy to change the channel. 

After several minutes of waiting for the movie to start, Chuck began to feel restless. He stood up and stretched his arms over his head before turning around, taking stock of his surroundings. He rushed out and decided to take a walk along the perimeter of the parking lot. It wasn’t long until he found himself looking at a small figure sitting on one of the benches outside a large building, watching the clouds. Chuck walked closer and realized who it was, or rather, what she had done. She was wearing a black turtleneck sweater with dark jeans and knee high boots; her hair was pulled into a ponytail tied with a white string. He stared for a few moments before the girl abruptly stood up and turned to him with a blank expression, very much like a child. Her o-like mouth collapsed into a slight smile. 

"Did you like the movie?" Chucked asked, not bothering to hide the excitement in his voice. She nodded slowly, but didn't say anything. She grinned slightly before walking past him, not even noticing that he still hadn't said a word. "See you later," she called to him while continuing across the parking lot. Chuck continued to stand there staring at the young girl crossing the road. In an instant a large truck appears on the road. Without thinking, Chuck ran after her as fast as his legs could carry him. The truck barrelled straight towards them and Chuck dove towards the young girl.  Turning his back to the girl, he braced for impact. However, when everything finally slowed and came to a stop, Chuck felt something soft under him. When he opened his eyes, he saw that they were no longer near the truck, instead, they seemed to be floating gently in space. He looked down, and saw nothing beneath him, except for his own two hands resting next to where he assumed they'd fallen. Chuck glanced down at the girl beside him and noticed her body laying perfectly still on top of his lap.

He couldn't help but grin as he saw the young girl sleep in his lap. In an instant she dematerialized into silver ash. He watched as her remains float away through a shimmering curtain of light. Suddenly his smile drops as he looks down as the starset begins to materialize into grassy plains.

[YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO THE WORLD OF ANASTALIA!]

 

[MAY YOU FIND A NEW SOLACE IN OUR WORLD]

 

***

 

"Finally!" Chuck rejoiced out as crystalline tears streamed down his cheek. For years in Anastalia, he was scarred by the means of war. Falling to his iron cladded knees, a pain wells up in his heart. He tries to control his breathing, but a strangled sob escapes him. His fingers claw desperately at the dirt below him. He never wanted this. He never wanted to be subjected to this. The sun was setting above him, casting its warm glow upon his face. Chuck can't stop the image from coming unbidden. The image of an innocent little boy being cut open and tortured and killed by demons. As a scream pitches through the dark.

As the scene fades, a new scene takes its place. Chuck's heart skips a beat. Once again in the world of the stars.

"So you're finally back." The young girl replies as she sips a bottle of coke. She held it up to her mouth, taking another sip. He watched her lips form words as he continued to stare into those mesmerizing light blue eyes. He noticed that they are rimmed in crimson red. The girl turned to him, and with a smirk, said, "You can stop staring like you've always done." Chuck's eyebrows furrowed.

 

[Identify: LEVEL EX]

 

"That won't work on me." She said as she sipped another round of coke, glancing sharply. Chuck's eyes widened as the ground started to rumble slightly under his feet. As the shaking intensified, the stars started to peel apart in great big chunks. His breath caught in his throat. A set of white  crosses arise out of the celestial plain and barrelled towards the young girl. It leaped onto her and appeared to be devoured and incorporated into the girl. "W-w-'' Chuck's nearly muted voice trembled as he felt that malevolent aura trickle down his back.

 

"What did they do to you?" Chuck asks as the white cross melts away, leaving behind a young lady much like the girl from earlier. Her face shaped into a nightmarish grin. "I am many things. A truck that brings people into other worlds, a goddess, an original aspect of creation, a loli and so much more."  She replied in many tones shifting as she spoke. "But simply, I am your enemy. The one you will have to kill."

 

[New Mission]

 

[Kill me]

 

[Rewards]

 

[Aspect of unbecoming]

"Why?" Chuck asked as he tried to move forward. He struggled against his invisible chains.  "I'm trying to protect humanity! What have you done?"  The young woman took a swig from her soda bottle.

"Humans don't care about anyone other than themselves. They will kill, rape, torture and abuse their fellow man until the end. So this is why I must restrict or end them." Chuck's blood ran cold. He remembered his first days trapped within that hellhole and how he had cried and begged other huamns to stop torturing him and others. "I guess that is right! and you may have a point but is genocide really worth it!?" he asked with desperation in his voice. 

 

The woman gave a deep chuckle. "It is indeed. I know you will survive it all."  Chuck let out a choked sob. "And what if I died in the process? You would go on without me?" The woman shrugged. "The cycle repeats itself whether I allow it to, or not. But I suppose it's better than letting humans become extinct."  Chuck shook his head. "No, it can't be!" He yelled. "There has to be another way! Please, help me! I need you! Help everyone else! Stop this madness!" He pleaded with his new friend. The goddess just shook her head.

"You will find that you don't get to decide my fate. Besides, the cycle hasn't ended yet. This is just the beginning." She replied matter of factly before disappearing. Chuck's vision went blurry, he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. He closed them tight and focused his entire being. There was no response.

 

[Mission complete]

 

***

 

[Aspect of unbecoming is integrating]

[Aspect of unbecoming is integrating]

[Aspect of unbecoming is integrating]

[Aspect of unbecoming is integrating]

[Aspect of unbecoming is integrating]

[Aspect of unbecoming is integrating]

[Integrated]

 

[Rebirth of the world has taken place once again]

 

***

 

Chuck Norris stared out the window, his ears ringing from some old 80s music he’d been listening to all evening. He looked down at his feet, which were dangling off of a seat in the front row. The back row was completely empty, so Chuck decided to use it as his personal dance floor for this particular movie that was currently playing on a loop in the cinema, only he was too lazy to change the channel. 

After several minutes of waiting for the movie to start, Chuck began to feel restless. He stood up and stretched his arms over his head before turning around, taking stock of his surroundings. He rushed out and decided to take a walk along the perimeter of the parking lot. It wasn’t long until he found himself looking at a small figure sitting on one of the benches outside a large building, watching the clouds. Chuck walked closer and realized who it was, or rather, what she had done. She was wearing a black turtleneck sweater with dark jeans and knee high boots; her hair was pulled into a ponytail tied with a white string. He stared for a few moments before the girl abruptly stood up and turned to him with a blank expression, very much like a child. Her face instantly shifted into a smile.

 

"It's been a while since we've seen each other! Hero-san!"

1