CH3: Into The Dungeon
122 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tiny black gate to the blood lake dungeon opened slowly as the auto cranks did their job. Gate hinges cracked and popped from a lack of use or lubrication. Rotten air whooshed out of the gate as the guards on top wheeled their autocannons on the dungeon. I saw thousands of glowing fruits hanging heavily from trees through the gate. Dozens of corpses hung beside them, condemned to a biting iron cage.

 

Blue light swirled to life in their eyes before they started screaming. Finally, the autocannons came to life with spinning barrels firing supersonic hunks of metal into the crowd of undead.

 

Spirits Of Vengeance lvl200

 

Soon I would level up, and the way into the Divine Ultra Dragon Mountain Sect would be open. I would learn so much there.

 

Majorian’s voice knocked me out of my fantasy. “Keep the boy close. If he dies before we get to the dungeon, this would all be pointless.”

 

Swarm grabbed my shoulder, and I tried not to cringe. I could feel the bugs crawling beneath her skin. Knowing they were there because of qi sense was so much worse.

 

“Have you thought about adding a familiar to bolster your strength? Some of the mobs here could prove beneficial to someone living. It is never too early to think about specializing. Guilds love specialists.”

 

“Samson, you’re up first,” Majorian said.

 

A blue aura exploded around Samson, and to my qi sense, he appeared like the sun compared to my candle. Not only was it powerful, but it was also refined. None of his power was lost when he punched forward. Instead, the air shimmered as the force of his blow swept through the undead, blowing out their unlives like a flood to lit candles. None of the trees were touched by the attack, nor did the fruit on the trees move. Instead, swirling blue vortexes of qi swirled around the stronger undead, wiping them out.

 

“Was that a special skill?” I asked.

 

Samson snorted. “That is what the basics can do for you. How long can you maintain your aura?”

 

Was he saying that his basic skills turned his punch into that? Not a leaf was out of place, but all his enemies were bone dust. Swirling vortexes of qi still swirled down the path after his blow. Undead continued to walk through them only to be swept up and destroyed. What kind of skills did Samson have to obliterate so many undead?

 

“Answer me, boy.”

 

His voice jarred me out of my thoughts. “About five minutes at a time,” I said.

 

“Pathetic, until you can maintain it for a day under combat conditions, you have no business looking for stronger skills. This place will kill you.” Samson said. 

 

My own qi exploded at his words showering the forest in a green glow. Swarm patted my shoulder.

 

“He’s just a child in his first dungeon; cut him some slack. Or did you want to teach him after all?”

 

“Don’t put words in my mouth, woman. He just has some potential, that’s all. Unfortunately, not many are relevant to even a single mob in this kind of dungeon at lvl1. But, if he gave up on this fool’s errand, he would make an interesting servant.”

 

“Oh, you don’t think he’s good enough to be your student or apprentice; what a sad end to a lovesick boy.” Obelisk said.

 

“Idiots aren’t worth my time; making him a servant is the best I can offer him.”

 

“Why aren’t the skeletons dropping anything?”

 

Majorian sighed. “We aren’t in the dungeon yet. Mobs outside of dungeons don’t drop things. They can only be processed for their materials. Vengeance spirit bones are only good for the darkest spells and rituals.”

Obelisk waved his hand, and all the bones floated up and vanished into the bag on his hip. “My master has been running low on ingredients.”

 

We made it through the forest, where the ground changed from the root-covered trail to black sand. The second we stepped over the threshold onto the black sand, I felt an intense feeling of being spied upon. We walked down a hill covered in small shanty houses. One of the houses opened, and a creature shrieked and ran out at an incredible speed.

 

Samson crossed his arms and stepped out of the way. “Kid, you’re up; this is what you wanted, so fight or turn tail.”

 

“Don’t worry if you die; I’ll write a letter on your behalf to the girl you like.”

 

I stared at the slender man. “How about no,” I said and charged up my aura.

 

Greenlight flooded the area as I charged the shrieking monster. One hit to its heart was all I needed; if I could do that, I would level up. But instead, my thoughts froze when I looked at the monster.

 

Black hair cascaded around a doll-like face with a tentacled mouth pushing its way out of the monster’s neck. Several bladed tentacles lashed out while I fumbled with the sword at my waist. One struck me in the shoulder while my party scattered to let me handle the fight. My shoulder went numb, and I thanked my lucky stars. I didn’t hear my arm hit the ground. Instead, I snapped my belt and freed my sword, only for my pants to fall down.

 

I tried to move away as one of its tentacles spat something at me and tripped, tearing my pants and falling backward. In my hurry to scramble away, I flung my ruined pants at the beast as its bladed tentacles thrashed after me. The mouth lips of its feeding mouth flashed in front of my face as I rolled to the side, barely avoiding it. Another bladed tentacle slashed my leg, and the limb went numb. Finally, it was one me towering with its tentacles spread, ready to wrap around me so its feeding could begin.

 

When it lunged, I saw the red of its heart stuck outside its body and beating slowly. My sword pointed true even as it fell on me with slashing tentacles.

 

Starved Eldritch Berserker Vampire Demigod lvl338 Slain x 1

Level Up x24

+25LUK

LUK 30

Perk Gained: Lucky Drop – After 100 common items, drop 1 R to SSR item will drop from the next enemy.

First Time exp bonus: x10 exp

+100lvls Above Player exp Bonus: x10 exp

+200lvls Above Player exp Bonus: x20 exp

+300lvls Above Player exp Bonus: x30 exp

First Dungeon Kill Loot Bonus: x10 Loot Rarity

+100lvls Above Player Loot Bonus: x10 Loot Rarity

+200lvls Above Player Loot Bonus: x20 Loot Rarity

+300lvls Above Player Loot Bonus: x30 Loot Rarity

 

Drops x 5

Ultra-Rare

Black Bag of XL Space – A bag that can store an entire castle and estate in its inner space.

Skill Book: Fallen Dragon Twister – A qi-based attack that conjures an underworld dragon from qi who quickly spawns vortexes of Phlegethon’s qi. Highly qi intensive and dangerous in enclosed spaces. Skill Requirements: Qi Control lvl100, Aura Manipulation lvl100, Qi Manifestation lvl100, Phlegethon’s Meditations lvl30 Stat Requirements: 1k INT, 1k WIS, 1k LUK

Black Blood Pants lvl1 Rank1 – Well-fitting pants that resize to fit the user’s waist through clever enchantments. They equally protect against both physical and mystical attacks. Level Bonuses: +100DEF/MDEF +10%WIS, +10% INT, +5% MDEF, +1% Bleed Resistance

Nirvana lvl1 Rank1 – A handgun crafted to cause an end of suffering. Magazine size 25, this weapon fires 45 Cal ammunition empowered by the will of the user. Level Bonuses: +10ATK, +100MATK, +10% INT, +10% WIS, +5% MATK, +1% Silence

Persephone’s Drop lvl20 Pills x 20 – A pill refined from the spilled tears of a goddess summoned downpour. +5INT/WIS. Limit when user’s INT and WIS exceed 500

 

As the body fell, I snatched up the black bag before the gun slammed down on my face. The levels washed over me until I hit 25, and I snatched the gun before it could roll off of me. Sure, I killed one of the vampire mobs, but there were more. Out of the rickety shanty houses, more of the mobs charged. I scrambled to my feet, pants clutched in one hand as I aimed Nirvana. The weapon felt right in my hands as I aimed for the first Mob’s heart and pulled the trigger.

 

The blast threw me back as the gun fired. I watched A shower of gore erupt from the vampire’s body, but others took their place in the charge. I had twenty-five bullets, but hundreds of vampires were charging the hill.

 

Level Up

Red lvl30

 

I felt the levels wash over me and shivered at the feeling of new strength. Then, finally, I could push my stats to even higher levels with their cap removed. Levels didn’t give stats, but they made it easier to increase them through exercise or pill consumption. Not that I could afford pills anyway.

 

Samson pointed from beside me. “Aim for that one; the others are following too close behind.” I did as I was told and shot my gun. A strong hand stopped me from falling backward before I heard the buzzing of thousands of wings. Hornets flew down upon the vampires biting and stinging each larger than my hand.

 

“I thought you weren’t going to help me,” I said.

 

“Thank Swarm, she changed our minds. We have been looking for a fifth member for a while, but every time someone joins us, they die or get in the way. We need a long-range DPS good at taking out single targets. To cover up your weaknesses, we thought you could take up necromancy or puppetry.”

 

While he supported me, I aimed for each of their hearts, shooting one after another until the gun ran empty. Unfortunately, some of my shots missed while the vampires were flailing, hitting their shoulders or heads, dealing damage but not killing them.

 

DEX +20

DEX 520

Level Up

Red lvl40

“What am I going to do now?” I asked.

 

Samson chuckled. “Kills made by specific weapons that require ammunition have a medium chance of dropping ammunition for that weapon. Now,” Samson stared at me. “Put on your pants.”

 

I stared down at my pale white legs and quickly shuffled to change into the dungeon's baggy black silk pants. Once they were on, I felt better.

 

Majorian stepped through the remaining vampires and cut them into pieces. I tried my best only to get the drops I knew were mine.

 

I gained a few skill books.

 

Blood Blade Annihilation – Conjure an extendable blood blade from the user’s hand. +40 Bleed Effect. Skill Requirements: Qi Control lvl40, Aura Manipulation lvl40, Qi Manifestation lvl40 Stat Requirements: 80INT

Blood Shield – Use stored blood to protect the user from damage. Skill Requirements: Qi Control lvl40, Aura Manipulation lvl40, Qi Manifestation lvl40 Stat Requirements: 90INT

Blood Pool – Store the Blood of defeated enemies for other techniques. Skill Requirements: Qi Control lvl40, Aura Manipulation lvl40, Qi Manifestation lvl40 Stat Requirements: 100INT

 

Samson looked over my skill books and shook his head. “I know the temptation but don’t bother with them. Unless you want to become a regeneration vampire tank, they won’t do you much good. Take it from someone who has a bunch of useless skills.

 

I felt Swarm approach. “You seem to be doing alright.”

 

“You know my weakness, woman.”

 

Chuckling and the breathing of a respirator joined in. “So tragic you might as well make a build-out of it.”

 

Samson’s cheeks reddened until they matched his fur. “I don’t see you making a build-out of all of those editing skills you picked up.” 

 

“I plan to; they will fit with my current build soon enough, trust me.” 

 

“Oh, Red doesn’t know about your other skills, does he? If he’s going to join the party officially, you might as well tell him.” Swarm said.

 

“Yes, tell him I want to hear what he thinks.”

 

Samson looked away and mumbled something. I blinked. “Sorry, I didn’t get that. Maybe the noise from the gun threw off my hearing.”

 

“I’m a fucking werewolf.”

 

“What, why is that embarrassing?”

 

“I’m Karmically bound to mate with my sister.”

 

I opened my mouth and closed it. “What?”

 

“Werewolves are monogamous, and I’m not getting into this with you. So don’t pick up useless skills; you never know how they will interact.

4