FILE-001: THE_FIRST_LOSS
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi! I am the narrator of the great story of Blake Panzer, a top detective in the city of Justice. Criminals actually fear this certain person, he can actually sniff the sins out of your soul. Just kidding! That part is an exaggeration.

Even before he was born, his dad would come home every night from work, and guess what? His dad is also a detective in the same department. Unfortunately, during one of his high-risk investigations, he was tortured and murdered. Stories were told of the 'Courageous Detective of Pillsmath Police Department', as an example of how virtuous the defenders of justice are. His loyalty earned a deep mark in the history of Justice; his name, Orion Panzer, was carved on a statue just outside of the station.

Ah, well, anyway, let's start the story of our main character. Where was he again? Oh, there he is.

In the center of Eyes-Land, one of the districts of Justice, there is a mansion owned by the Panzers. The name Eyes-Land was all because it is the highest place in the whole city, you can actually see everything from up there. When the moon shines on the starry sky, the lights will give you a refreshing evening to look upon, and by minutes you will be able to sleep soundly.

Blake is getting ready for his work. He took upon the job of his father, not because he was instructed to, but he actually loved detective movies when he was young and aspired to be one. His mother died of cancer, and from her death he was alone, living in the large space inside the mansion.

Someone knocked on his door. He pulled on his tie, wore his typical detective coat, and put on his hat, the same hat you see in common detective movies. He opened the door, and greeted a woman his same age, 25, wearing the same type of outfit he has, only with different colors.

Wait, let's roll back. He wasn't actually living alone. Klenn Decker, his partner in work, lives together with Blake starting from five months ago. She had nowhere to go, and Blake offered a place for her to stay. Who would deny an offer like that?

Okay, we're back on track. Do I have to tell her backstory? No, no. Let's save that for later.

"You ready, Mr. Famous Detective?" Klenn asked in a teasing manner. She handed a briefcase filled with documents.

Blake took it and replied, "Yes, Ms. Best Detective of the Month."

Earlier, I told you that Blake is a detective feared by evildoers. Klenn actually cultivated a cold case, travelling all the way to another district and stayed for one week. She did find the killer and the victim. The victim's body is something... well, it's gruesome that I don't want to describe it so detailed. Yesterday, she was awarded the 'Best Detective of the Month' award, and there you go.

This is a normal day for the both of them. A saying goes "Just another Tuesday" but today, it's actually Tuesday.

Have you ever wondered what could happen if a man and a woman live under the same roof for a very long time? Something would develop? Feelings, anything like that? Well, throw away those principles as these two do not have anything similar to that. They promised to put their work and serve the people above all their interests, above anything, and by anything, it means 'any' thing.

Blake took the car keys on a drawer beside the big door of the mansion. He threw it to Klenn who was able to catch and went outside. She started the car, waiting for Blake to get in. He made sure no important thing required for the job was left for the day. He is a very cautious person; indeed, a trait for the top detective of the department.

Klenn drove forward as soon as Blake got inside the car. He put his briefcase on the backseats, and laid on his back. He watched the civilians pass by the streets as they moved, and that put a smile on his face.

"This never gets old, right partner?" Klenn asked happily.

"Yeah, I agree." Blake replied and deeply exhaled.

This was the thing they dreamed when they applied for this job. Our two characters are righteous beings; they were raised correctly by their parents. Both of them wants to prevent the same experience they had.

A few seconds away, they would reach the police station. Klenn perfectly parked between two police cars, and disembarked to enter the station. Blake also followed, gradually tidying up his coat. He loves his coats, all of them high-ranking detectives love their coats.

The officials greeted them as they walked to their office. As usual, their office has those computers, pens in a coffee mug, documents and books placed on their mini-shelves, what more? Ah, a flower vase.

Blake and Klenn sat down on their chairs. You would think they would go and review their files right after they arrive, but no. They surfed across the Internet while listening to their favorite music, swaying with the beat. 

On the background, the sound of telephones ringing, their shoes moving back and forth, and the chattering of the people mixed so well, it sounded like an ASMR concert. Still, our two characters were jamming on the beat.

It was all a relaxing day until the police captain went to Blake's desk and handed over a pile of papers. 

"Cap! Good morning!" Blake greeted and removed his earphones. Klenn took a glance at the conversation behind her, leaning as she was interested.

This police captain is named as Bobby Lewfield. He's been serving the Pillsmath Department as the captain for years. He never wanted the promotion; only to be the one giving missions to the detectives. I mean, that's a weird police officer right there, huh? Seems there's one more person who love detective movies like Blake.

"This is a new case for you two." Bobby said. "Reports of missing people around Missus. At first, they thought it was just an unfortunate accident. We dispatched a search team, and it has been going until now. Days after, more and more people were missing."

At last, mystery!

Klenn took the papers and reviewed the reports. Blake was deeply thinking, maybe something suddenly clicked at his genius mind?

"Well, I'll leave you both to it." Bobby stood up, and took some cigarettes. "I'm sure the top detective and the cold case solver could easily dig through this."

"I'll call you if anything comes up, Cap!" Blake said. 

Blake typed through his computer and laid out the district map of Missus. The screen showed houses, trees, and landscapes, together with the progress they built through different years. He scanned through a span of five years, and found nothing but construction and deforestation. 

Klenn gave a piece of report to Blake. "Read it," she said. "We'll then go to Missus and ask-"

A loud gun shot was heard from outside. Ohh, action! But who would shoot a gun near the police station? Is that person dumb?

Policemen ran outside the station together with our two favorite detectives. The screams of the innocent civilians were louder than ten cars honking together. One brave person, let's give him a round of applause, pointed at an alley. Blake bowed as thanks and ran towards the alley, while Klenn followed him. 

He saw a glimpse of someone running to a corner. He pursued this person, jumping over trash bins and junk. He even slightly slipped on a water puddle, but was able to regain his balance. Don't worry folks, our protagonist is not a clumsy person!

Klenn followed her partner and found him taking cover on a garbage bin. Shots were fired, and she was able to dodge those bullets. She brought out her gun, signalling Blake to slowly approach the gunner. Blake signalled 23 on his left hand, followed by 25 on the other hand. Klenn knew what he meant, 23 shots were fired on a 25 bullet magazine. The gunner only has two left. What a genius guy!

Klenn ran through and crouched as the shooter fired one bullet. She thought to herself, 'That's one,' and she went cover closer to Blake. Blake then suddenly went up and sprinted directly to the gunner with the last shot being fired, straight through his chest. Klenn was shocked, and pointed at the gunner. The gunner had nowhere to run, he was stucked at a dead end. Unlucky guy, a really unlucky guy.

Klenn was very furious until Blake raised his hand. "Blake!" the worried Klenn yelled. She helped him get up on his feet, and shook off the dust and dirt. Blake looked at her and then he was greeted by a slap. Oof!

"WHAT THE... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Klenn... well, I don't have to say what manner of speech she used, right? You can actually hear it, right?

"Yo, chill Klenn!" Blake replied. "You know me! I don't run off to suicide!" He showed his bulletproof vest, catching the bullet near his chest.

"No!" the gunner shouted. He pointed the gun at them and clicked rapidly, but nothing was firing.

"Haha! You thought I was dead? Well, think again!" Blake proudly said.

The gunner reached for his pocket, and before he got another magazine, Klenn fired her pistol. The gunner screamed in pain, struggling on the ground. "No, you don't." Klenn said.

Damn, even I don't want to anger this woman.

Well, don't worry. Klenn actually did not shoot the hand or his thigh. She aimed slightly off and perfectly shot the magazine. What the gunner was screaming for is a bruise from the bullet scratching through his skin.

Klenn gave Blake a heavy pat on his back. "Settle this matter. We have a case to complete," she said.

Blake took out the handcuffs from his pocket. He kneeled down and put together the hands of the shooter. He quickly cuffed it and stood up, asking Klenn to move out.

As he was walking, Klenn grabbed Blake on his shoulder, but he did not stop moving. She grabbed it again, and then again, he never stopped moving.

"Blake!" Klenn angrily yelled.

Blake turned back and asked Klenn, "What's up? You told me hurry, right? Let's go!"

"Are you numb? I grabbed you two, freaking, times! And are you dumb? Did you forget how to use the cuffs?"

Blake looked closer at the man to see the cuffs was just place above the hands. He eventually tried to shake his own hands, but he was weirded out. It was as if those hands were not his.

He suddenly fell down on the ground, wounding his head. Klenn was shocked, again, and told him his head is bleeding.

"I... I do not feel any pain." Blake said.

After a few seconds, he lost consciousness.

This file is long, but that's the story of Blake's first accident... or incident? The sense of touch suddenly taken away from you, would that cause you a lot of trouble? Fret not, for sure on the next files we can actually see Blake's trouble on his lost sense of touch, or will it be the only sense he's going to lose? If you actually read the story description, you'll know the answer.

Hmm, I'm going to turn this computer off! Your narrator will soon return, he just have to eat first! See you next file!

...

Were you reading the confidential files again?

No?

...

0