Red Storm
228 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm back.", I proclaimed to myself as I made it back on the deck.

And what do I see? Hoa is chilling with Surtr, playing with cards made of steel.

"Welcome back.", Hoa waved at me before returning to her game.

"You went out for four days, Miss Silvi.", Surtr greeted me.

I nodded, "So I got us some good material."

I snapped my finger, summoning Quirinus to my side. And I let Ouroboros Omniscia vomit out the materials I got, two giant claws fully attached to the hands, ten claws from its legs, bones, and a few patches of skin.

Surtr came over to inspect, "These look very clean, so what do you want to make?"

I look over to Quirinus, "I want to borrow your expertise on working with World Cores, upgrading this lance to the next level."

"What kind of upgrade do you want exactly?", he held up one of the detached claws, examining it.

"Well, I want to add the Dragon's Curse to my lance, is it possible with a world construct?"

To deal with Theia, ripping reality apart wasn't enough. So I need more firepower. And maybe ram her with a one hundred and eighty tons warship.

I can obviously damage her with my Domination, which cancels out anything I find unsavory. Basically, it weaponized my racism.

"Hmm...", he pondered, "That can be done, I have experience in this field..."

"So do I need to prepare a special forge for you?", I asked.

"No need, I am the Blacksmith of the End. For something this simple, there is no need for grandeur.", his eyes lit ablaze, expelling flame from the slits on his mask, "Miss Regent, I need the hottest flame in the universe for this endeavor."

Hoa came over, crossing her arms, "Sure, Charlotte would kick me out if I don't help her anyway."

I giggled, watching as the two began to remake my lance. 

Hoa turned into her true form, which is a vaguely humanoid red flame with a blue aura around her.

Surtr grabbed the lance, surprised to see the lance wrapping around his arm. Still, he summoned a hammer and an anvil.

"Hover your body over the lance.", he requested.

Hoa nodded, floating above the lance, being careful to not touch it. As it can kill her pretty easily.

"Blast it."

With Surtr's signal, she poured down a stream of fire, heating the lance, making it red hot and acting up. A storm cloud forms above us, showing Quirinus' defiance.

"Utopia, move. We cannot let anything interfere with the process.", I commanded.

"[As you command, Your Highness]", he replied.

A glass dome was raised, covering us from the rain. The ship began to move, sailing away from this place.

Back to the duo, Surtr placed Quirinus onto the anvil and began to hammer away after the first blast. He smashed away the previous work done on it, and then with another hit, he reassembled them onto the hilt.

He snapped a claw in half, straightening the pieces with one hit of his hammer for each one. He repeated with the rest, yielding in a total of thirty-two spikes of different sizes.

Then he wrapped the biggest piece of skin around the lance.

"Blast."

Another stream of fire came from Hoa, melting the skin onto Quirinus. With the fire still going on, Surtr hammered the Dragon Hide, merging it with the lance, forging it into a new form.

The storm above becomes more violent as if the lance is openly rebelling against this entire process. Dude, you are getting a makeover, get over it already.

The anvil opened up, creating a place for Surtr to put the handle in for his next step.

"Blast."

Again, Hoa burns the lance, when Surtr takes the spikes and... he hammered them into the lance, from the smallest at the tip to the longest ones near the end of the body, it looks kinda like a Christmas tree now, if not for the ominous aura it is emitting.

I need to calm it down...

"It needs to either cool down naturally or some type of oil to quench it.", Surtr muttered

"Reverie.", the surge of black sludge escaped my body, readying to consume the lance, "I will do it."

It is my lance after all.

I commend the Reverie for swarming around the lance—

SCRREEEETTCCCHHH!!!!

ugh... what a horrible sound. It is sizzling, burning the Reverie away rapidly as more and more consume the lance.

After thirty minutes of it screaming, Quirinus finally quieted down. But I can tell it is still too hot to touch. The sludge is still bubbling...

I used up about ten tons of Reverie on this thing alone... it is only a fragment of the World... I lost a bit of confidence on how the fuck should I quench Elderstahl, made up of EIGHT WORLD?!

"Now we just need to let it cool naturally.", Surtr stated, putting his hammer away.

I called back the remaining Reverie into myself. Only then can I see the new form of my lance.

Its silver light was replaced by a dull grey color, with red circuit veins going from the tip to the base. No more RGB lance for me, I guess. And sticking out from the lance are spikes, crackling with red electricity.

"That was more stressful than I thought.", Hoa sighed as she returned to her human form.

While Hoa went to Surtr to discuss things with him, nothing that really interested me, just talking about what methods they would use to destroy worlds.

I just stare at Quirinus, feeling its brewing storm inside. The skin completely seals the inside, creating a more concentrated power that can only escape through the spikes, which turn the wind energy into a more potent and deadly version.

"In the Name of Humanity."

The lance responded, letting out a low humming sound.

I grabbed the lance with my left hand. The heat burns my glove off, but I can endure this much.

"I know you are angry, Quirinus.", I chuckled, "But I need you..."

KRACKAKAKOOM!!

A bolt of red lightning hit me, breaking the glass ceiling, representing the lance's rage... but I endured the rush of energy.

"Charlotte! It is dangerous!!", I heard Hoa yell.

"Let it go, Miss Silvi!", Surtr followed.

I appreciate the concern but...

"In the Name of Humanity!!", I pointed the lance into the sky, absorbing its own lightning...

And like a beacon in the darkness, it glows with blinding light, damn... crackling and swirling with red and white electricity.

Hahahahahaha~

YES!

This is what I was waiting for!!

I thrust the lance upward, sending a beam of wind and lightning into the sky. The dark clouds that gathered here before were blasted away, clearing for the light to shine upon me.

My eyes shine a silver light, resonating with Quirinus... it had fully accepted me, signified by its hums.

From a lance anyone could use to a bonafide God Slayer, fueled not only with the hatred of Curruid and Rhongomyniad. But also carries the destructive nature of humanity.

The Lance of the World is no more...

It is now The Lance of Humanity.

12