Primal Instincts
266 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hum to myself, stretching as I just finished another stream. Still wandering around the Mediterranean Sea to find any traces of Roko and Theia.

So far, I don't think they are here... might have gone to Asia or America. So I think I might as well go to Berlin and meet this Jury of the Pale Court.

But~ I have something else to do here...

To get the so-called Legacy of Monte Cristo. I read about it in the Library and I want to find it for myself. 

"Utopia, change course to Montecristo.", I commanded, "And go slow, I want to rest a bit."

"[As you command, Your Highness.]"

I pushed myself away from the table, spinning in my chair, and then I hopped onto my bed. I'll get in some sleep... even though I know I can keep going further, it is not good to stay awake late.

I closed my eyes, letting myself get tired...

And I found myself in a forest full of tall evergreen trees... quite odd if I do say so myself.

"So you are here.", this arrogant voice... this pompous aura...

"Gilgamesh.", I frowned, turning around to see him leaning against a tree.

He smiled, his purple glare sparked, "I see you have encountered a problem, one unseen by even yourself!"

"Why is it always you?", I facepalmed. I only met Pandora exactly one time, and I haven't met Romulus or Remus yet!

"Because I am Gilgamesh, the First Hero of Humanity. I do whatever I want! Kuhahahaha!!", there he go laughing his ass off.

I seriously hate him...

"Hah...", I sighed, "What is the problem?"

"You don't touch your primal side that much, my Inheritor.", he crossed his arms, becoming more serious, "You rely too much on your weapon and not yourself."

"What does that mean?", I frowned.

"The Golden Order may have fixed your problem with your soul and mind being too big for your body to handle...", he smiled, "That may give you an upgrade, but you are still limited."

I know I already am overpowered, does this mean I can fuck shit up even more? I need all the power I can get when facing a being that can create swords capable of deleting reality, and whatever the fuck Theia can do.

He continues, "Your body is an outlet, your power can only match what your body can handle. It may be more concentrated and more powerful, but for the sake of not having your body failing on you, you can't go beyond one hundred percent."

I nodded, that is something I noticed too. Aside from unlocking new abilities, I can't push myself too far unless I want to explode. Ambition is the only way I can temporary lift the restriction of my body.

Still, the accursed time limit came back. I can't have fun with that around.

"So what are you suggesting?", I glare at him.

"Simple.", Gilgamesh cracks his knuckles, "Barehands fighting. You need to go beyond one hundred percent, it simply isn't enough! Humanity's potential is infinite! You are giving humans a bad rep here!"

Immediately, he rushed at me. Giving me a painful uppercut—

I responded by punching his stomach... which was rock solid. 

I don't have my powers here.

But I kept going, using my nails to claw at him—

"Kuhahaha!! Good!!", he strike his knee into my stomach.

I coughed up some spit. But that was not enough for me to lose consciousness...

I grabbed his arm as he was throwing a punch, and then using his momentum I wrestled him to the ground.

Yet he used his other hand to not fall completely, his feet were still touching the earth beneath. Then he swiped my feet, knocking me off balance.

He double down and grips my arm tightly—

Crack—

He dislocated my right shoulder, making me let out a primal scream.

In my state of panic, I snapped at him. My left hand clawed deep into his right shoulder.

I bit him, tearing into his neck. His purple eyes only glow brighter.

He gave me a powerful punch into my chest, breaking several ribs and sending me flying into a tree.

"Impressive, my Inheritor.", he spoke as he held his bleeding neck.

I didn't say anything, only glaring at him as I snapped my arm back into its socket. Fighting a pure brute like him...

I can't use strategy, I can't cheat with my weapons or my powers... All I have is my body and...

My primal instincts.

Without saying a word, I dash at him, ignoring the pain from my broken ribs.

I went low, picking up some dirt, and gripping it tightly into a bundle. Then as I approached him— I threw it.

It took him a fraction of a second to swipe it all away midair. But that is all the time I needed. I latched onto the two-and-a-half-meter man, locking my legs around his neck, my left hand holding his hair.

And I clawed his eyes out with my nails, making him struggle as he repeatedly punched me in the back. However, I bit into his face, ripping off pieces of his face as I did so.

I felt my shoulder blades shatter, but I had ripped his nose off. I feel my spine broke, yet my legs still hold on for dear life.

I am Charlotte Silvi, I am the representative of the cruelest and most savage beast of Earth, human.

I don't think anymore, with just the singular thought of killing Gilgamesh. This isn't the first time I have killed myself, I can do it again.

I will stop at nothing to—

I woke up from my dream, sitting up from my bed in a cold sweat, breathing raggedly. I feel the barely contained violence inside me rising up, my eyes unfocused—

I punched the wall behind me, shattering it instantly.

"[Is there something wrong, Your Highness?]", Utopia came to ask me with worries.

"Yes... no, not really...", I took in a deep breath, "I will punch the next blonde person I meet..."

I took out a cigarette and calmed myself down, I was not having a good time...

"Utopia, how long until we get to Montecristo?"

"[In two minutes, Your Highness.]", he answered, "[Though I recommend we return to the Pacific Ocean for the sake of your mental health.]"

I chuckle a bit, "I'll be fine, you don't need to worry about it."

I went to the coat hanger to put on my leather gloves, chest plate, and trench coat, getting ready to obtain the Legacy of Monte Cristo.

"How are the Mediterranian monk seals doing?", I asked, grabbing my hat.

"[As per your order, I had obliterated all we came across. With 400 specimens exterminated.]", he reported.

"Good, that does put a smile on my face.", I nodded with a smile.

I've enacted my plans on reducing diversity and ending all endangered species. Especially the useless ones, like panda. Speaking of pandas, North America is entirely free of pandas by unknown means.

I began to head to the command bridge, hearing the quiet hum of the engine become familiar. Even if only I could hear his heartbeats... it makes Utopia special to me.

A machine that acts like a human. And an inhuman human. We are a duo in the most ironic sense.

Oh, Lugh is here on the bridge, staring into space.

"What are you looking at?", I approach her.

"Just seeing the view of this ship of fog. It is a solemn look, the world in front is right there, yet hazy.", she pressed her entire body against the window, "I enjoy feeling the touch of glasses, every planet, every region... they all feel different. Be it the coldness of The Stellar Express, or of the houses under the scorching gaze of The Helix Sacrifice, even the pox-filled worlds of The Plague Garden."

"Just... don't break the glass.", I sighed.

"I know how to control my strength, Charlotte.", she turned around to face me, "I am my own Herald, I know myself best."

"Question on that part... do you have other Heralds?", because I just find it so strange that... an Eldritch God is their own Herald.

"No, it is just me. I do not wish for my creations to act in my place as an Observer.", she blinked, her eyes filled with dozens of golden pupils for a moment, "But I can call them any time I want, anywhere I need. They are just so irresponsible."

"And how are your Angels any different from The Almighty?", what are the differences between Angels anyway?

"The Almighty's Angels are made for specific purposes, more machine than life, yet less mechanical than machine, take your servant for example, she was built for destruction. Yet she transcended her own schematics, becoming a true Living Angel.", a faint smile formed on her face, "Mine were built with Life in mind, they are beings made not with flesh and blood, nor steel and oil, but are made of cloud and air. They have free will."

I closed my eyes for a bit. Here on this ship of mine, there are three beings representing three Harbingers of Life. The organic, the inorganic, the inbetween...

And... Free will, huh.

"Utopia, do you have free will?", I asked my companion.

"[I indeed have Freewill.]", he replied.

"Then how about before, when you were a part of the Steel Legion?"

He responded instantly, "[It was Conditioned Freewill, for as long as we, the creations of The Machine Overlord, follow its Commands, we are free to pursue whatever we like.]"

"Then, what did you pursue in the past?"

"[Capturing the moments, frozen in time.]", there was an air of melancholy in his neutral tone, "[Photography was what I did and still do now.]"

I nodded. Over the years, Utopia opened up to me more. At first, he said photography was merely a part of his duty, but now... he fully admits that it is what he wanted.

"[We have made contact with Montecristo.]", he said, ending the converstation.

"Good.", I look at Lugh, "Do you want to come?"

"Sure, what treasure will you find here?", she smiled and got away from the window.

Legacy of Monte Cristo... I do wonder what you look like.

12