Chapter 2 – Summoned to another world
91 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My head still hurts so much, but that’s the least of my worries right now.

I don’t know why, but I’m currently being dragged by two strange people in some kind of medieval armors.

“H-hey, could you please tell me where I am?”

“Be quiet for now, you’ll learn soon enough.” Damn, I guess I just have to be quiet for now.

It seems I’m in some kind of castle, I guess I did die and reincarnate in another world, so that wasn’t just a weird dream.

“We are almost there, can you stand on your own?”

“Y-yeah, so, where do these giant doors lead to?” Maybe he’ll tell me at least this much.

“We are in front of the doors to the throne room, you’ll soon be standing in front of the magnificent king Bernhardt the III”

A-A king? I guess I could’ve guessed that, still, I’m kind of nervous now.

The grand set of doors opened before me, and I was pushed into the room, the king sat on his throne in the back of the room, but many people began watching me from the sides too, it seems they are nobles of some kind.

The King is an old man, I have instantly noticed his big white beard and almost bald head, only being partially covered by his crown.

His sight was now focused on me, it seems like he is mad, it’s like looking into the eyes of a beast, the pressure is unbearable.

“Is this the child you’ve managed to summon?”

It seems like the hostility wasn’t directed at me, but some folks in robes, mages perhaps?

“Yes, king, we don’t know what went wrong, the summoning ritual was performed perfectly! It seems as if he’s just the one, my excellency.”

What does he mean by that? Don’t tell me that God made me into some main character of this world… I just wanted to live a peaceful life here.

“Child,”

The voice of the king is rather raspy, but still, it invokes fear in me.

“I’m sure you’re confused and want to know what’s going on. You were summoned here to fulfill the role of a hero.”

Ah, it seems I have to clarify to him that I’m in no shape to be a hero.

“M-My king.”

“You may speak, I’ll allow it.”

His voice almost made me faint, is this some kind of skill?

“A-As you probably see… I’m not really in the shape of what you would consider a hero”

“You may stop talking,”

Ah, I instantly obeyed his command, this is definitely something like a skill.

“I have already noticed that you’re not exactly fit to be a hero, that’s why I have a request for you, listen me out, and don’t interrupt.”

It seems that now even if I wanted to talk, I couldn’t, my mouth just wouldn’t open anymore.

“I will hand you over to one of my most reliable knights, she’ll be training you and will put you into shape…” He pointed his finger at a knight standing next to him.

“And remember, you don’t have the right to refuse.”

I’ve just arrived here, and already I’m being bossed around, I guess nothing changed.

“It seems that you understand in what kind of position you’re in. You will go with Ms. Heisha now, she’s the knight I’ve mentioned earlier.”

She started walking toward me, I want to ask her some questions, but my mouth is still shut,

“You’re coming with me.”

She just yanked me by the collar, and we headed out of the throne room.

For now, I’ll just stay quiet, It seems that we are headed to the training ground of the castle.

“Listen,”

Oh? It seems she wants to tell me something.

“I know this situation must be hard for you, but I’m going to help you get through it.”

She doesn’t seem that bad, I thought she would be scarier.

“Wait right here, I’ll be right back, ‘kay?”

She just went into some kind of shed and left me here, there doesn’t seem to be anyone using the grounds currently, it’s just me and her here.

Ah, she’s coming out of the shed, she’s not wearing the big chunky armor anymore, you could even say that she’s kind of cute now that I look at her, she has short, reddish-pinkish hair and a battle-hardened body.

“For today we won’t be doing anything hard, just run around the training grounds a couple of times, and afterward I’ll show you to your room.”

Ah, running, something that I’m horrible at, I mean I get exhausted by simply walking.

“Is it okay if I just walk when I get tired?” This is the real test, will she say yes or no?

“Don’t worry, I’ll just help you run then!” She took my hand and just started running, god this is so exhausting, I can’t remember the last time that I’ve run for so long, and it’s barely been 15 seconds.

“Just a bit more, c’mon, you can do it!”

Easy for you to say, you’re both bigger and stronger than me, well at least I don’t have to do it by myself.

“See! That wasn’t so bad, now, was it?”

I’m lying face down on the floor, I think it should be clear if it was hard or not.

“Anyway, let me show you to your room, we’ll be training some more tomorrow.”

“Y-Yeah, just help me stand up, please…”

The room that I got isn’t that bad, I mean it doesn’t even come close to my old room, but the bed seems kind of comfy, and there’s even a window.

“I guess it’s time to hit the hay…” I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

0