Chapter 4 – Maidly Duties
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kenta, I'm waiting outside!"

*Yawn* I guess this has become my routine now, wake up, train, sleep, repeat. Can't say I'm too fond of it but whatever.

"I'll be ready soon," Still, the daily training is better than I've expected it to be.

"Ah, there you are, Kenta!" Heisha is here to greet me before our daily training like always, but who's that next to her?

"Kenta, this is madame Wager, she's the head maid in the main wing of the castle."

Huh, I wonder what she's here for.

"Kenta, as you know, we've been trying to improve your stamina with our daily training, and well."

"Let me continue, please." Seems that the head maid is a rather hands-on person.

"Mister,-" She looked at me expectantly.

"Ah, I'm Arakaki Kenta, but please just call me Kenta."

"As you wish, mister Kenta, let me introduce myself properly, I'm madame Wager the head maid of the royal family,"

She's staring at me intensively.

"Miss Heisha and I concluded that it would be beneficial for you to help out the servants with cleaning and tidying up the castle."

I just look at Heisha with a confused face, I thought we would be just changing up our training, but this, well… this is rather surprising.

"Yeah, just like madame Wagner said, you'll be helping the maids clean around the castle, you can help around the castle and work on your condition in one go!"

Then Heisha suddenly leaned toward me, my cheeks instantly turned bright pink, but it seems she just wanted to say something in secrecy.

"Listen, I know this situation is rather… boring. But please bear with it, I won't be able to train you for a while because of some stuff that has been happening around the capital, I hope you understand."

She then leaned back.

"Well then, I'll leave Kenta in your care, madame Wagner."

"Very well, please follow me, mister Kenta."

I guess I don't have a choice in this matter, "Yeah, lead the way please."

After a while, we arrived at what seemed to be the main office.

"Please take a seat mister Kenta, we will shortly proceed."

And yet again she's looking at me with this weird look, I wonder why?

"You may come in," Shortly after I notice the big doors left of the head maid open.

I didn't know what to expect at first, but just then a young girl came through the doors, beautiful golden-blonde hair and light blue eyes, she looked almost like an angel.

"Mister Kenta," She pointed at the girl.

"This is Mai, she'll be helping you with your work."

Obviously, I'm not too fond of housework, it's a real pain in the ass. But maybe it will be a bit more bearable with a cute girl at my side, though… I'm not too sure if I'll be able to speak to her.

"H-hello mister Kenta," even her voice sounded like the one of an angel.

"let's help each other out during our time together!"

Ah, she's also the optimistic type of gal, huh?

Of course… the moment I look at her, she diverts her gaze to the ground, no wonder, I'm kind of ugly so this kind of reaction is warranted by most.

"Hello Mai, I'll be in your care."

And I've been met with silence… welp, no matter, I guess working alongside a cute maid and actually having a normal conversation with her shouldn't have even come across my mind.

"Now, both of you will go and start cleaning the windows in the neighboring rooms, off you go!"

I wonder what's worse? The silence that still lingers in the room ever since we started cleaning the rooms, or the fact that I'm already exhausted and we haven't even properly cleaned one window.

Oh? It was only a short glimpse, but I'm sure I saw Mai staring at me.

"Um…" Ah, so she wants to try to break the silence.

"Mister Kenta, you're the hero, right? You're quite different from what is told in stories."

Well no wonder, I'm definitely not the hero type. Still, did she have to be so blunt?

"Ridicule me all you want, I'm used to it."

"What do you mean? I'm not trying to—ah!"

I've barely noticed her falling when something told me to just go for it, somehow I've managed to catch her just before her fall would've ended.

"Hey, are you okay?" She looks fine but I might as well ask.

A—and I'm met with silence once again.

"C-could you please put me down…"

Oy oy oy? What's this? Is… is she blushing?

"Yeah, s-sure I'm sorry."

What is this situation that I've gotten myself into? Isn't this some sort of event flag? No no no, I shouldn't bring game logic into a real situation... though… still it's kind of nice.

"N-no! You shouldn't be apologizing! You've saved me from the fall… t-thank you."

I noticed it earlier, but she's really cute…

"Anyways, I guess we should get back to work, shouldn't we?"

"Y-yes, once again, thank you for saving me, mister Kenta."

And with that, I guess we've broken through the ice sheet at least, kind of a weird way of doing it, but I guess it for the better.

"Ah! Mister Kenta, could you tell me a bit more about yourself? I've…"

I guess today wasn't that bad, I can't remember the last time that I've held a conversation that long. Anyways time to hit the hay…

0